Masters Running

Weighting Is So Hard (Read 378 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Up a pound this week, grrrrr...

it started with that night at the comedy club, lots of calories from alcohol and some appetizers, and I haven't been able to shake the excess.....

at least we have no plans for food/drink-related outings this weekend...

except we go on vacation next week to West Virginia....

vacations are tough on my waistline...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...isn't

West Virginia where they invented ''Fried Butter''?????

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/paulas-fried-butter-balls-recipe/index.html

Good Luck.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

BlazinCajun

Fried FAT -

Now if you mix ice cream and cream cheese instead of butter & cheese - ummm.

Andrew
        ------------------
        God, my Lord, is my strength;
        he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
        and enables me to go upon the heights.
        Hb 3:19

Marathon Maniac #957

Interestingly, the people who actually tried the recipe gave it a great review...the bad reviews seem to be on untried principle....still, you have to wonder about the kind of people who would choose to make this...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BlazinCajun

Don't think I would be willing to try it the day before a long run

Andrew
            ------------------
            God, my Lord, is my strength;
            he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
            and enables me to go upon the heights.
            Hb 3:19

Deep Fried Butter Balls - I know it just has to be disgustingly good; however, my arteries are clogging just thinking about it.

And on that note - I forgot to weigh in.  But considering the tightness of the waistline of my jeans, I'm guessing I'm still hanging around 147.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Finishing the month where I started, 181.8.
                evanflein

Still at 141... but after a couple scary days at 143 earlier this week, I'll take it. It sure would be easier to lose a few if DH didn't keep saying "I like you with a little more..."

I'd sure like to wear my little pink shorts again. And my nice khaki pants from Ann Taylor... *sigh* I might have to write those off, but they're so nice!!

Erika - I finally gave up this a.m. ever getting back into 4 pairs of pants and loaded them up for The Hub to take to work.  They'll be snatched up in an instant.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Happens every time. I give up on clothes in my closet, bag them up and give them away... then about a week later embark on a successful weightloss plan. It's almost as if the sacrifice has to happen in order for me to become (and stay) motivated to lose weight.

Down another pound this week, plus fitting into more pants. Life is good. Smile

Marathon Maniac #957

Happens every time. I give up on clothes in my closet, bag them up and give them away... then about a week later embark on a successful weightloss plan. It's almost as if the sacrifice has to happen in order for me to become (and stay) motivated to lose weight.

...stuffing clothes into bags and loading up the car....

mrpat

Down a pound this week to 164.

Holly if that works out for you let me know, I can have everything ready to go in a few minutes.

SteveP

Holly!!! What are we gonna do with out you?? I may go through withdrawls.

Maybe I'll loose more if I pack up my Batman shir................

I can't even finish the sentence with out starting to cry.

SteveP

If getting rid of my clothes will help me lose weight, then I'm cleanin' out the closet!

SteveP - Buy a smaller Batman shirt; thus, a reason to lose weight - get back into the shirt.

I spent 4:15 hrs running 16.25 miles on the trails tonight - not a single freaking pound lost.  That, my friends, sucks.

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I think the problem, my friends, is that most of you really don't have much weight to lose. I, on the other hand, have TONS.

Lucky me.