Masters Running

Bath, Maine. Any locals out there? (Read 296 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Sorry for the cryptic title. Runners are good people. So, if any of you good people have information about Bath, Maine, I sure would appreciate what you will share. Someone got a job there for the summer and we dont' know where to begin to look for shelter. I guess Craig's List would be one way but, insider information would be nice, too. Thanks. Runner friendly housing. Bath, Maine. Help. buehrle aka rosecoloredglasses

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I don't live too far from Bath, but I don't know much about that specific area. Maine's a great place to live in the summer, though! Good luck!
      RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I don't live too far from Bath, but I don't know much about that specific area. Maine's a great place to live in the summer, though! Good luck!
        Hi Teresa, Our daughter is a mechanical engineering student and got an internship in Bath. She and another girl from Va Tech will be there all summer. They need to find a place to live and asked me to help them look. My e-mail is ralphswife at g mail If you know of anyone who might give us advice on areas that would be okay or areas to avoid, I would SO appreciate it. Thanks,

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I can't think of any areas to avoid! We never lock our doors. Will they have time to explore? I would highly recommend visiting Acadia National Park (Bar Harbor). Other cool places are Boothbay Harbor, Camden, and Ogunquit. Portland is fun for kids her age, too. I will e-mail you - I'm a structural engineer, and I like encouraging girls who want to be engineers! It's a great field.
          Tramps

I know nothing about Bath, ME but wanted to take this rare opportunity to say hi to Rosie. Smile Hope you're well these days. I need to go lurk at KR more often.

Be safe. Be kind.

coastwalker

I'm also not from Bath, but we pass through sometimes on our way to our vacations on the other side of Penobscot Bay. You may want to do a Google search for summer rentals in Bath, or even check in with a local real estate agent, if you haven't already done so. For places to visit, I would put Boothbay Harbor on the list, and especially the Main Botanical Gardens - they are extraordinary! Theresa also gave you some other good suggestions. It is also fun just to drive up or down the coast and explore all the big and little towns you encounter along the way. Good luck! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Hi Tramps! I am not well. I haven't been posting much on KR or here. I go to PT 2-3 times a week. Recovery is slow We're treating this as piriformis syndrome but it could be a bulging disc or somesuch nonsense. I hope you all are well. Hey Jay! Thanks for the suggestions. I hadn't thought of contacting a real estate agent. However, I did find a forum for Maine people and they were very nice to send me a link to the local newspaper's classified ads. I know lilmissrosie is 21 years old... I still worry about her as if she was that little high school girl who lived in this house so many years ago. Hey Teresa, Are you a member of SWE? Thank you Running Aheaders. I look forward to getting well and participating more here, if that's okay.

Tramps

I am not well. I go to PT 2-3 times a week. Recovery is slow We're treating this as piriformis syndrome but it could be a bulging disc or somesuch nonsense.
                  Sad Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the pace of recovery picks up for you.
                  I look forward to getting well and participating more here, if that's okay.
                  Yes! Smile

Be safe. Be kind.

I am not well. I haven't been posting much on KR or here. I go to PT 2-3 times a week. Recovery is slow We're treating this as piriformis syndrome but it could be a bulging disc or somesuch nonsense.
                    Dang! I am sorry to hear this as well. I know how tough it can be. Really I do. I'll also get back to you on the Bath, ME question. My colleague's daughter lived there for a few years (she is in her early 30s now) and worked for a prep. school there. She loved it---also rented an apt. and had a roomie. I'll get you her e-mail address and maybe your daughter can connect with her directly if she wants. The area is beautiful. She may be 21, but she is still one your babies--the need to help and protect doesn't go away. Heck, my super-granny still thinks of these types of things on behalf of my uncle---her oldest son---and he is 79!
                    RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I look forward to hearing from you, and THANKS.

wildchild

Carolyn

Hi Rose! My niece goes to school at Bowdoin, which is close to Bath. Not sure if she'd be much help since she's only a freshman this year and is not originally from the area. Good luck to your DD!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Hey Carolyn, That's cool about your niece being there. Unless she stays for summer school, I'm afraid the girls will probably miss each other. I think we have some good leads but, it is frightening to me to rent a place sight unseen. Oh well, it's only for three months, right? I appreciate and welcome all of these responses.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

big welcome hug to rose-colored-slowly. Maybe missie can get a weekly hotel and look around. if you need a break, maybe go up and you check it out too. if employer doesn't even offer any ideas though, maybe not even go. ps - not bein' runnin' well doesn't have anything to do with postin' over here. two-cat's the current nonrunning champ; check him out, . . . he needs company, . . . especially now that's he's been in the Caribbean!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)