Masters Running

CNYrunner's Boston Marathon report (lengthy!) (Read 451 times)

I think your report was perfect. And your running? More perfect! Excellent, it's been fun following your journey. It's nice when the plan comes together. Thank you for taking us along.
    LaVita
      CNY What a great race and time. You were so controlled thru it all. Your report makes it look like you were floating, enjoying every minute and well you should be - it's Boston. Way to go on getting there again. Congratulations Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

seemomgo

Your report isn't long. It's perfect with details that make us feel like part of the event! Great job! You seemed to have glided through this run so nicely. Just think, f you hadn't stopped to give out those slaty gel kisses youwould have been even faster! I love how you found pamily though and enjoyed all of the interaction during the run. You did an awesome job. Congratulations! And the baked potato march is definately a classic line!
          A great report to match a great run, Karin. RRs are never too long when they're as well written as yours. I see more than a few more Bostons in your future! Smile

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Jlynne

What a great day for you, Karin. It sounds like everything went exactly as you planned (and worked VERY hard for). The baked potato line will probably show up in next month's Runner's World magazine! I'm 55 years old and will probably never run a marathon, but I can't tell you how exciting it is to me to read your report and see all of your hard training come to fruition. Congratulations on a spectacular race! Jeanne

Renee the dog

Loved the report! Thanks for taking the time to write it all out!!! Congratulations!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Thank you for such a fun report, CNY. You flew over the course with grace and style.
                evanflein

Great race, Karin! I knew you were gonna rock this one. Excellent execution of your plan, too. I can't believe you were here, and I didn't run into you once! That's sorta funny... maybe next time!
                    ((karin)) great race report!! Big grin i loved reading every bit of it - you ran an awe inspiring race and it's so cool to read the details!! thank you!! hope to spend more time with you one of these days!!

denise

huskydon

Great race and great report! Thanks for sharing with all of us! huskydon
                      TammyinGP

Oh Karin! I actually got all tingling reading your report - you wrote it so well, I feel like I was there with you experiencing all those sights and sounds. Oh, how I would love to do this marathon someday. I never thought I would, but I guess I'm getting caught up in all the excitement and nostalgia that goes along with Boston. You ran such a phenomenal race and I really doubt that a 3:20 marathon is a smoking dope goal for you. On a less congested course and minus the two quick pauses you took, I know you could do that. What a race you had!! Congratulations!

Tammy

You already know what I think. Awesome performance Karin. Set your goals - dream big - no limits. The best is yet to come.
                            Great race, and a fantastic report. Loved the "hugs and kisses" and the baked potato march. Congratulations!

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

The only thing missing from your report is a picture of you flinging those monkeys off your back! I loved your report and was swept along with you as you remembered so many details. RR's are never too long. Smile Congrats on your master's PR and a wonderful race.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

CNY, thank you for a wonderful RR and sharing with all of us your great Boston Marathon experience. I liked "Smoking dope goal", along with the march of the baked potatoes. I didn't know you could have more than one goal for a marathon (mine is usually "finish alive"). Enjoy your recovery week!