Masters Running

THURSdaily (Read 37 times)

Cheating - starting us off with 30 minute spin class and one hour Body Pump!! Did a little extra core work after Body Pump as well.

So yesterday at work, I was backing in to an elevator with a wheelchair (empty) and the doors closed on my hips - I felt a jarring pain, right where that hip/labral pain has been. I didn't fill out a report - altho a co-worker was with me when it happened, but wondering if I should? I mean, it's an existing problem that could have been made worse by the doors closing on me -- thoughts?

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

sucks to be in a position where you feel like you've got to "cheat" the system to get something looked at.  But if, for instance, you had a broken arm that was almost healed, and those doors rebroke it, you wouldn't have any delay in reporting it, right?  maybe an existing condition, but what happened, changed it for the worse.  IMHO.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

coastwalker

Mornin' Deeze and Stumpy and everyone else.

Deeze, outside of the time it takes, is there a downside to filing a report about the elevator door? If not, I'd do it as a "just in case."

Wednesday’s workouts:
        Tramps (5 warm morning miles)
        RunnerKSA (2.5 sunny, warm morning miles)
        Dave59 (4 EZ park pond loop miles with no calf problems)
        Pfriese (sweaty 8.5 morning miles)
        Anslo (EZ 3 miles at 10:30am)
        Holly (4.8 morning miles in 60° temps)
        Fatozzig (10 min of stationary bike + 20 min of hip, glute, core work)
        Spacityrunner (sweaty 2.1 morning miles)
        Quickadder (6.1 sweaty pre-dawn miles)
        Rochrunner (couple ‘a miles trail walk)
        Catwhoorg (5 post-work miles)

Seems that summer has slapped most of us hard this week. Hang in - it won’t last just yet.

Glad to see that those racing this weekend have their eyes on the ball, and are appropriately backing off.

Does indeed go by fast, Tammy.

Congrats on the pending local feature, Mike. As Stumpy and Dave said, we can answer the questions for you if you don’t have time, and we can be very creative with our answers!

Travel & race well, Surly Bill!

I went 4.5 EZ RW miles this morning in 66° temps, which is about 15° warmer than I'd like. Guess I'd better get used to it 'cause there'll be days in another couple of months when 66 will be blissfully cool.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Good morning from early and dark San Francisco.   My very expensive hotel room (nice) is literally about the size of the bathroom at the Scottsdale resort where we stayed a few weeks ago.   Barely have floor space for my PT exercises.

3.1 miles along the Embarcadero to ATT Park this morning with some add on in the other direction.  Didn’t need my headlamp because it is pretty well lit.  Lots of homeless folks sleeping along the way.

Leg did fairly OK- lets me run at least.....  Had to get a very early start since we are meeting at 7 am.  Ugh.

2.1 miles after a long day of meetings, so 5.2 for the day.  It was gorgeous out this afternoon- 60 and sunny after being cloudy until mid-afternoon.  Tons of share-scooters and bikes and foldable bikes out on the Embarcadero.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Deez--Just do it!

Looking forward to reading the article on Mike....whoever answers the questions..

20 on the bike, inhaling lots of pollen. Yuck. Mid-90s today, so I guess we'll give the AC a test run.

Go Caps!

BTW, shirts are out already for Tom Wilson (who was suspended for a hit in the last game).

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

Deez -  absolutely fill it out!  Better to be safe, than sorry later. 

Mike - I think that's pretty exciting!   I also think you should be a sponsored runner!

Going to try and leave work at 4 today, get in about a 40 min run and then get ready for my guests 

Tammy

spacityrunner

2.3 hot and sweaty morning miles on the cedar creek trail. I sent my guests off walking while I ran. They are not back yet. Uh oh.

Trails Rock!

I sent my guests off walking while I ran. They are not back yet. Uh oh.

And you want me to come visit you?

Deez -  Make the report.  Just because you had a prior condition doesn't mean the elevators didn't make it worse.

A week or so ago, I did some transcription for an attorney located in San Fran.  Somehow she'd gotten my name a few years back and I did some work for her then.  Anyway - she thinks there's a need for outside transcriptionists for county appointed criminal attorneys and is wiling to assist me with getting my name out there.  Sweet!  I can't rely on just local transcription anymore, since I haven't had hardly any since October.

I can't wait to get outta dodge!  And the weather looks like it's going to be superb this weekend! 

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

It is very easy to get lost in Liz's sprawling neighborhood!  

Weather will be superb from now through the weekend. Looking forward to running 18+ miles that I'm underprepared for   

Tammy

Weather will be superb from now through the weekend. Looking forward to running 18+ miles that I'm underprepared for   

It's just a jaunt in the woods with a bunch of friends and friends you haven't yet met ~~

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

It's just a jaunt in the woods with a bunch of friends and friends you haven't yet met ~~

friends I haven't met yet??  I thought I knew everyone!  

it'll be great!  It's going to be a crazy whirlwind of a weekend. Almost wish I had Monday off to recover! Between the race and being out at the lake all day Saturday, and the big HS competition event on Sunday afternoon and into the evening, I'm going to wish I had Monday as a down day. 

Off to my last sports doc appt. Hoping he'll tell me I've miraculously recovered and go run with wild abandon!

Tammy

.......... Hoping he'll tell me I've miraculously recovered and go run with wild abandon!........

..I think

you just described

every one of us who went to a doc with a running injury......

===============

........but until I get the phone call.......

40-min biking with hills

and

40-min PoolRun with letters

.............Good Running to Ya................it's sort of a Mini-Miracle in itself....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 at lunchtime.

GPS went crazy during the run has me all over the place.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

. . .  PoolRun with letters

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance