Masters Running

Wed June 3 Runs and Workouts (Read 499 times)

Good morning, everyone!  Nice and light out when running in the morning these days.  If only it weren't so dang humid!

5.1 miles, 47:36, 9:18/mi, AHR 130 (67% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Cry me a river Lou.

6.05 miles at 8:35 pace on this National Running Day.  Avg. HR 145.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!    Geez WRFB - Byll is not giving you any sympathy today!!  Wink

Another morning of "do I want to get up?" as I turned off the alarm clock.   Restless Brinkley convinced me that I indeed wanted to get up and take him for a run.   I set out for another short 3 miler, but felt good enough to go for 4 miles.  9:40 avg. pace - 165 avg. hr.      My heart rate is still a bit high, but my heart itself is much lighter today.

Thanks again to everyone! 

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Dog days for Mary.  Once you get going...

Well, after several weeks of cramming my face with anything edible, I entered my company's "biggest loser" contest on Monday.  13 weeks of moderation.  Let's just say my starting point was higher than I've been in years.

This morning was the usual - fizzy lifting and spin cycle.  Yesterday I ran down a dirt road called Old Iron Ore Road.  Had to jump a stream along the way.  There's something to be said about taking a new route, and getting almost lost.  Call me a rebel...

Slo

Quick Fly by.....off to a meeting.

3.8 mile run followed with 35 mins in the pool......very nice easy and relaxing workout. I've been up since 2:15 am.......Dropped my oldest DD off at the high school.....heading to Hawaii.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

.......Dropped my oldest DD off at the high school.....heading to Hawaii.

Wow!   We never had high school trips like that!  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Our class trip was to Cedar Point.  And we had to drive ourselves.

Here's to Hopeful's Happy Heart!

IWC

Walked Veta Louise Simmons through the swamp for a total of 4 walking miles.  Call me a rebel for not running on National Running Day... I was too "runned out" this morning and the rocket scientist wanted to get to work early to write a report.

PBJ's a rebel and he'll never ever be any good
                He's a rebel and he'll never ever be understood
                And just because he doesn't do what everybody else does
                That's no reason why The Long Suffering Mrs. PBJ can't give him all her love
                He is always good to her, always treats her tenderly
                'Cause he's not a rebel, no no no
                He's not a rebel, no no no, to her.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Battling a late Spring cold. Left work early Monday and stayed home from work yesterday. Downed Nyquil last night and went to bed early. Got up this morning at 5:15. Washed down some Tylenol Cold caplets with a half scoop of whey protein mixed with iced coffee and headed to the gym. Lifted weights for 60 mins and then ran an easy 3 miles. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Mariposai

4 easy miles for recovery, plus tending the garden. I will have my first salad greens from the garden today. I know that the first fruit of my labor will taste delicious.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

5 miles for me today in a very sticky 68°, with miles 2 and 3 @ (8:08, 7:58), which is slightly faster then tempo for me.

I spent most of my run speculating on what to pack for Seattle...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

We were treated to a wild electrical storm last night that lasted nearly four hours until about 3 a.m.  Unfortunately, I was trying (unsuccessfully) to sleep so I was pretty droopy this morning when it came to crawling out of bed.  Muggy 5 miler.

Rebel, rebel

You've torn your dress

Rebel, rebel 

You're face is a mess.

ETA: can anyone get the text formatting to work here?  Bold, ital, etc...  I've never had any luck.

Be safe. Be kind.

Renee the dog

I spent most of my run speculating on what to pack for Seattle...

Oh Holly, that's so great! I hope everyone has the best time (take that both ways!!).

A bit over 3 mi today.  Slow pace with one embedded hill sprint.  Was fun.  72 ºF with 82% H.  Was great out! (no sun)  Very still since a dawn shower came through. 

Good runs to all!!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Renee the dog

ETA: can anyone get the text formatting to work here?  Bold, ital, etc...  I've never had any luck.

I can get text editing to work.  What won't work is once I pick a smiley -- I'm stuck with it.  So, I have to decide my mood for the entire post in advance.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

with a little bit of precise fiddling, you can get the drop-down to show up again.  I usually have several of the same smiley that need to be deleted

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

Wow!   We never had high school trips like that!  

Isn't that something.....Hawaii.

This trip has been scheduled for 3 years. My DD saved her own money and is paying her own way. That was the one stipulation we put on the trip......honestly, at the time I thought it was our way out of not sending her......but, to her credit, she saved it up.

There is one chaperone to every 4 kids with just a few groups of 5. The Chaperones rate is higher......I very much appreciate these people. If I'm going to pay that amount to go to Hawaii it isn't going to be monitoring a bunch of high school kids and be on someone else's schedule.......thank Goodness there are very willing people who don't think like me!  May God Bless Them !