Masters Running

Sat June 5th Runs - Workouts - and Racin' - and Rests (Read 720 times)

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

shadowrunner if you hold your breadth during your run then you can just ignore the air quality advisory thing.  That or if you insist on breathing I hope the air improves quickly.

TwoCat:  LOL! I didn't know about the air until I finished the 10 miles.  Also didn't stop me from battling the heat to do yard work either. after all  "the air is the air, what can be done?"  Also if  those banana - choclate chip muffins taste as good as they sound no wonder they are popular.  Your making me hungry...drool!

Holly:  Great job with the race. 

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Tim is MIA ?  Probably found a really slow pretty girl (single) (not that Holly is not) (she is) (I mean good looking not in the heat sense) ( maybe I should just move on ) and is helping her finish. 

Great job Holly!  

3 miles at 82 degrees, nothing special. I did get new shoes today though! I really needed them as my last pair are way over 400 miles and I am starting to feel every pebble in the road.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

…and his car was still there…..to be honest, I’m a little worried about him….hope he made it back in.

Timmy fell in the well!!!!!!!

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Marathon Maniac #957

Spoke to Tim on the phone, he made it home after all.  I'll let him post a report to tell his story.

I heard Tammy did well - great job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Nice running, Holly.....good to know Tim is still with us. H&H + 50k =......hmmm. It wouldn't be pleasant for me.

5 easy, in the evening.

Walt

Timmy fell in the well!!!!!!!

...who knew that Line would catch on???

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

It was 94 degrees in my back yard when I got back from my run of 8 miles.    I chose a route that was "shady" but the heat was still intense.   Those of you doing Ultra's and races...Yikes.    Anyway, it was a nice run and I didn't push much for time just because of the heat.

The under 13:00 minute time in the 5K by Bernard Lagat is definitely a good time.   I am watching a local university kid run and he has the NCAA fastest qualifying 5K time for this year at 13:52:49.   He runs in the Nationals on June 12th at that distance.   He also is in the running (pun intended) for the 10K NCAA Nationals with a qualifying time of 27:08:39.  That is the record I THINK and definitely he was smoking on that run.   His name is Sam Chelanga.   The other day he said he was going out for an easy run.    I have a friend who runs and works as an SID for the University Athletic department.  So he asked what an easy run meant (thinking he would ask to run with him) and his answer was...."Oh...about 5:00 to 6:00 minute miles" was his response.     My friend never bothered to suggest running with him.

Have a great evening and Sunday everyone.   I am off on a short day trip tomorrow.

Joey

Vista
                Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

I heard Tammy did well - great job!

Tammy fell in the well????

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Good evening, gang!

Looks like heat (with and without humidity) is the theme of the day. 

Holly - nice race under lousy racing conditions!!

Twocat - nice to see your post - I'm drooling over the muffins too.  Too bad about the brown bread.

Good to see Avenger Doggie is alive and well!

I can put lawn-mowing on my list of things that bother my foot.  I mowed last night, and I've been ouchy ever since.  I usually do the push-mowing/trimming while DH rides the lawn tractor.   I'll give the string trimmer a shot next time, but I'm through pushing for awhile.  I had to settle for an hour on the stationary bike this morning.  Hopefully with some icing, I'll be able to run a few miles tomorrow.  

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Good to see Avenger Doggie is alive and well!

I fell in the well????

Sniffing Butts, Tag

evanflein

Hope everyone found their way out of the well...

Nice race for you, Holly. Smart way to adjust to the heat out there. Looking forward to the race report... and hearing what happened to Tim!

My son's soccer team is in 2nd in this tournament. So they play tomorrow at 11 a.m. in the semi's, then (if they win), they play at 5 pm for the finals. This means we won't be back on the road for home before 8 pm, and since I won't be driving home as fast as I came down here, we're looking at a 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. arrival time at home. And I have to be at work on Monday. Ugh.

Original plan for my run today was at least 12, maybe 15, at the most 17. Lots of people out on the trail today. Headed to Kincaid Park, then down the Coastal Trail, doubled back to West Chester Lagoon and called DH (at 15.25 miles) saying I was thirsty. He was napping. Hmmm, kept going, texting him my location every now and then. I was hoping he'd come get me, but no response. WTH? So... I ran all the way back. 

21.1 miles, 8:09 avg pace, lots of hilly stuff. Stopped at Point Woronzof (sp?) on the Coastal Trail for a bit to watch planes land. That was so cool! I also stopped at Earthquake Park to read the displays about the Good Friday earthquake from 1964. I always run past that, but today had time to stop and check it out. Very cool, but very buggy so I left pretty quickly. Stopped for water at the athletic club, and then at a hotel so that sure helped. All in all, a really good run, but  more than I was planning on, that's for sure! But I like running in Anchorage, especially when it's not raining! The temps today were about 61°F, but felt humid at 85%.

Good run, Erika!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I love marathon and I love oysters so the Newport Oysterfest Marathon and all-you-can-eat oysterbar at mile 11 and 19 on the out-and-back along scenic Yaquina Bay was a dream come true.

As usual mikemp was the smoothest, most efficient running on the course not even breathing hard, Laura was very strong with a beautiful smile as were tammy and opie right behind but I couldn't get them to stop for some oyster shooters.

I started an hour early at 6:00 am  to be sure there were some oysters left and i wasn't disappointed.  Just as I finished the first round of 100 oysters, carefree and watchless dove came along and, even slowing down with me for two miles, finished with the exactly-the-same split times she wanted.  She ate her first oyster shooter and divechief joined me for a couple too.

PR were set by econo (five minutes), tammy (30 minutes) and laura (20 minutes) while dove's brain served her to get identical splits than any garmin.  

I drove down with divechief from Seattle and practiced on sushi on the way (to say nothing of the wine store stop either).  Sorry to say that when we got at the ocean beachside condo, he realized he'd forgot his running shorts back in Seattle.  good thing it was newport and not a big city marathon the next day.

Opie stayed in the 3-goddess condo thereby breaking my record staying in soundrunner's room at the inaugural Eugene Marathon.  Unfortunately, I only got it when I entered at the last minute and she had to cancel.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Way Kewl Tet. More than once you've inspired me.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

PR were set by econo (five minutes), tammy (30 minutes) and laura (20 minutes) while dove's brain served her to get identical splits than any garmin.  

WooHoo!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."