Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 7.24.18 (Read 41 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Welcome, Spunky! And welcome back, Anslo.

Tammy,  it sounds like you are preparing well for what I hope doesn't come. Is there any reason to call your insurance agent now to make sure you've checked off all the right boxes beforehand, should you need to file a claim?

I struggled through 6.4 hilly RW miles this morning in 66° with 99% humidity and dense fog that wasn't as cooling as I would have liked. So it goes.

Have a greta Tuesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.

Cooler here this morning (67) and made 3.1 miles.  More dry needling later today.  I do think it helps- it can take a few times, though.

1.5 miles on the treadmill after getting home late from work.

Have a greta Tuesday, y'all.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

anneb

5.8 pre work miles, 66, but no wind, humidity always near 💯 so … typical. No wildlife sightings except bunnies but yesterday evening we had a family of big birds (hawks?) hunting a squirrel in the backyard, and later on a PAIR of baby deer lost in the neighborhood (I do actually live in the city proper)  Have I mentioned that I LOVE baby deer?

Tammy, thinking of you and hoping for the best with the fires nearby.

Anne

pfriese

Morning.

Up early for a 7.5 mile run and saw this guy nosing around for something to eat under the apple trees. It's not often that I can get a picture of a coyote.

Paul

SPUNKY57

Spunky57

Good morning Running Friends!! I ran 7 miles some fast, some slow.  62 degrees and was beautiful! We didn't see any wildlife but we found $17 in the middle of the street. We promptly changed our route toward our community Blessing Box and donated it. Lol! The Blessing Box is right outside the county jail. It has a lock box bolted down for cash.

CW - Thanks for the start! Good job on the hilly miles!

TAMMY - Praying for you!

RUNKSA - Good luck with the dry needling!

ANNEB - I love Bambi's too!

PFRIESE - I hope you didn't throw that dog a bone.

Bless you all and happy running! Spunky

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morning Running Friends!! I ran 7 miles some fast, some slow.  62 degrees and was beautiful! We didn't see any wildlife but we found $17 in the middle of the street. We promptly changed our route toward our community Blessing Box and donated it. Lol! The Blessing Box is right outside the county jail. It has a lock box bolted down for cash.

You're a better person than I, Spunky.  As i was reading, I saw "changed our route" and figured the next line would be "Dunkies" or the "local bakery".  Good on you.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Good morning Masters!!

4 miles with a Sole Sister then gym for upper body and core!!

Now getting the hair beautified,

have a noon massage then early dinner

with the hubby to celebrate 36!!

Have a great day!!

denise

TammyinGP

Thanks all!

Nothing more has changed since my update last night. 

Planning on going to the gym this afternoon and getting in a TM run.  gotta do something!

Tammy

spacityrunner

Thinking of you Tammy.

Stumpy:  As I was reading Spunky's post, I had no idea why they would have changed their route.  I liked your idea (mmmmm, donuts) but what they did was so much better   I would have stuffed it in my pocket and used it to buy something at a local business.  I justify that by helping out the small businessman 

We have had some cooler weather lately and with my chiro's blessing I went and ran 1.5 miles today.  Hopefully my knee will remain silent...I am so over this injury!!!!  Then kayaked for about 50 min.  Nice upper arm workout.

Trails Rock!

TammyinGP

if anyone is interested in seeing the perspective, this is a good map to zoom in on.

http://joco.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=43d2d051357a4cc2b13483a2d3984bcf

you'll see Klondike fire on the far right. that's not that far either, but still about 9 miles away and not moving in our direction. to the right of that you'll see a large oval blob which is our fire, Taylor Creek fire, although it doesn't appear to be labeled in this map. if you zoom in on that, you'll see a large section in green to the south of that fire blob. that's me. the fire moving is moving in a southerly route. Johnny lives in the top yellow section of this area, so the fire appears to be under control on that side of it, although he is still Level 2 evacuation. The most active part of fire is the south end.

Tammy

...Holy Crappe tammy//............that don't look good..........

please Stay Safe

===========

...mid 80s with a breeze...

60-min HH 1-2s to see if quad does OK

naturally

I looked this up online,

and

Scared the Crappe out of myself

-Vent On-

.........the rod of the hip implant

goes into the femur,

the bone will give a little during movement and the rod doesn't

(followed

by Horrible Examples-

ranging from

Infection

to Loosened Hip Implant

requiring Surgery........

.........I may have Lost Consciousness after that,

since

the next thing I remember is Fixing Lunch)

if this

keeps up

I'm gonna see what my NP (a Runner) thinks in August

and

email my Ortho to see if he wants to check this before October

-Vent Off-

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Anzlo

Tammy - Oregon has been a nightmare the last 5 years, particularly in the south near the California border and around Crater Lake.  This seems even worse than usual this early in the fire season.  I am so so sorry to hear that this is impacting you, your family, and friends in the area.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  I often track the fire map because of my backpacking and twice in the last 5 years I was unable to complete trips due to fires, once down near the southern border.  The smoke and air quality was so bad I had to turn around and quit. God be with you and protect you!

An easy 4 miles this morning, easy is all I got at the moment.

Have a good week folks!

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

TammyinGP

we've lived here 17 yrs and with the exception of the Biscuit Fire in 2002, shortly after we moved here, it's gotten worse. This is the first time we are seriously thinking maybe we should leave this area. We look forward to the end of a long rainy season (which has become less and less rainy though) and look forward to our dry summers with warmth, outdoor fun, camping, rafting, etc. and then we can't even do that because this happens all the time.

Tammy

Tammy- I am thinking about you and your surroundings.  It doesn't look good.

Dry needling done- 3 places. I don't look at all (well, hard to anyway since it's in my hamstring....). It is not a fun thing, but it's not terrible, and I really think it helps. Josh, my doc, thinks I'm really improving and he's glad I'm running. When I walk out of there after he digs into my leg and butt and sticks needles in me, I feel great! I am trying not to sit much today. Sitting is the thing that makes it worse.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tom - You have the best attitude!

Tammy - Yikes!  Praying things don't get any worse than Level 1.

KSA - Thanks for the info re Bhearn.  And I'll follow him in Badwater!  I'm following three other folks - Yassin Diboun, Sally McCrae, and Pam Smith.  Crazy people. 

Last evening, 45 min of core/ST with attention to hammies, crotch area a bit unhappy afterward (I have no idea how else to explain this).

2.25 miles walking this a.m. with 2 small slow spurts of running added in.  No real issue with the hammy, but nervy issue in crotch area  and a warm, fuzzy feeling in toes of right foot.  Same things that have been going on for awhile now.

Big department talk with the associate attorney and dept secretary this morning re our work load and renigging on clients we've non-repped.  I get his point in that he has to have X-number of cases and bring in X-amount of revenue, but like I told him, I'm one paralegal with a full case load for two attorneys AND he's trying to expand his practice into other areas.  There is no other paralegal in our firm who has essentially two full-time positions.  He said he needs to talk to a partner.  We'll see how it pans out.

Okay - Off to the trenches!! 

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance