Masters Running

Thurs 3/5 Masters Daily...and Craziness (Read 585 times)

Mariposai

Great licence plate ribz........... twocat: remember to take your cushion on the plane...we don't want to upset the periformis again. Have fun in CA. Erika, how are you doing sister?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey, Ribs - I was thinking of you during my run today. I was way overdressed for temps in the mid 30s with no wind and at one point thought about taking off my wind pants and running in my shorts. Didn't, though, 'cause I figured the fine for running with PANTS tied around my waist would be astronomical!
      Even worse if you weren't wearing shorts underneath...... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Personalized vanity plates eh? Mine is so vain that only one person in a year and a half even recognized it. Bet you guys do: 26PT2BQ I waited to RAL and had to suffer through a nice sunny 62° for a recovery run in my new shoes (three of us today wore new shoes.. wow!) 4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory in 37:28 (9:22 pace, AHR 150). I like the sport of running Here's a breakdown for Saturday's race (I hope) New shoes - $60 Race entry fee $15 10K PR - $priceless

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Make that 4 Steve .... I wore new shoes too! Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

evanflein

Mariposai, Hi! I'm good... busy, tired, stressed out but good. Can I call you Sunday?

King of PhotoShop

Well Erika, it looks like you and I aren't the only arrogant and egotistical people here. How about that Perchcreek??? Liz, I would definitely have that fine-meter running for a sight like that. Spareribs
                Have a terrific Tuesday you all.
                Butterfly lady, you lose track of time while having too much fun in Arizona? I saw one last year "5K8K10K", I liked that one. Of course I sped up to see what the guy inside looked like, and he was predictably scrawny, like a runner. 10 miles on the TM, yup, it was raining pretty heavily out there. I took lots of short breaks and it actually wasn't that miserable. Most at 5.4mph, hardly aware I was breathing at all, with 1/2 mile at 7.5mph near the end just for fun. Glad I didn't do any tempo or real speedwork....just felt so good to take it easy.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

Perch, Erika, and Ribz, you're so vain, I bet you think this song is about you! Big grin It finally dawned on me what RAL means. So I RAL today, and like Perch, "suffered" through 64° and sunny conditions for 5 ez miles. Aamos, how are Kevin and Crissy doing? I'd like to send them some blue sky and sunshine and easy trail miles - they probably could use some after all that time in the hospital.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Slo

I'm a heavy sweater. It would be difficult for me to RAL.

King of PhotoShop

Sorry Carolyn, only evryday can quote lyrics. Spareribs
                        I guess I'm an arrogant slob too, but if Erika, Perch, and Spareribs are considered arrogant for having one, I'm in good company. I have a vanity plate on my Porsche Boxster that says: GLF CART Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Nice weather here also . 50 degrees and sunny for my easy 4 miler. About 9 minute miles . My legs were a little dead today but it didn't seem to effect my pace. I have noticed my easy pace coming down lately I think after my next race I will re evaluate my times for different types of training runs. 2 easy days in a row so tomorrows tempo run should go well. Hope so anyway. I am about due for new shoes also. I like to get a new pair with about 50 miles left on my old ones and then just use them for my short runs until I retire them at 400 miles. I find I can't get any more miles than that and if I go to much beyond 350 miles on a single pair I start having foot issues especially AT. Isn't that the object of a vanity plate ? Nice runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

55 F & sunny here in Northeast Ohio Shocked 5 miles last night & again this afternoon. Won't be any snow or ice for my half marathon -5k (I'm RD) on Sunday but forecast looks like rain is likely. I too got new running shoes today but didn't wear them. I get my work shoes from Zappos & amazingly I once ordered shoes at 7PM and they arrived at 9am the very next morning I couldn't believe it. Breger A member of my running club is planning on doing the half at West Palm in December, do you do that one? Using a vacation day tomorrow so I can perform RD duties, getting ready for packet pick up on Saturday.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

evanflein

Well we have totally carpy weather. So carpy, in fact, that I'm being sent home early today! Big grin Whoever thought that 28° temps combined with 6-8" of wet snow would be such good news on a Thursday! And that's after I slogged my way thru that crap to make it to the gym for a 45 minute easy run on the treadmill. Ha! Life is good today... well, wait... I have to make it home first. So, hold that thought and hope I make it up the driveway before 6 pm! I'm taking my arrogant, snooty self in my personalized-plates car home!
                                Yeah Sarge, I generally do run the Palm Beach half. I didn't this last year but have previous years. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong