Masters Running

Marathon Monday 4/15/19 (Read 52 times)

Henrun

Out for 2. Miles (along the sidewalk) from mile 24 to mile 23 and back. Getting warmer and humid with a see breeze-not ideal but better than last year.  Watched the wheelchairs and home now. Getting ready to go out again and spectate.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi all!  I was scrambling this morning to get ready for my 10:00 meeting, and I was not entirely successful.  One fellow showed up at 9:30, so I just let him sit in my office while I continued to scramble.  The other two fellows were late, so I started the meeting around 10:10.  When one of them arrived at 10:15, he informed me that I had called the meeting for 10:30.  Yes, I am that big a doof. 

Anyway, meeting is over, stuff is prioritized, and now I'm scrambling in another direction.

Mostly this is because I got fed up with faculty never getting spring break, and needing a vacation, so I'm taking off this Wednesday through next Tuesday, because I have almost 7 weeks of vacation accrued.  So I'm racing to get everything done prior to leaving.

So I did yoga and biked this morning, to try to cut down on the crazy-stress response.  Probably the only time today I'll remember to breathe!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

mrrun

Super trivia - they just adjusted the course clocks after the lead women went by

jordan Halsey sp? First American

Marathon Maniac #957

Super trivia - they just adjusted the course clocks after the lead women went by

What does that mean?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

an amazing likeness

The elite men's finish....Wow!  Wow. Holy Carp.

mta:  free live stream from local Boston channel: Click

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Happy Boston Marathon Day!  I'm having trouble finding the spot to put in the bib numbers to follow people and also can't find any free live coverage.  Oh well.

Anyone else shed a tear or two watching Tiger win the Masters yesterday, 14 years after he last one?  What an amazing thing to have such a public fall from grace, work your butt off to straighten out your life, two years ago believe you'd never golf again because of back issues, then come back and win the Masters for your 5th time.  Congratulations, Tiger,

About an hour of core/ST/PT yesterday.  Nothing so far today.

We spent the weekend stressing out over getting The Hub a new work truck.  His is literally falling apart, piece by piece.  We've been running the numbers, looked at a couple Saturday, did some 'net research and ran the numbers, went back to the dealership yesterday to look again, went back home and ran the numbers again, I had a meltdown over finances in general, neither of us got much sleep last night, but this morning I think we've gotten over the "can we do this?" hump and are set. The salesperson we met with on Saturday doesn't work on Sundays and Mondays, so another guy showed us a couple more trucks yesterday (we were up front about having started with Samantha the day before), then The Hub called her last evening and told her which one we were interested in and that we were worried about it getting sold before she went back to work on Tuesday.  We're meeting here at the dealership at 4:00 to hash things out.  . . . . I'm having heart palpitations . . .

Enjoy ~~

MTA - I forgot to mention Steve's pics. LOVE!!!  But who ordered all the white stuff???

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mrrun

The elite men's finish....Wow!  Wow. Holy Carp.

++++ we ran home in  time to see it.

Holly - we never spectated near a course clock before.  They start it when the women start at 9:30.  After the women went by they reset it to match when the men and wave 1 started - 30 minutes later.

we're home for an hour or so until we go out and watch for friends!

...Amazing Finish........

============

60s here

......40-min x-bike...

===========

side rant............WAY off Marathon Topic......

(or FlashBack)

on my Senior Paper-

I had actually

found an Archaeological  Journal

which postulated

due to their burial excavations

the people of Jericho

had intestinal Worms

which prevented them repairing the walls

thus

letting them ''come tumbling down''

hey,

that's about as exciting as studying Intestinal Worms can get

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

It looks like Joe is half way.  Go Joe go!

Tramps

Go Joe!

Really is amazing that 26.2 miles comes down to this difference. Whew!

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

go Joe!  though I don't know you : )

go Kirsten, Robin, Harriet, Lou, Karin!    so much fun tracking this.

tw, so glad that you are still here.     hey re dancing, never say never  - )

...hiya dg//..........Good to see you Checking In,

what'cha been up to??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

dg.

thanks tw!   'lemme explain...no there is too much.   lemme sum up'  ; ).    one of these days I'll sum up if I manage to keep posting & when it's not Boston day : ). 

makes me happy to read everyone's posts, the usual caring, wisdom & humor!      I'll make it a goal to at least lurk!

did run this morning, 5 miles on the tm, (never never never until a couple of months ago), with some bike first & weight machines after.  remembering lately, enjoy the gift!

lamerunner

Hello.. I have been tracking a few people.  Looks like Karin had a tough day; hope she is ok.  Sorry to lurk.  I do read, still running a few days a week, but slow!!

BTY

Hello Runners, Happy Marathon Day!

My sorry excuse for a cardio workout today will be participating in a walking tour of downtown Albany, on the anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's death; the subject of the tour is Abraham Lincoln's visit to Albany as the President Elect, on February 18, 1861.   The tour starts near the site of the old train station, which is long gone, but it was very near the less old train station, built in 1900 but now re-purposed, and which is right next to the building that I work in today.  Does that make any sense? 

The tour ends at the location of the old State Capitol, which is in the shadow of the "new" State Capitol, construction of which was begun the decade of Lincoln's death.   It should be interesting if you are a real history geek like me, and my daughter is coming downtown to join me in the tour, and we will have a Daddy Daughter Date of Frozen Yogurts at TCBY (The Country's Best Yogurt).  For what it's worth, the tour starts at about sea level and has a net elevation increase of about 150 over 1/2 mile.   So there's that.

Have I mentioned that when swimming a couple of miles in a pool, the elevation never changes significantly?  Sort of like the scenery.

Brian