Masters Running

Sunday runs and fun...like dancing all night... (Read 450 times)

Renee the dog

Whew...srl...glad that's all she meant by manly assistance. Surprised When I'm thinking those terms, I'm thinking something else entirely! Well, I'm antsy, so Renee and I are heading out for her evening constitutional. I have my heart rate monitor and garmin on...just going to test the ankle. It feels like a different ankle than this morning, so I want to see how a couple running miles feel. Just 2 if it goes well. Might just be 200' if it doesn't feel so good. Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

20 miles...8:33 pace...maybe I'll get the day off in June to chase Timmy up the hills in Seattle...
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      dg.

thanks!!!! I really am ok. I wasn't sure at the time... I think I startled some walkers. No real damage. It would rather I didn't kneel on it... discovered that when I was gardening earlier. btw... I think gardening is the best post run stretch recovery thing! For me, at least, it's better to keep moving anyway. Range of motion, endorphin replenishment, good stuff. (((Jlynne))) Karin congratulations on your AG first! No surprise... but you're back. Yes Stevep, congratulations on your dance partner. Smile Mary..." best long run in a very, very long time! " Big grin. mud slop & all. Too Much waffletalk! though the plate reference helps.. thanks enke. How are you mom & dad? SRL, how was your smoothie? Holly.. phew! why no nap while waiting for your DS? Did he have fun? hey, hi Gordon!
          Well some Bowie might be better than the ELO that was playing the other night, all night long. Lynden, nice photos of you running in Lynden in NWRunner mag! Sounds like a nice town.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

xor

I had no smoothie. I am a smoothie. And the line did not really work out. Is ok. Ok, maybe I'm NOT a smoothie.

Eugene marathon details here -- twocat's coming to Eugene! And Woods Lady! http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50613 Please email me at irvinrenee at Yah00 if you'd like to join everyone for the Saturday dinner. I think it will be a smaller crowd compared to last year. Thanks!
              dg.

I had no smoothie. I am a smoothie. And the line did not really work out. Is ok. Ok, maybe I'm NOT a smoothie.
                they're not bad but they have an annoying name. If it would have.. really, then it would make you wonder a little, wouldn't it? if you had any degree of seriousness there, ... i'm glad is ok. good. makes me think of Nick the Lounge Lizard.
                dg.

enke... why elo all night long? econo, i'd love to. Smile

Marathon Maniac #3309

20 miles...8:33 pace...maybe I'll get the day off in June to chase Timmy up the hills in Seattle...
                    Hills, what hills...I live in Indiana for goodness sakes...we have no hills. Really, you may show if you have the day off...very cool 7 easy miles today, to finish off a 30 mile weekend...more than I drove, lol Timmy

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

dg. come right over! I have all these pots with dead plants you see . . . take the old stuff out and just toss it in the woods in back. When you are done with that . . . Smile

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

7.87 trail miles in 1:39:15. Again had the forest to myself except for near the near the end. Legs pretty tired from yesterday's climb fest, but made it through. Running buddy, Karen, ended up puking her guts out all night, so I was on my own. Am trying to remember if she breathed on me. . . . Undecided

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

I got in 4 hilly miles with Tazzie and Ladybug before the snow started. Then we got about 2-3 inches. Sad Holly, I don't know how you stay awake in church after getting up at 3:30 and running 20 miles Surprised srl, I love your smooth manly assistance offerings! What a stud muffin! Karin, congrats on 1st in AG! I'm so glad it's only 8 months till Christmas - this snow is making me sing Christmas Carols! [NOT]

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

econo, i'd love to. Smile
                            Hey dg, if you make it to Eugene, I'll fly out for the pre-race Bayshore party. Cool twocat, your gardening is like my gardening Roll eyes
                            busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Hi Spareribs, I'm in North Dallas half the week for the next month...are you far from there? Nice long distance weekend timbo. Actually a lot of 20-mile runs today I see :-) Congrats on the AG win CNY! It must have been hot! I missed a morning run, so had to wait until it cooled off a bit. I went out at before sunset and was having such a great time, my five-miler turned into a 12-miler. My legs feel great and it was fun to just let go and run... had a great 12-miler at sunset as the cold front came in.
                              -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                              also on Twitter
                              Mariposai

well....you better find a way to get the day off...........I envision dancing the night out with you and timbo and sRlopez and tetsujin and francesca and holly and peter and erika and aamos and ilene and anyone else who shows up and then run the marathon the next day...........no hope for PR at the marathon...but a PR of fun for sure. Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard