Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 10/18/09 (Read 423 times)

... in all of life's little emergencies [there is] one question unceasingly humming in the mental background: When am I going to get my miles in? (Scott Douglas - 3 time Paralympian)

I will be on vacation Oct 16 thru 26.  Would somebody else pick up the thread the next two Mondays while I'm gone?  I'd appreciate it.

Totals later . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest Day -------------------------------------------------------------------- Done!

Tues - 3 miles OR 30 min cycling; strength/core ------------------------- Sick.

Wed - 5 miles w/strides --------------------------------------------------------- 3.5 fairly sproinky miles, 1.5 very unsproinky miles

Thurs - 3 miles OR 30 min cycling; strength/core ------------------------ 30 min cycling; 1.5 hrs core/strength

Fri - ??? - Traveling

Sat - Traveling

Sun - 13 miles (fingers crossed) --------------------------------------------- 9 miles

Thanks, Ev.  Appreciate you being the ring leader for a couple of weeks.

Totals: 14 road miles, 30 min cycling, 1.5 hrs strength/core

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Thanks Fatozzig.....I'd be glad to pick up the thread for the next two Mondays.....Enjoy your time, you deserve it.

Good running & x training to all this week.

Monday....6miles...........no run

Tues........6miles............6miles

Wed.........rest..................7miles

Thurs.......rest.................rest

Friday......6miles...........6miles

Sat...........rest................rest

Sun.........7miles...........salck

Total.....19 miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        dg.

Hi all.

thanks Leslie!   where are you going?   oh yeah... out east.   for food.  Big grin

Dutchie, welcome back!!!   Big grin.       good luck with all the adjustments.. I think it will work well because you are always so diligent.     i hate that waking & staying awake in the middle of the night carp.   I'm doing it all the time lately, last night was 12:30, then 3.  not sure what to do about it.  Anyway, it's good to see you. 

Planned    Actual
           M rest  rest
           T  6 miles base pace     .6.24 miles, 10:00 pace
           W 1 m. w/u,2K 1/2 mp pace, 1 mile 10k pace, 1K 5K pace, a mile c/d 90 sec. recoveries 3.78 miles, 9.57 pace
           T  resistance workout  30 min. resistance w/o
           F  1 mile w/u c/d recovery pace, 2 miles 1/2 MP rest, or pack frantically & drive & adrenal exhaust
           S rest    (technically ;-) ) .2 miles or so, easy, w/ some fartleks
           S  26.2 miles

well, polar says longer but i'll say 26.2+.    Big grin

oops, I forgot to post totals.   39 miles running, assorted walking & stressing, 45 min. strength training.   

Dutchie, thanks.   It really was a nice day, esp. compared to the nor'easter the beers & LaT ran in!!   I did ok, was my first so was more of a run than a race, but all went well.    what paint colors did you end up with?

is Nono back from Disney?

Monday - worked late; got home just in time to watch my beloved Phillies beat Colorado and move on to the LCS; I'm EXHAUSTED from watching that game, but it was soooooooo worth it  

Tuesday - stupid job interfering with running again - grrr; have more to catch up on than I realized since my week-long absence, so didn't get home until after 7 tonight and then just crashed; set the alarm extra early for yoga in the a.m.

Wednesday - I am officially a lazy slacker; went out to dinner with a friend, ate & drank too much when I should have been running  

Thursday - strength & stretch at home

Bailing on the rest of this week as I search desperately for my mojo.  Back Monday, hopefully not mojo-less.  Sad

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

Been MIA for a while. Started with all the painting and stuff during my Summer vacation and my whole workout / running routine disappeared. My running in August and September was very inconsistent. Not to mention my usual strength training, it just totally did not happen anymore.

Anyways, trying to get back into my usual routine.

Mon: UB ---> didn't happen due to a very bad nights sleep. Awake from 2h37AM till the alarm went of at 4h30. Just stayed in bed and managed to get a little sleep in before work.

Tue: 7K easy run ->  DONE. Another bad nights sleep and I really couldn't make myself get out of bed this morning. Had to get a run in though. So after work it was. Legs are so unwilling after work. But got 7K in... with lots of breaks.

Wed: 3K easy run + 30min LB + abs ---> nothing, sigh

Thu: 10K easy run ---> 10.1 kilometers of easy running. Sun was nicely warm, but the wind was cold.

Fri: UB+abs

Sat: 5K easy run + 30min LB -> Warm sun, cold wind, bad 5K run, but still enjoyed it I'm sure tomorrow will be a good run.

Sun: 12-15K long run + 30 min Yoga ---> Gorgeous day! Running was so much better then yesterday. (TMI: But I had a major case of runners incontinence....) In the end I cut my run short. Wanted to run 16K but ended up running nearly 12.88K. Maybe next week? 

dg. thanks for the welcome back

dg. Hope you have a nice day for your marathon and you run a great race!

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

Mon-4

Tue-Off

Wed-Off

Thur-3

Fri-3

Sat-Off

Sun-Off

Total=10 miles

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Leslie, have a great vacation!

Mon - Off...to podiatrist & running store...new shoes, arch inserts, tape, etc.

Tue - Bike 12.3 mi, Run 3 mi, Walk 0.5

Wed - Swam 1,000 meters

Thurs - Ran 3 miles

Fri - Swam 400ish meters and headed for the hot tub

Sat - Komen 5K

Sun- plan: bike swim

Progress Trumps Pefection
                  pfriese

M - rest day

T - 7.1 miles

W - 7.9 miles

Th - 4.5 miles

F - rest day

Sa - 12 miles

Su - 4.5 miles

Total - 36 miles Done

Paul

Renee the dog

Hey, I leave for vacation at the end of this week too.  But am taking my training, including my slideboard, with me.

M - nothing

T - ran 4 mi

W-

T-

F-

S-

S-

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Hey Leslie! Where ya going? Whatcha gonna do? Who you gonna see? Most important... what'cha gonna eat? 

Ok, 4 year old imitations over... Recovery week here, and too busy to do much else it seems.

Monday: Travel day (i.e., enforced rest day but too much sitting)

Tuesday: Too busy to do anything other than shopping, laundry, unpacking, etc.

Wednesday: 6.1 miles down the bike path and back up, .3 mile walk

Thursday: 4.5 miles RAL in the sunshine, 8:22 avg pace; .25 mile walk c/d

Friday: 1.2 mile walk at lunch; 40 minutes pool running after work

Saturday: 8 miles, 8:18 avg pace; .3 mile walk c/d

Sunday: 11.3 miles @ 8:11 avg pace; .5 mile walk c/d

Totals: 29.9 miles run, 2.55 miles walked (plus more unmeasured), 40 minutes pool running

Hey Leslie! Where ya going? Whatcha gonna do? Who you gonna see? Most important... what'cha gonna eat? 

1. To Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire

2. We have no idea what we're doing.  This whole trip, except for plane and car reservations, is by-the-seat-of-our-pants.

3.  Hopefully, we will get to Burlington, VT, and I will finally get to meet an RA running buddy - Kelly/Ultrachick. (keeping fingers tightly crossed)

4.  Anything I can get my hands on!

Although Coach has laid out running schedule of evilness while I'm gone (well, maybe not totally evil), unlike Nono, I am not taking any cross-training equipment with me.

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance