Masters Running

Tuesday, November 3rd Runs and Rests (Read 466 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Must have been the full moon that inspired Brinkley and I to stay out for 6 miles this morning!    Not only that, but they were all under 10 min. miles.   9:58 / 9:45 / 9:36 / 9:40 / 9:38 / 9:45 - 172 AHR

Not a bad start to the day I tell ya.  Wink

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Nice job Mary!

It must have been the Full Moon for me too.  Tinman wanted 8 miles with 3 miles at MP.  But I actually ran 1 mile at MP, 2 miles at HMP, then another 2 miles at MP.

Oops.

The weather has gotten nice - only 70° this morning - and my confidence is sky high.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mornin' Bill and Mary.

Chilly here in NY....it'll warm into the 50's later.

Easy 3 at 9:33/mile...I'm liking the morning light.

Walt

Well, things are finally back to normal around here - Mary is starting the daily again. Nice 6 miler this morning, Mary. BTW, when is your show? Are you ready?

70° Bill? That's 40° warmer than it is here right now. Way to listen to your coach this morning.

I like the early morning light too, Walt, though it's still dark at 4:30 when I leave the house. 5 miles this morning in cold temps and a "brisk" wind, 9:37 pace.

Holly - forgot to tell you what a great picture that was of your daughter. She looks so much like her mother!

I enjoyed Nono's family picture too. Everyone looks so happy. I'll bet the kids really liked their vacation.

Talked with my DS late last night. Will has developed a blood infection and will be on antibiotics for a course of 7 days. The kids are bummed about having to stay longer but realize that as long as his heart is working and everything else is healing fine, this is just a bump in their road to head home next week. He sure is a cutie - they e-mailed some pictures of him without all of the lines and tubes attached all over his body. Looks like a normal baby now.

Have a great day everyone.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Jlynne - my show is a week from Saturday (the 14th).   No, I am not ready ..... I will work and fret right up to the time we leave no doubt.    Can you e-mail me the pictures of Will so I can put them on the Baby Will thread??   I'm sure everyone would like to see him again.

Nice run this morning Byll.     Does Tinman get mad at you when you do that? 

I like the early morning light too Walt.   The moon light was all I needed this morning though.  SO pretty!!

~Mary

~unknown

Slo

Holly - forgot to tell you what a great picture that was of your daughter. She looks so much like her mother!

I thought the exact same thing !

Still no running....I'm guessing December at the earliest and even then it probably won't be more than 10 miles a week or so......{{sigh}}

It's been a big weekend for sports.....Between the proffesional sports with the World Series, Football to the NYC Marathon.....Saturday was our states Cross Country meet (My alma mater high school girls team went.   My BIL is the assistant coach) I work with two Dads that had DD's running. One had a State Champ and the other a 5th place finish(only a freshman!)......then a big week in college football and finally last night........Our high school is undefeated and the conference champs. They played thier 2nd game of State Sectionals and now move on to the final playoff game.....with home field advantage ! My town is 28,0000 pop so this is a pretty big deal. Standing room only!

So.....all that and a nickle and you still can't buy a cup of coffee !  Keep up the great running.......what a great bunch of master athletes!

The moon was so bright I saw my shadow -- I never noticed that before (PDR laughed at me when I told her that).

7.1 miles, 1:02:34, 8:50/mi, AHR 143 (73% MHR), including 10 striders

Started Pfitz 24/55 this week -- geez already?  Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

The moon was so bright I saw my shadow -- I never noticed that before 

Does that mean six more weeks of winter?  Wink

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I'm being followed by a moon shadow, moon shadow, moon shadow...

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Morning, gang!

Thanks, Barb - now I'm going to be singing that the rest of the day ;-).

Mary - nice sproinky run with Brinkley!

{{{{Slo}}}}} - you'll be running before you know it.  Hang in there!

Gorgeous sunrise here this morning - 41 degrees with no appreciable wind - IRC for sure.  7.1 miles @ 9:37 and 159 AHR.  I could tell I haven't done my hill course in quite awhile. 

Last night I read a biography written by a former neighbor - she found me on Facebook, and we hadn't seen each other in over 25 years.  Many years ago, when I was in undergrad, we lived next to a blended family with 5 kids.  My parents socialized occasionally with the parents, and the kids (ages 6 to early teens) followed me around like puppy dogs when I would come home from college on weekends.  Turns out my favorite of the kids was sexually abused and beaten by the stepfather.  He apparently terrorized the whole family.   Seems like I should have known something was going on (the stepfather managed to get me alone one night and hit on me at one of their parties, but I never put two-and-two together).   He fit the common pedophile profile - married a divorcee with young girls.  No one ever reported the SOB, but I know what I'd do to him if I ever ran into him again. 

Sorry for the downer, but it kept me awake all night. 

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Marathon Maniac #957

Nice to see Bill and Mary starting us out with some zippy runs. 

Walt – it won’t last long...they can change the clocks, but not the seasons...

Jlynne – I’m so glad you are keeping us updated in little Will.  He is in my thoughts often.

Slo – while it’s a bummer you can’t run, it’s good that you have your other training options to keep you from going crazy.

Sue – sadly, that happens more often than we’d like to believe.

Intervals on the TM day for me:

2.25 mile WU

(1 min. @ 10:00/2 min. @ 8:20)  x  10

1 minute walk

(1 min. @ 7:30/1 min. @ 10:00)  x  5

1.25 mile CD

8 miles total.

Those x-training workouts I’ve been doing have me a’creakin’ and a’groanin’ a bit, sore in some strange spots.  Must be doing some good.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Oh Sue, that's such a heartbreaking story.  But, a lot of criminal types do put up a good cover...please don't beat yourself up about it.  And him hitting on you as a young adult makes him lacivious, but not necessarily a child molester, so I can see why you didn't put 2 & 2 together then.   ((( )))

On a lighter note, 4.75 mi this morning with Renee...she was having digestive issues, so we had to cut the run short. This is a fairly large mileage week for me, but no more really long runs, so I guess I'm approaching taper. Someone warn my family!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

good morning!

wanted to post while I could still say that.  ;-).     so this will be short, as usual, hopes for catch up later.  

thanks for starting us Mary!   We almost could have run together, if you would have given me a head start!     I meant to tell you, yesterday Sadie & I saw a Griffon.   Smile   From  kennel in Kalamazoo.

Slo... were you cleared for cycling?  

33F this morning & a little windy, but over the top gorgeous.   I wore a regular hat for the first time, but missed my brim for a sun deflector.      6.11 miles, 9:48 average pace, 8:44 max.  miles were 10:14, 9:36, 9:42, 9:44, 9:41, & 9.52.

Holly, I wore my arm warmers, thanks.  :-).  

Yes!  Pictures of Will, please!

Sue, that is sad, and I'm sure Holly sees a lot of that--her lawyer does a lot of juvies and there are just way too many unhappy families in the world.

Eliz, thought you'd be crowing about last night's game.  Let's hope Pedro's got one last magnificent outing in him this year!

Another plus about running--got home last night and the nice young man who helped me consolidate my little pensions from various jobs I'd had in the past and asked me for some running advice had left me a note on my door.  He wrote that he was running by and was in the last week of the beginning running schedule I'd given him.  It's so lovely to be able to share in the enthusiasm of a new runner, isn't it? 

................................I think it's time to push him into a 10K plan, don't you think?

We're slated to have some pretty perfect weather this week so I should be able to get out in the sunshine a lot!

grins,

A

ps: Tramps, I haven't seen that movie ("Sugar") but listened to an interview with the couple who made it on NPR and it is definitely on my list.  THanks for the reminder.  [Prolly will take a while to work its way out here.]

Masters 2000 miles

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Dg - we are going to have to meet 1/2 way some time.  Nice run to you.   I am familiar with that guy in Kazoo - he has very nice dogs.   Speaking of which, I nabbed these off of my DD#1's facebook page.   She babysat the "kids" this past weekend:

Brinkley at the top, then B'Nellie and then Huntley with his head in the wood pile.   Hailey is in the pile somewhere as they love to critter hunt.

Then there is my happy Baby B'Nellie:

Now back our regular scheduled running stories .....

~Mary

~unknown