Masters Running

Whacky Wednesday, May 19th Runs (Read 598 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

Up and out for 4 miles this morning with Brinkley.    I still need the headlamp to begin the runs but it is getting light by the time I get back home.   It was a bit of an effort today, but we got through it - 10:26 pace.   No wild pigs, or kids seen on the road!  Wink

As for yesterday's incident, I do not blame the mother, but I do question the Aunt who was in charge.   I talked to our neighbor last night who is a police officer and he said that protective services will be called in to check on things.   This lady has two kids of her own that have been known to wander without her knowledge.   I know that the little ones are escape artists and every story is different, but she seems to simply have a case of the "lazy's" and thankfully this story ended without anyone getting hurt.

On a happier note, we received a gift box full of New York Strip steaks from one of the new puppy owners!!   Many of you may remember the tragic death of a puppy named Edward last year.   We offered this man a puppy at 1/2 price this year and he had so much faith in our dogs and me that he waited a full year.   This was his way of saying thank you.

Cheers and have a great day everyone!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good things do happen to good people Mary.  And you deserve the Steaks after what you did for that little one yesterday, and for the new puppy's owner.

4 miles EZ at 9:19 pace.  Stll mulling over where to run a Fall Marathon.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Hopeful- I'm hoping things work out as well for the 2 year old as they did for the new puppy owner. Only time will tell.

Timbo-That sounds like one hard workout last night. That's a good thing to sleep off.

Like Breger I am also looking into a fall marathon.

Eight rainy but pleasant miles last night. I won't run again until this evening when I have a 6 mile trail race. I haven't run this course before so it should be interesting. Now if I can only remember to start my watch on time tonight.

Like Breger I am also looking into a fall marathon.

DG mentioned it yesterday (and I may have, too  Twin Cities in October. It would be great to have you both there to help a first time marathoner get through the nervous doubts and insecurities of running her first race. It could be fun!

Fantastic workout last night, Tim. You are so fast!

Good morning Mary. Medium rare on my steak, okay? I'll bring the salad. Glad you were feeling better to get out and run today. It does get light earlier now, doesn't it?

Nice to see a post from Nono yesterday. Sounds like you've been very busy. Good luck with all the remodeling and hope you'll start posting more again soon.

Cross training day here. 4 miles on the eliptical followed with machines for legs, back and arms. It's finals week for the kids at the high school where I work. Graduation is Sunday, teachers last day is Monday. Life is good

..ok...hopefully this is REALLY the daily

and not a clever triple diversion like yesterdays.......

you guys are tricky over at RA

=======

.........hiking today.........had a rest day yesterday but a bad hip nite anyway......

FYI-

arthritis in the hips

actually FEELS like an alternating quad or hamstring tear

if any of you Youngsters get this, have an x-ray if The Seasons Change THREE TIMES........

(hey,

I'm not being a ''Horrible Example''

for nothing here)

The Plan-

will switch over to my cane if it gets bad

ironically

sometimes the hiking makes it Better

we'll find out......

....but like my Crazy Brother says ''I hiked In, I can hike Out''

......................good running guys..................trailrun tomorrow ( I hope)

eta-

hopeful,

that was a GoodThing you did for those kiddos

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Once again this morning I can report another run where I had to pull back because of rain/thunderstorms.  I really need to get out of work earlier to break the cycle that way.   Anyway, I got in a couple of miles and felt good in doing so.

Whacky Wednesday huh?  This should be interesting......at least it is looking ahead to the end of the week.

Have a great day..........

Joey

Vista

Dg and Jlynne, okay already.  Enough with the pressure!

I've registered for the Twin Cities Marathon on Oct. 3.  Spareribs made a snide comment a while back saying that I am not worthy of running with CNYrunner or SkipAZ.  While he may be technically right from a pace and distance perspective, I just can't let that one pass.  Spareribs better get in shape 'cause I intend to show him who's unworthy.  Bad heart and all.  No mercy.

Bill 

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Dg and Jlynne, okay already.  Enough with the pressure!

I've registered for the Twin Cities Marathon on Oct. 3. 

Woo hoo!!!

Slo

Hey Y'all

In for another busy day. Actually, the next couple of months. 2 new packing lines going in, a new robot....whew. I'm bushed just thinking about it.

5.25 miles this morning. The body is very well conditioned. I don't feel beat up at all.

I fell in love with my Asics Speedstars over this last training cycle. I had a hard time replacing the Asics Landreth but I think I found the shoe.

Run !

Marathon Maniac #957

Mary – the attorney I work for does a lot of juvenile Guardian ad Litem work, and I can tell you that we currently have two different cases where, in a situation similar to yours, the parents lost custody of the children for months, not just the toddler found running the streets but the rest of the children in the household as well.

Breger, Craneium – November 21, Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon, Nashville, TN.............you could still do your early October marathon, and have enough recovery time to make it to Nashville for a pleasant jaunt through the lovely fall foliage......just sayin'.....

7 easy-paced miles for me today (ave 10:07) in 55°

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

jtv

mary - made me go back and read yesterdays daily.  what a scary story. 

Tomwhite - hope you hip feels ok.

5 miles in 45:42 this am, included 2 walking miles @11:20 and 3 running miles @7:38, 7:36, 7:36

Enjjoy your day/run, etc everyone.

Marathon Maniac #957

5.25 miles this morning. The body is very well conditioned. I don't feel beat up at all.

Very kewl!  But still be careful for a couple weeks, 'kay?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Great 5 miler there jtv.

Ohh boy, I wish I could go to the Twin Cities marathon to  just see the duel between Byll and the wiseone...oh boy, ohh boy...this is going to be so much fun.

I am sorry about your hip problems tomwhite. My hiking buddie also have hip arthritis and there are days that all she can do is walk around the house, but then again there are other days/wweks when she can hike around the base of the Grand Tetons.

Jlynne, you will do well on your first marathon. I am looking forward to seeing you train during the summer months.

Rest day number four. Sleeping in feels great. On to chapter 10 on my book.

Have a great day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Dave59

3 easy miles this morning.  I happened to walk by a TV last night when a Biggest Loser contestant was finishing a 4:02 marathon.  Now I really feel like a slacker.

Kimmie

I was waiting for someone to comment on the Biggest Loser marathon.   I haven't watched past the point of him finishing in 4:02.   Good for him, though.   He really wanted to do well.

Just got back from a 4.5 mile fastish run in the rain.   Apparently, I don't melt.