Masters Running

CNYrunner's Boston Marathon report (lengthy!) (Read 451 times)

type a analysis: 5k splits: 23:55 23:16 23:51 24:08 24:02 24:41 (hills) 26:25 (hils) 25:04 wow. great race cny, congrats!
    HermosaBoy

That sounds like an extremely well run race to me! You rock!!! Big grin

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Wow... What a great race and a great report.... I can't hold a candle to this. I think the salt tablets may have been key for this one (i use them too). Congrats and enjoy some rest! Ray

Hill Runner

CNY, you are one speedy runner! Awesome run. Congratulations!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Awesome race and awesome report! Thanks for sharing the details of what it's like to be a true boomer goddess. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your experience Cool Congratulations on a great race...

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Karin, it was grand to meet you, except it wasn't nearly long enough. Huge congrats on a race well run--and your character is much more important than a 3:25 gained by failing to stop and acknowledge those important to you. Good job all around--I was running for a bit with a woman amputee, who stopped and ran over to the side to greet and shake the hand of a man watching from a wheelchair. I waited for her and told her how classy I thought that was and she replied: "We all have our obstacles in life; some of us are lucky enough to overcome them." Loved your report, 'nuff said. I stopped just after the finish and chatted with the reporter from the Hampshire Gazette--I wanted to know how you'd done but he didn't have your time, so I gave him your name and hometown and told him to get busy as I expected you were having a smashing race! I'm doing Vermont in May---hope to see you again. Again, that was very cool that you voluneered to hand out numbers, making a 200 mile round trip to do so, just before the race. So great you had "my" box! Best, Amy ps: I ran with a little Wally (the Green Monster) doll, and he and I did kiss the Wellesley girls. He had a grand time and is now getting comfy in SD.
                Masters 2000 miles
                  It was a pleasure meeting you.....and WOW Whay an incredible race.....and finish time...on a very warm and breezy day.... We ar all so very proud for you....... Congrats..
                  arf

MM #405

Karin...WOW...speechless, incredibly well run, congrats on a fantastic race! I can't imagine having your speed! Shocked Glad you had such a great time!
                      (((( Smile Smile Smile ))))
                      SteveP

You're a very strong runner. I really enjoyed your RR on a well run race.

SteveP

Great racing Karin. Well under the "smile for the camera" goal so you must have had a big one. Congratulations
                          Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

Marathon Maniac #957

Karin - excellent racing! You know I am one of your biggest fans, and not just about running.... Smile Maybe sometime when you are here in Dayton you can sign up for a local race - I would love to just sit back and watch you run!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

CNY--that was a great race and report. I'm sorry I was in town the only day you weren't. I did wear my Syracuse hat to the Trials in your honor. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

pfriese

Wow, what an incredible race and what fun. Thanks for the RR. Paul