Masters Running

Tuesday, Sept. 22 Runs & Rests (Read 388 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good MORNING!!

I don't have an adorable baby picture to start the day, but I do have an awesome run to report!   Brinkley and I were out the door at 5:15 a.m. for 4 miles.  10:10/ 9:48 / 9:43 / 9:35   Big grin    It was so foggy out which was extra spooky.   Maybe that is why we ran a little faster.   Whatever the reason, I'll take it.

Mary - are you going to market your melted bottles?   I might interested in one or two.

ksrunr

Yep, I am going to sell them.   I can personalize too with a picture.   You can send me a note to sftbottle@gmail.com.

Happy Twosday!!   Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning, Mary.  Great run!

7.1 miles, 57:06, 8:01/mi, AHR 156 (80% MHR)

included 8x20s striders

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Slo

Whew....I'm still recovering from this weekends race.

Out for 6.25 in upper 60's and light rain. Still feeling tired so I scrubbed my 9 mile with 4 at MP plan.

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

12 easy miles in a fog (literal and figurative).

Saw seven deer in a field, but none had antlers.  It's a female dominated world.

This past weekend, I was going to smoke a Boston butt (which is actually shoulder), but the butcher was out of butts, so instead I picked a picnic for our picnic.  Then the PBJ family went out macoun apple picking.  20 apples weighed over 10 pounds - so much larger, fresher and sweeter than anything you can buy in a store or at a stand. 

Marathon is 10 days away - time to get the eye of the tiger...

Another easy day for me.  That's three days in a row.  4 miles with 8 x 10 second striders at 5K to 3K pace, with 50 secs. jogging between them.

Tomorrow's run will be a bear.  I'm looking forward to it.  (No wonder non-runners think we're nuts!)

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Morning, gang!

Mary - it was foggy here this morning as well.  Good run for you and Brinkley!

PBJ - glad to see you recognized that it is indeed a female dominated world ;-).

I'm so behind after being gone this weekend, and work is also getting in the way.   Biking was great - the colors are just starting in Vermont.   I ran into my little toothsome poodle friend yesterday morning, but I heard him coming and was prepared.  As soon as he shot out of the bush I was in his face yelling at him to go home.  He was too startled to bother to pursue me ;-). 

8 miles on the track this morning @ 9:18 and 154 AHR. 

Good runs all! 

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Good morning good people. That fog blanket must be covering a lot of the midwest. Same conditions here today. 6.5 miles at a 9:32 pace followed with 5 minutes jumping rope and some ab work.

Mary - your bottles are so cool! Have you had any hits on your web site? My art show is this weekend - the weather man is predicting rain.  DH says I'll never sell all of the glasses I've painted. I'd sure like to prove him wrong, seing as how it IS a female dominated world!

PBJ's post sounded like a tongue-twister this morning - "but the butcher was out of butts." Those apples sound delicious - and big.

Sue - not much color change here. We've had no rain the whole month of September and it's been pretty warm. Way to challenge that pesty little ankle biter! I always love how the owners say "oh, he/she won't hurt you - they're very friendly" as the dog is lunging toward your body.

Bill - good luck with that killer workout tomorrow.

Slo - my thoughts and prayers are with your grandfather. Take care...

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Renee the dog

I want to make a tv show with SueT48 as the star.  Just "A Day in the Life..." style show...

Out this morning for a 4.5 mi bike ride with the family.  Will attempt 4 mi at lunchtime today.  Apparently, my legs took a beating on Sunday at the Phila. Distance Run. 

Congrats to all the AG placements and PRs over the weekend!  My head was spinning trying to keep track of everyone's!  I think I have them all, but won't name them in case I happen to miss someone.   I feel honored just to hang out virtually with all of you!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Tramps

Have you noticed how much Bill's been slacking off lately?

Easy 3 + hard 3 + easy 3 = 9 miles

I'm doing a fun run 5K this Saturday so I was curious what a hard 3 miles felt like and what pace I could do these days.  Only managed a decidely unimpressive  7:14.  Maybe I can do a little better when I get on some pavement.

Be safe. Be kind.

lamerunner

Good morning! Long pool workout yesterday, 1500 yard swim and 60 mins pool running. Not sure if it keeps up my running fitness but it makes me tired.  I will probalby do something similar today.

Moderately good news on my foot,.  Finally got the MRI results this morning. No fracture, just a very irritated tendon, possibly related in part to my RA issues. I can come out of my air cast, keep swimming and biking and start some walking. I got a prescription for othoticis and in theory could be running a little again in a few weeks.

I think it will still take some time ( still some soreness) , but the absence of a fracture makes me feel better about trying things without big risk of damage. Tendonitis can be pesky though.  Both of my "current" running shoes had been giving me trouble oddly enough, despite having had good luck with them in the past.   

No baby pics here. If I could capture the cat and the young bearded dragon regarding one another through the glass of the cage, it would be interesting, but not that baby cute.

Good running to all...  

wildchild

Carolyn

Four inches of snow yesterday.  Bah hooey.  I didn't run because it was cold, windy, and wet, and I didn't bring the right running clothes for the conditions. Today I came prepared:  shorts, long pants, short and long sleeved shirts, wind shirt, gloves.  I'm ready for anything!  If it's not raining I'll RAL, otherwise RAW when I don't mind getting wet.

About half our aspens have turned gold, and now they have snow all over them - kinda pretty.  I'd post a picture but DH is still salmon fishing in Alaska and he has our only camera.  I'd better get another one!

Good runs and rests today -

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Four inches of snow yesterday.  Bah hooey.  I didn't run because it was cold, windy, and wet, and I didn't bring the right running clothes for the conditions.

I'm just going to totally pretend I did not just read that!! 

JLynne - you will do great this weekend!   I wish you could e-mail me some pictures so I can post them.   I'd love to see your booth set up too as I am trying to get some ideas.

PBJ has it all figured out.  Big grin

Nice running this morning ..... keep up the good work everyone. 

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wildchild, it's hard for me to picture that since I did a run this morning -- first day of Fall I believe -- in almost the warmest, muggiest early AM conditions that I've run in yet this year! It was also probably the first time since I retired that I was out running before 6:30AM, but it was a chance to run with an old friend who still has to run at that hour.

Anyway, a real warm, foggy 5-mile run this morning on a soft, hilly golf course. Still recovering from the long run on Saturday, but I should be in good shape for my final HM of the year on Oct. 4.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Mary –nice run!

PBJ – won’t you be smoking some Boston butt in April?    BTW, this weekend our church had a new singer leading the worship and I was thinking, “why does he look so familiar?” when I realized he looks quite a bit like you.

10.05 miles for me today in a muggy 68 degrees, including 10 x 400m intervals, with 400m jogging recoveries.  Interval paces ranged from 1:51 (7:26) to 1:55 (7:46), with the last one at 1:45 (7:02).

I like to do these on the river bike path, which is nice and smooth and flat, but these days it’s also very dark at that time of the morning.  There’s some light from the infrequent street lights on the adjacent road, but not enough to see the autumn litter of walnuts, hedge apples, and buckeyes that are beginning to make the path treacherous.  I have been bringing a tiny flashlight along with me on my runs there, but today I forgot it, and spent most of the run worrying about rolling my ankle on a round object.  I wonder if they have a street-sweeper for the bike path?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Heat Wave here!   93 yesterday, hot this AM, and no wind.  Need to get out soon for a short easy run.  Getting ready for  an 8K on Sunday.  My 2nd 8K.  I have done one 10K, and want to do another before the year ends as per my 2009 resolutions, so this 8K is a step on the way.