Masters Running

Wednesday Sept. 9 runs and milestones (Read 484 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning Boomers!!!! I passed the 1,000 mile mark today!! Took me until the end of December to get there last year. WooHoo! Out for a brilliant 8 miles this morning. Felt the best I've felt in a very long time going that distance. Very cool outside - low 40's so I dug out the capri's, short sleeve shirt and light weight gloves. Just perfect under the stars so bright. 10:14 avg. pace and 162 avg. heart rate. I'm pretty happy with my pace today: 10:27 / 152 9:59 / 160 10:00 / 164 10:21 / 164 10:22 / 166 10:14 / 164 10:32 / 164 10: 14 / 166 Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Huge congrats Mary on your 1000 miles for the year...super workout too. Glad to see your running going so well Smile Decided to rest my heel and running legs last night and decided to cycle with some roadie buds of mine. We rode 53 miles (as far as we could ride before it got dark) and played a game trying to drop each other. These are some very good cyclists in my area, and I haven't cycled for months so I didn't know what to expect. In short we rode super hard and only 3 of the 15 riders actually got dropped, and I finished 4th from the front. I don't wear my HR monitor running, but cycling I do. My ave pace for the 53 miles was 22.2 MPH (with drafting) with a ave HR of 162 and a max of 186 when I was pushed the hardest...guys wanted to drop the runner, but couldn't Big grin Very good workout and replaced my track workout in good style. Funny, after the ride my heel was totally pain free, and doesn't hurt this morning Confused Must be something about the stretching of the foot while spinning. Hey, Lance Armstrong may ride the Tour De France again next year...probably don't mean much to you guys, but I have a big cycling background and interest in the sport. busiman, MY Marathon is the Indianapolis Monumantal Marathon. Have a great Hump Day all, Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Hopeful – congratulations!!! Adorable picture of your pup yesterday, btw. Tinm - nice workout, and good news about the heel. Yesterday I was sore enough after my run that I sat with an icepack under my thigh for the first hour of work, so I thought it would be smart to x-train today. But…since when do I do the smart thing? Big grin It was IRC (52 degrees) and I was itching to hear the next installment of my audio book, so I suited up and headed out, determined to take it easy and not to look at pace at all. This was the best run I’ve had in months. Not fast at all, mind you, but I finally felt like a runner again. I felt strong, and energetic, not gazelle-like, but that solid, constant I-could-just-keep-going-forever feeling. The hills did not beat me, and I did not stop to walk at any point. (6.1 miles, ave pace 10:22) Today I thought, this is what running is all about for me, these rare moments when it comes together and I feel so alive, so healthy, so strong. A good day. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Super news Holly Smile Tinm - I mean Tim Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

3.4 easy miles for me in near dark last night. I hate that the days are getting shorter. I left at 7:30 PM and it was pitch dark by the time I got home. (For us slower runners, it takes me an hour to run that far with a warm up and cool down walk. Smile) The weather was lovely and I felt good. Later...
              I am so done with Sept 9. Can we start the 10th today please? Tongue Congratulations on your 1K milestone, Mary! Nice run today, too. Good to see you on the road back, holly. Tim? On a bicycle? Now I know this is a weird day. Workout: 8.2 miles, 1:12, 8:49/mi, AHR 142 -- beautiful running weather 62°F and breezy

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Sept. 9th must be like Groundhog Day or something. I had Holly's run today but not nearly as pleasant. 6 miles at recovery pace with some more wind and hawtness. Ike can go away now (though I don't wish any Hurricane on anyone else.) Yesterday's windy mile repeats made today's run a tired one. Tim, nice riding. That is smokin'. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Dave59

Congratulations on the 1000 mile mark Hopeful! I've made that a few times in my career but never this soon. I don't feel like doing anything today. But I got out of bed, hauled the trash and recyclables to the road, and ran 4 easy miles. The run felt great physically. I must just be at a low mental and/or emotional point in my biorhythms. Tongue

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Ooops! Yep, you all are trapped in a time warp today . . . . must be due to that experiment that is going to end the world!! Tongue Congrats on your run Holly! You and I feel the same way today.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Hopeful way to go!! DW decided to let me sleep this morning, didn't even hear an alarm until 6:30 so no chance for me to run today. The 5 hours of sleep were probably more beneficial. On the plus side we got another W on the volleyball court with 4 matches coming up this weekend.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Congratulations Mary!! Nice bike ride Tim!! Did you hear Lance is back? It's funny how hard efforts can make pains go away. Very nice run Holly! I'm still laid up with this dumb leg pain in the calf.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Good morning, all! Mary - congrats on the 1000 miles and the good run! Holly - also congrats on the fine run this morning! {{{{{{{Perch's calf}}}}}} Interesting news about Lance. Wonder if that means he won't be running any marathons in the near future? Sounds like most were enjoying cooler weather (well maybe everyone except Bill) this morning. It was gorgeous here - 53 degrees with negligible humidity. 7.5 easy miles on the track @ 9:41 pace and 152 AHR. Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

King of PhotoShop

I'll go out and walk with the Saint when she comes home from taking Riblet to school. Just wanted to say congrats to that "lazy" Mary for her 1,000 miles, a great year for her. Excellent judgment to cross-train Tinm, what a ride! You still have the touch. Perch, hang in there. I "watched" the Sox game on Yahoo live feed. All excited they came from behind in the 8th, and then in the 9th the Rays did the same thing to them. A tough game. They need the rubber game today. I'm almost finished with "War and Peace" and no DH, I am not reading another Russian novel. Spareribs
                              Interesting news about Lance. Wonder if that means he won't be running any marathons in the near future?
                              I wonder if it means he will finally be caught using illegal performance-boosting drugs, and publicly disgraced? When he retired, I breathed a sigh of relief on his behalf, because he made it all the way through his streak without getting caught. Not that I condone that sort of thing. Now he will be risking his legend. Dark Horse
                              I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

Hill Runner

Good morning all, Mary, you are running very well, keep up the good work. A "copy & paste" run for me again today Big grin 10.17 miles of hills @ 9:13 pace...still warn & humid in this part of the country. There's an interesting article in Runners World this month about running hills..pretty interesting. It also compares some famous hills with their respective grades. Some of the grades really don't seem all that steep but I guess it's just the point in the race where they are located that makes all the difference. Smile Good running to everyone today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13