Day 2: 2.2.17 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Yesterday’s excellent workouts:
    Tramps (snow dusting-free 6 miles)
    Dave (3 miles + massage)
    Holly ( 6 TM miles)
    Catwhoorg (6 mi. in 70F temps)
    Leslie (30 min bike with some hard stuff, + core & stretching)
    Rochrunner (1 mi.TM, plus 3 mi. trail walk)
    TW (30 min Greenway + 30 min. PoolRun [not root canal])
    Jlynne (5 sunshiny, blue-sky miles with new compression socks and an ice ball [ouch!])
    Tet (9.5 mi, 2-way walk-mute at 26F on the way out, and the return trip at 47F)
    Twocat (10 mi on Tuesday with new mittens & lots a’ work yesterday)
    BerthaSlayer (6 mi TM time trial; nailed it)
    Flats (6.4 TM miles)
    Henrun (3 sunny, warm, grateful to be able to do it Riverwalk miles
    C-R (5 mi. club group run with a social after)
    Mike (6 speedy, Ryan-induced, cold hands miles)
    Evanflein (5.1 underdressed, sunset, chilly [-5F] miles)
    Steve (3 heated [not the weather] post-work miles)

Tramps, we have a friend who’s 90 year-old father is still swimming competitively.

Leslie, the TENS unit I bought about 3 or so weeks ago is doing great things for my achy hammy. I also have a lacrosse ball that I roll on a lot to break up knots in my butt, and that works too.

Jlynne, sorry, but I hate Pedialyte. How was dinner?

Twocat, Saucony makes great mittens that are lightweight, lined and will keep your hands warm. My hands/fingers get cold very easily, and the Saucony’s are the best I’ve found.

Henry, when DW’s siblings complained about having to go to too many weddings, they were told to be careful, because there would be too many funerals soon enough. I’m sl glad you are healthy and moving.

Have a great trip, Lori!

Best wishes for successful surgery for your dad, Steve.

6.1 mostly relatively moderately speedy RW miles this morning, but it was too much too soon, so I had to back off for the last mile or so. 24F with light clouds and a light NW breeze.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

Morning Jay. Nice workout and recap.

Safe travels Lori.

Got a quick 2 on the TM this morning. Travel day.

Have a great day.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morning, all.

guess this morning was a brown bagger.  I was SO tempted to reset the alarm, but it woke up the cat, so I had to get up to feed her.  So since I'm up............  then crossed the street to the lake and hit a patch of black ice and sort of skittered across the sidewalk into the grass.  So, since I was out I kept going.  Then the last mile was clenchy.  and that's all I'll say.  3.1 at high 9's.  Better days to come.

Our new admin assistant is a runner and was asking me about marathons and training plans.  I sent her a link to Hal Higdon's but turns out she's not quite a novice--she's looking for a mathon where she might have a shot at a BQ.  Any suggestions for races in the New England area that might offer a reasonable shot at one?

Steve--hope everything goes well for your dad.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

mrrun

Nice recap & RW Jay - don't reinjure yourself

went out & felt humidity for the first time.  Stopped at favorite coffee shop for water & coffee on way back

ive done too much as my knee is barking at me. It I figure it will rest when we are in the cold again

be careful of the ice and happy Groundhog Day!

stumpy -  baystate is a flat double loop in oct

Nice to see the daily get back up to 2 pages.

BerthaSlayer so far as I know there are no prizes for risking your well being by running in slush which might very well cover up ice. I would say the TM is a good call.

flats my DW uses the TM after work because it is dark. If that is why you use it, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan club this fall! The relay includes a night leg and after that you will have a full night time running kit plus lots of experience using it.

Henrun oh 70° I am so jealous. 

tetsujin209 very poetic run and post.

C-R quite true, people who do not run do not realize how social running is.

Mike E I am always amazed at how fast you are.

deez4boyz that is a nice little break! Any travel plans?

SteveP best wishes for your dad.

mrrun I hope the jokes are better than those Disney runs! 

coastwalker glad you feel well enough to get out for so long again. Now be nice to your hamstrings!

stumpy77 good news that you were not hurt slipping on the ice. I liked the Vermont City Marathon, but it is not super flat.

Ran 8 with my training partner. I think she is stating to crack and will want to win races again. She is denying it, but it is the way that she is talking that makes me think it is just a matter of time. A few months I would guess. Today is not as busy as the last two. I do have to go into the city for a workshop late this afternoon, but that gives me most of the day to work on what they really pay me to do: produce research papers. So that is what I will do, work on my papers.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

[[[[steveP]]]

............posting later,

Pickles is pitching my Butt out in the yard to rake for a couple of hours........

.......just a Quick Question,

did HITLER look like a 5'2'' woman??

'cause I think I just found his Sister

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

Hi All,

I did pretty much the antithesis of MikeE's run and ran the slowest 3 miles ever last night. I'm a group leader on our local meetup group for the C25K program, so Wednesday's I run with anyone that might show up at the track. so far, no one has showed up, but last night a new runner did, so for 20 min we did the run/walk ratio. Then I ran a bit more at the end. Ended up with 3 miles in about 39 minutes. 

Who's doing the monthly mileage thread now? I forgot who offered to take it over from Carolyn.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

TomWhite - 

This morning I got ready for work, coiffed, dressed, accessorized, then went to put on the matching boots and they were gone.    That dratted DD of mine, wore my boots today without my knowledge (or permission).  Since those were the only shoes that matched this outfit, I had to start all over and was late to work.  I promptly sent her an angry text, then logged in and turned off her phone service (just recently figured out I could do that).  Apparently she can still use the school wi-fi to text my DS, who also has an Iphone, but cannot text me, or call, since my phone is an Android. DS has received 18 texts from DD so far, asking him to beg me to turn her phone on.  While I feel bad for DS, I am feeling a certain level of satisfaction.  

4 miles for me this morning on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

While I feel bad for DS, I am feeling a certain level of satisfaction.  

I can sympathize with you on that score.

A 20/20 morning: 20F and 20mph. But as Erika can attest, wind chill doesn't mean much when you're dressed for it. I ran with some triathlete pals (nothing stops them!) and it was a group of six for a loop around the lake. Since it was another sunny day (giving us as much sunshine in February already than the whole month of January!), the worst part was the first quarter mile out of the parking lot when the headwind was just hard to run against. But as the path curved around the lake, most of the rest was sheltered or at least not head-on. And as a tailwind, I was actually starting to feel overheated.

So, six miles at a 10-flat average pace. I had to take a couple of walk breaks in the last couple of miles due to a hamstring tightening up for some reason.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

TammyinGP

oh Holly.   she does like to push the envelope doesn't she?

I can't help but chuckle though at this 21st Century silent treatment.

you know how in facebook, you can see those memories of past things you may have posted on that day? well, the one for today was that I ran 12 miles averaging about 9:30's. it was 4 yrs though. ahhh, those were the days.

Tammy

catwhoorg

Labrat

Usual 6 at lunch, the promised cool down is late. I will not benefit until tomorrow I guess.

Biking later

Turning phones off ? Fantastic, I will have to look into that for the future.

Of course we probably have 8-10 years before DD will be getting a phone.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Jay - A TENS unit, huh?  Hm.  Thinking I might ask my PT about this.  He used one on me a couple of times, and between that, the massage, etc., things always felt so much better when I left.  Short-lived, but better.

Holly - Your DD reminds me of my brother and the crap my parents when through with him.  My dad told him one time, "You see your mother's gray hair?  You see my bald head?  It's all because of you!"  I was more the stay-in-my-room-with-the-door-shut-and-ignore-everybody teen.

Stumpy - "That last mile was clenchy."  

SteveP - Good for you for sticking to your guns to leave when you're supposed to.  And I will be keeping your pops in my prayers.

Trips, etc. - August 1 will be our 30th anniversary.  The Hub is actually starting to talk about what we're going to do to celebrate.  He even asked me last night what "is" the 30th year?  We looked it up - Traditional: Pearls, Modern: Diamonds.  Yeah, I won't be seeing any of that any time soon. 

I was supposed to run 6 this morning, but the wind was absolutely fearce outside, so I went back to bed.  This means in order to get in  my mileage for the week, I'll be running 3 days in a row.  Ugh!  The things I do to myself!

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

[[[[steveP]]]

............posting later,

Pickles is pitching my Butt out in the yard to rake for a couple of hours........

.......just a Quick Question,

did HITLER look like a 5'2'' woman??

'cause I think I just found his Sister

Hey!  I think we might be brother-in-laws!

TammyinGP

Of course we probably have 8-10 years before DD will be getting a phone.

I didn't know you had a newborn?!

Tammy

catwhoorg

Labrat

One 5 years and the other 4 months

Smile

My plan is no phone before High School. Lets hope we can stick to that.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18