Masters Running

Leftover Friday's Daily, 11.24.17 (Read 38 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

I want to file an official complaint with the daily coastwalker morning roundup police. I did 12 miles on a TM on Wednesday, but was that mentioned in yesterday's roundup? Noooooo!  T-W-E-L-V-E miles on a $#%$#Q# I risk my mental well being on a TM and not O-N-E word! Not one!!!! 

Sorry, Twocat, but if it wasn’t in Jay’s recap, I seriously doubt you really did it.

Tramps

Nice to see all the feasting and running going on.

Too cold to ride here yesterday so we substituted a brisk 6-mile hike on our nearby trails. Gorgeous.

Today we had warm afternoon in the 50s so we went for a nice 22-mile ride. Another gorgeous day.  Cooling off fast, though, as the sun was dropping.  Hot shower, fire in the woodstove, leftovers on the menu later, cold beer in the fridge, and a rare 5 pm start for Caps hockey.  Doesn't get any better in my book. 

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Sorry, Twocat, but if it wasn’t in Jay’s recap, I seriously doubt you really did it.

Ha!!! 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike - snork!

Leslie - Yay for the trail run!

Okay, unfortunately the tree farm was disappointing.  The farm we have always gone to had acres and acres of different types of pine trees, plenty to choose from, wagons you could take to pull your tree back, a barn with a big stone fireplace and a roaring fire, hot cocoa  and popcorn, and a mule and a donkey to pet.  This new tree farm was very small, the trees had lots of brown needles and most were kind of sad.  No wagons.  No fireplace.  We ended up purchasing an already-cut tree that was probably shipped in from Michigan.   Still, it smells good and looks almost too perfectly shaped.  Next year we will try one other place out in Yellow Springs, a bit further to drive but I hopefully a better experience.

Got some chili simmering and another Red Box movie - Valerian and the City of Thousand Planets.  Last night was Baby Driver.  Since I rarely watch much TV, these long holiday weekends are movie nights for DH and I.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I, for one, am VERY impressed with 12 miles on the treadmill!   My longest is 9.

I always order our tree (fresh cut) from Weir's Tree Farm in NH.  This year I ordered even a little earlier than usual and they were all sold out!  I was shocked.  They have gotten very favorable write-ups in the WSJ and elsewhere, so I guess they are no longer much of a secret.  I found another online fresh cut place- I think it's in California and I suspect the trees are sourced from various places, so we'll see.....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

bioguy

Hi all

Ran 6 yesterday and black Friday today was a 6 mile hike with my wife and our two mutts.

Tomorrow is my 58th birthday (how the hell did that happen?) and I have much to be thankful for. Grandchild #2 was born a month ago, all three of my children are doing amazingly well, and my professional life was the best its  ever been. Tomorrow also marks 365 days since I've had a drink of alcohol. Not sure if I'll continue the trend, but a year of teetotaling was good for me.

Planning on a run in the morning, then a trip to Baltimore to have a second family Thanksgiving of sorts.

Tailwinds!

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy ho masters!

I had a wonderful quiet Thanksgiving at home with my DD and DSIL.  They only live 40 minutes away, but we don't spend much time hanging out together since they're both busy with work and school.  My DD is trying out being a vegan, and she cooked us a terrific vegan meal, which I supplemented with a small roast chicken for me and her DH.

Yesterday I went for a short run on my road, and saw 6 wild turkeys!  I thought that was a good omen on Thanksgiving.

Today I met some friends from my usual Friday trail gang for an 8.4 mile run in a local park. My DD and DSIL came along and went for a hike while we ran.

Twocat, I for one am impressed with 12 miles on a freaking treadmill!  That's like 100 miles in real life!

Years that we are home for Christmas, we just go out in the woods and cut down a tree.  We own 35 acres so it's pretty easy.  Not sure if I'll be home this year or not - it depends when my DH comes home from his climbing trip to pick me and the dogs up for more road tripping.

No Black Friday shopping for me, unless you count stopping at the liquor store on the way home from the park to buy more wine.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Yeah Carolyn, that's about as much day-after-Thanksgiving shopping as I'd do, too. I count it as a good day when I don't even leave the house!

I run on the treadmill a lot, at least in the winter, and I agree 12 miles is a lot! I think anything over 10 miles is quite an accomplishment. I might try that on Sunday. Today I did a good 10k in about 53 minutes, long enough to get through a Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me podcast and another shorter one. I did re-learn that it's hard to laugh when on the treadmill... It never got much above zero today, including up here at our house so it's a sign of some cold air hanging around. Tomorrow's "high" is -15, so it's a sure sign winter is here (ha, as if I needed reminding).

Holly, sorry about the demise of the good Christmas tree farm. It's one of those sad things in life when something that brought joy for so many years just folds up and goes away. Maybe you should scout out some other options now so you'll know where to go next year?

Bioguy, good for you. Nice to feel in control of it, right?

Hockey game tonight so my stay home all day thing will have to be another day. But at least it's not shopping or going to work, so I'm good.

OK - I wasn't going to do it, seriously was NOT going to do it, but I caved!!

I'm in for the holiday challenge as long as my foot doesn't start screaming at me!!

My original running group MVS follows the rule of minimum 1 mile RUN every day - not walking, but my Sole Sisters group is allowing a dedicated 1 mile (or more) walk to count as staying in the challenge. Sooooooooo we'll see........

Hit the gym at 4:45 am to get in 1.2 mile run on the treadmill -- yes there is a decimal point between my 1 and 2 unlike Twocat's treadmill run on Wednesday. Then I did some squats, planks and ab work before heading in to work. Another day of too much eating - this really needs to stop!!

I bought a couple things online yesterday and today but that's it. I might shop a little tomorrow for Small business Saturday - after my morning run of course!! 

denise

TammyinGP

Leslie, as much as I love Subaru's and that would really be the ideal vehicle for me, budget wise it's not in the cards. They hold their value so well, that to get in the price range we can do (and not have outrageously high mileage), I'd have to really go back in years and not willing to do that either. <sigh>   

but I did find a car, that I fell in love with, and it worked with where I'm okay having a monthly payment. a ruby red Ford Fusion SE, 2013, so a year or two older than I wanted, but only 28K miles on it and single owner. Impeccable condition, not even a scratch to be found. I'm pretty happy with my new ride. 

Tammy

but I did find a car, that I fell in love with, and it worked with where I'm okay having a monthly payment. a ruby red Ford Fusion SE, 2013, so a year or two older than I wanted, but only 28K miles on it and single owner. Impeccable condition, not even a scratch to be found. I'm pretty happy with my new ride. 

Nice!  So birthday present, Christmas present, or both? 

I haven't been on a treadmill for years.  It'd probably kill me . . . although I think it's probably good for working on pacing.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

I guess this qualifies for belated birthday present (although not originally in the plans that we'd be buying right now anyways - or even the day after my bday), early christmas present and early early valentines present.    After not having car pymts for so long now, I'm going to have a hard time adjusting to monthly car pymts, but they don't start til Jan, so just going to enjoy one more month car pymt free . lol

Tammy