Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 2.9.18 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thursday’s workouts:
    Dave59 (4.3 morning park miles in 26° with light snow)
    Tramps (5 blowy, sunny, morning miles)
    RunnerKSA (4.1 morning, sick TM miles + 2 evening TM miles)
    Fatozzig (3 crisp, clear predawn miles)
    Tomwhite (50 min poolrun, nb, cf, ris, paw)
    Wildchild (Wednesday - 17 miles solo trail ru to Lost Horse Mine)
    Tet (30 min Medicare-sponsored, sweat-producing spin class + 5 to-the-sleep-center miles)
    Twocat (18 morning miles)
    Spacityrunner (2.1 morning mountain miles with Achilles aches + 1 road mile)
    Bioguy (6.5 after-school miles, including 5 at 8:45-8:50 pace)
    Evanflein (36 min of pool running)
    Surly Bill (7.75 miles at 8:03 pace)

Falconfixer (8 unmagnetized pre-work miles)

Metalmancpa (6.4 miles at brisk 8:18 pace)

SteveP & AD (2.5 hard, sweaty miles in 14° temps)

So, should I be glad that I don’t have a brother??

I don’t know what it is about our neighborhood that HRMs don’t like, but they don’t. The last 2 I had would go nuts within the first half mile or so, and then all but shut down. It could give a person a complex. So I sent them back.

I hope the toe thingy heals quick, Fatozzig. .

Tomwhite, your brother got screws implanted just in case?? Is one of those screws loose?

About email: I never put anything in an email that couldn’t be public. If I have something more sensitive than that, we meet or I call the person. EZPZ. And sometimes I’ll wait a day (or more) to answer an email just to dampen expectations about instant responses.

I hope you slept well, Tet.

Good “Teaching Thursday” help, Surly Bill.

Very sorry about the ongoing issue with your dad, Metalmancpa, especially after losing your mom in Oct. You're a good son.

I had an interesting meeting yesterday as a member of our newspaper's new 'Digital Edition Advisory Board.' It'll be interesting to see what comes of the suggestions that were made. I applaud the paper for even having such a board, rather than just going on their merry way.

I woke up early again, so I went for 5.2 very EZ miles in 16° temps under clear, moonlit skies. There's still frozen slush & ice along the roads, but I managed to stay upright, so life is good. Now I'm heading out for BWB (Breakfast With the Boss).

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.  Glad you stayed upright!

I have had a little setback with this cold/URI and feel horrible.  I have to go to work, though.  Managed 1.1 miles on the treadmill since I"m approaching my streak record, in case I crater later today and can't run anymore.  I need to refill my  Sudafed and convince the pharmacy that I'm not making meth.

I left work at 2:30 because I got chased out because I was coughing so much.  So- I came home and went outside to run 2 1/2 miles!  It was 65 degrees, so how could I NOT run!  My chest burned for a mile and then got OK.  I used an inhaler (per my non-MD sister's suggestion) which has stopped my coughing!    It's supposed to rain all weekend, so I'm glad I got outside.  It felt pretty hard, but I did it.  So- 3.6 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

I wasn't feeling like running in the dark & cold this morning, plus, I wanted to try my new toy/gadget on the indoor setting. So I was off to the gym.

According to the treadmill I ran 4.05, and according to Garmin I ran 4.09. I think that is pretty amazing accuracy and I don't know how it did that.

I slowed down and kept my heart rate more in the aerobic zone. Garmin congratulated me for improving my fitness.   I decided (at least for the current moment) to relax a little on my runs and try to go further when I have the time.  Too much work today and I didn't get up early enough to do the "further" part today.

Thanks for some helpful input yesterday.

My brother seems normal but perhaps I should check-in?  He used to get into minor trouble but he is doing great now. Nice job up in Buffalo, season tickets (I think) to the Bills, and he married a woman who has a child with cerebral palsy and the two of them never cease to amaze me with their care of their daughter.

Quickadder

Early morning run on my own today. 55F at 5am. Started at goal marathon pace and worked my way down to HMP. 8.2 miles at 9:11 average.

On the subject of crazy brothers, I fortunately don't have any. My sister is not so lucky

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Upcoming race: Contraband 5 miler 5/4/24 

Morning friends!!

8.2 miles in this beautiful area - ran by a beautiful Marina at the Westin hotel. It's been great getting in these runs on vacation. Our host is up early working on her computer and our friends like to sleep in so I'm usually done before they even have coffee!! Win win

Last night watched a beaut sunset on Ft Myers beach then had a fabulous dinner at a beachfront restaurant.

Today heading back to Sanibel and Captiva Islands. Feeling very thankful we were able to get away for this vacation!!

Going to enjoy every moment before we head back to snow and cold tomorrow night!

Happy Friday!! 🌞🌞

denise

''Tomwhite, your brother got screws implanted just in case?? Is one of those screws loose? ''

.......Definitely .........

literally though, one of them DID ''come loose'' and they had to cut the toe  open and re-tighten it.......duh

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

''Tomwhite, your brother got screws implanted just in case?? Is one of those screws loose? ''

.......Definitely .........

literally though, one of them DID ''come loose'' and they had to cut the toe  open and re-tighten it.......duh

Life is stranger than fiction . . . .

Jay - Is there anything you're not involved in?  Hope BWB went well.  Did you get a raise?

Metal - Very sorry to hear about your pops.  Glad you're continuing to keep yourself healthy.

KSA - 

I've been wide awake this a little before 3:00 and around 4:00, The Wilsonater started vocalizing his displeasure at not being fed, so I got an earlier start to my day than anticipated.  10 min of stationary biking - so far so good with the butt - and 1 hr core/ST.  My body is pleasantly pooped.

Hope you all have a spectacular weekend ~~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...fatozzig//......I've found that rolling up a towel and placing it Across the bike seat helps, and can be adjusted as needed

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I’m stuck in Chicago because my flight to Savannah was cancelled.  Now I have to fly to DC, then go to Savannah...4 hours later than I was supposed to be there.  This is assuming I can catch that flight from DC to Savannah in 30 minutes.

I will mss the packet pick up and worse of all....this adds one more take off and one more landing... I was not mentally prepared for this!

Have I ever told you how much I hate flying?

Dave59

Have I ever told you how much I hate flying?

You sure picked a strange hobby/goal for someone who hates flying. 

[[[ mikeE ]].......yeah, this should make you Mad Enough to run Really Fast.........

=========

.very mild today....

..............50-min HH 2-4  (boots-handweights)

hitting the Pool tomorrow

.................Good Running to Ya.....

Just a Story for Friday -

So about 2 years ago I got a toll bill from the San Francisco Fast-Trac for driving over the Golden Gate Bridge (there are no toll booths anymore.  They take a picture of your license plate and send you a toll bill).  I used their electronic payment system to pay the bill.  Unbeknownst to me, their system rejected my payment and I subsequently received another bill with a $25 late fine.  If I remember correctly, I tried to pay the bill again via their site and was rejected again.  At that point, I sent them a letter objecting to the fine, stating their electronic pay system was at fault and that if they expected people to pay electronically, the system should work.  A few weeks later I received a letter denying my objection and telling me I owed the fine and if I didn't pay it, my driver license would be suspenced.  Okay.  I was ticked, but I paid it.

Yesterday, an envelope comes in the mail from the San Francisco Fast-Trac.  I'm looking at it trying to figure why I'm getting a bill when I know I haven't been over that bridge in a couple of years. . . . . It was a $25 refund check!  Explanation: Overpayment of toll bill. 

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

...justice for fatozzig........

.........NEWS FLASH......

I just checked my Asolo Boots online,,,,,,,,,,my 2-lb boots have been 3-LB boots all along.........YOWZA

https://www.rei.com/product/706762/asolo-fugitive-gtx-hiking-boots-mens

and

I don't have to replace the 10-year old pair>>>>>>>>>they can be resoled>>>>>YOWZA Part II

SO

4-lb handweights, 3-lb trailboots

.........NEWS FLASH......

I just checked my Asolo Boots online,,,,,,,,,,my 2-lb boots have been 3-LB boots all along.........YOWZA

https://www.rei.com/product/706762/asolo-fugitive-gtx-hiking-boots-mens

and

I don't have to replace the 10-year old pair>>>>>>>>>they can be resoled>>>>>YOWZA Part II

SO

4-lb handweights, 3-lb trailboots

We always knew you were tough, now it's confirmed!  

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

I have Yowza moments like that too - - like when I think I weigh a certain amount on my home scale and am only 5 lbs from target weight and then I go to the doc and find out I'm actually 10 lbs over target weight. Yowza! and then maybe an f-bomb. 

Leslie - that's kind of funny! yay for a bonus $25! "hey, Shorty! Dinner's on me tonight!" 

Tammy