Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 5.4.17 (Read 31 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dg -  yep, after temps got way higher than expected ( 76o) I got out quick this morning under the protection of the coastal fog that didn't lift until 9am.  whew.  supposed to be back to normal tomorrow so send any leftover rain you might have our way.  thanks.

INVASTION OF THE SPIDERS

I've run, cycled, etc. the one-and-a-half mile bridge on the morning commute thousands of times in the last ten years and never seen a spider web between the metal posts holding up the railings that keep me from running of the path into the lake.  This morning, after seeing more than just a few at the start, I started counting the rest of the way:  463 separate spider webs!!!.  Oddly enough, didn't see any spiders.

Leslie - that's an upside, for sure.

another "whew" as I only had to look up one word today,  . . .  so far.  however, don't tell Stumps because TheFreeDictionary indicates it's a woman's small hat/bonnet.  Maybe a photo might be in order.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

pfriese

I have very eclectic music tastes, too. Rap is probably the only genre I'm not to keen on. Great listening selections today. Thanks for sharing. 

As far as running today, 6 easy miles around town.

Paul

Tramps

Ooops.

That pretty much sums up the playoffs for us.

Tet:

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

another "whew" as I only had to look up one word today,  . . .  so far.  however, don't tell Stumps because TheFreeDictionary indicates it's a woman's small hat/bonnet.  Maybe a photo might be in order.

Don't hang out enough with Canadians, Tet.

from the Google:

Canadian

a close-fitting knitted hat, often with a tassel or pom-pom on the crown.

However, no pompom for me--too much wind resistance

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tranps/stumps - thnax.

I guess I have several U.S. versions without the tassel

but, now, the "wool" hat that we used to call them,

probably doesn't work as they're obviously

not all wool anymore.

ps - copy/paste sideways version

of bridge spider web, if it works

but I doubt it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

No running to today.  I decided to just go every other day until the marathon.  It is what it is.

Leslie--it drives me nuts waiting for a doctor to see me.  I know they're busy but it seems like every single time it's the same thing...we wait forever.  We make our appointments for a certain time--we're there on time--we should be seen on time.  I could go on and on about this...but I won't.

Okay--that's about all I've got.  See ya!

Mariposai

MikeE, good decision with the every other day until marathon day. Goo luck!

Tetsujin209 interesting spider sights. Any trips to visit GS up north?

3 miles in 85F this afternoon.  Gorgeous weather!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

spacityrunner

you guys and gals are all so cool!

Cool sunny and windy...whats a gal to do? Run that's what! 3.1 miles, 37 min for a nice little 12:08 m/m. Around the workplace. There are some hills. Is ok...

Trails Rock!

evanflein

5.2 miles at easy pace, upper 50's felt chilly on the way out with the headwind, but I overheated on the way back with tailwind. So it goes.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Worked through lunch and then it was thundering after work so nothing for me.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18