Masters Running

Wednesday Dec 30 Runs and Rests (Read 481 times)

TammyinGP

2Kitty - we have often said that it's a shame we don't have the $$ to open a restaurant because my husband really a great cook and especially when it comes to marinades or seasonings for meats/grilling. His parents were in the restaurant business for years, so I guess he picked up a few abilities from being around that.  We rarely use recipes, or if we do, it's just to get an idea on basic proportions, and then we improvise. So, it's always fun to come up with new flavors, unfortunately, we can rarely remember what all went into something to exactly duplicate it again.

Tammy

evanflein I just want to say you are out of your cotton picking mind!  Stop to rub ice off your eyelashes!  Have you thought of moving somewhere warm?  Like say North Dakota?  Or heck even Florida? 

............................................boy howdy, have I ever thought about moving to Florida, despite all BQll's comments about H&H.        

Thanks for your advice, all--just 2 peasy miles at really slow pace won't hurt, tho, no?    Besides, I'm thinking about the Miami Marathon.  It's partly in Miami BEACH.  Prolly have to worry about brushing the sand out of your eyelases.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

I've been AWOL so I'm so far out of the loop!  I look forward to seeing how everyone is doing.

Carolyn, DS finished his last two (of 11) college applications yesterday.  Whoo hoo!  I celebrated with a rum and Coke!  One of them is the U of Rochester.  I honestly have no idea where he will end up.  The Amherst coach has been SO encouraging - he really wants DS to run for him.  We'll see!

The cold and wind have been brutal.  I've resorted to the indoor track at the Y this week.  My running partner hates that, so she's been swimming lately, while I run.  Oh, well, at least we get each other out the door!

wildchild

Carolyn

Thanks for your advice, all--just 2 peasy miles at really slow pace won't hurt, tho, no?  

OK, just 2 miles.  But that will leave you at 1799.9 miles for the year. 

I took Tazzie and Ladybug out for a slow 5.3 miles in the snow.  My left leg and right foot hurt today - if they're not better tomorrow I'll just bag my last run of the year - better safe than sorry!  

Nono, do you mean you signed up for 2 marathons on successive weeks?  As in, you're going for MM status with your 2nd and 3rd marathons?

Teresa, nice to see you posting!  I've been thinking about you!  Wouldn't that be cool if your DS and my DD ended up at Rochester? We could run together if we were there at the same time to drop them off or visit them.  And we could run with Craneium! 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

EK... maybe North Carolina instead of North Dakota (I've lived in NoDak... colder than Fairbanks)

Waited til noon to run in upper 30's. 2 miles with Tory and Sadie around the neighborhood then hit the dirt trail for 10 miles at 9:18 pace.  Springsteen on the whole way.  Last night's tribute at the Kennedy Center on TV was really great!

Anybody watch that?

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Aamos.    Hi!   yep, Econo is in china.  Ben went over for Christmas, and is today flying back.  I will be glad to hear he is on the ground in Oregon.   He is indeed a nice kid.  16 now.  He ran the Monster Mash 5K in Eugene with me in Oct. Econo will be back the end of Jan., and we will run a race in Eugene on the 6th of Feb.  if all goes as expected.

Today I went to the bike track I use, and ran about 1.5 slow  miles.  Day after tomorrow is my Morning After Fun Run 5K, so I will not run more until then.   

Tammy in GP, I will probably be at the Pear Blossom race on Apr. 10th.  Hum, is there a 10K associated with it?  Hope you will be there, and I'd love to see Johnny.  Hope that Econo will come too.  Are there other races in your area this spring or summer that are more than 5K, and up to and including 10K?   

Is baby Nate back home?

No, they're still at our place until Friday (only two more days )

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Renee the dog

Nono, do you mean you signed up for 2 marathons on successive weeks?  As in, you're going for MM status with your 2nd and 3rd marathons?

Yep, that's what I mean.   It's all my husband (Bayside)'s fault.  He asked me after Rehoboth if I thought I could run another the next weekend.  I said yes.  He said, "Sign up for the Ocean Drive then..."  I

So, I'm planning to head with the family to VA Beach for the Shamrock Marathon which is March 21 (I may have the date off by a day or so).  Then we'll return home after a couple of vacation days and I can deal with the wind/weather of my home county for the OD the next Sunday.  I've only ever run the 10 miler part of it, but have trained on the entire course.  And, I just found out that my parents' friends' home is literally on the course. How can I not try on my home turf?  With super-personal support at almost Mi 24?   

I'm getting all psyched just thinking about it!  OK, I'd better keep cleaning up this kitchen!  I sure made a mess today. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Hey Teresa! Amherst! Amherst! Amherst!---of course U of R is great too, but Amherst! Amherst! Amherst!

just sayin'

TammyinGP

WoodsLady - as luck would have it, I happen to have my quarterly newsletter from the running club with me at work today and it has the whole race line-up through April.

Here's a few that might interest you:

2/20 Rogue River Run (5K and HM) in Rogue River

3/13 Shamrock Run (5 mile) in Central Point

4/10 Pear Blossom (5K and 10 mi) in Medford

4/24 Bridge the Gap (5K and 10K) in Medford

That's what I know of so far.

You may want to bookmark the running club's website: www.sorunners.org and check back periodically. There's a link on the website for the race calendar.

Tammy

usandtoto-2@msn.com

nonoruns - a couple of years ago I ran the Lower Potomac River Marathon, then the Shamrock and then Ocean Drive (three consecutive weekends).  Although, I really love the Shamrock Marathon, the weather can be a royal pain if the wind is out of the north.  Ditto with Ocean Drive as that marathon is mostly heading north.  Both Lower Potomac and Shamrock have the best after race parties going.  Good luck and have fun.  Let me know if you need any info on the courses.

Happy 32nd Aniversary to RunrWife and me..

I know where you all are coming from wiht the car problems.  I just had new brakes installed, oil change and rear diff oil changed ($870).  ouch..

12 miles for me today with 9.5 miles at 7:25 pace, my hopeful MP for the Fort Collins Old Town Marathon in May.  This is the first week of 18 on the schedule.  All in all a very good run.

Still trying to catch up on all the happenings in here...

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Evenin', Peeps -

Made a vet run this a.m. with 2 of my 6 4-legged hairy creatures.  Our old guy was dehydrated, but that was a given,but also has an upper respiratory infection.  The vet keeps trying to talk us into giving him fluids every other day, but we all hate it - especially Fatso - so we're sticking with the every 3rd day thing.  Cripes, the old guy is almost 20, and although we keep expecting him to go "soon," I have a feeling we only have him around for a few more months.  I want to torture him as little as possible.  Vet said he's one of the oldest cats they're working with right now.

The other guy, Chico (one of our new ones), has a weird chin infection, as well as an upper respiratory infection (which is contagious  amongst cats).  PLUS, he needed his vaccine booster.  PLUS, he needed to be wormed.  PLUS, I needed to get wormer for everyone else.  PLUS, I needed to get more fluids for Fats.  Suffice to say, it was a very expensive morning, but not anywhere near the expense for Mary or you folks with kids applying for college.  I had no idea that a fee went with the applications!

That aside - I had to shorten my strides run this a.m. to 8 miles instead of the usual 10 as I was short on time.  Had a great run with an average of 9:34, which included some hill work, but I feel like I'm fighting a stomach issue.  A couple of people in our office have been a little ill in that regard, so who knows.  So far (knock on wood), everything else has missed our household.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I'm thinking about the Miami Marathon.  It's partly in Miami BEACH. 

grins,

A

Kewl!  Please come down.  I'm running the Miami Half!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Stared at the cinderblock wall tonight during a 6.5 mile treadmill progression, from 8:00 to 6:44 m/m. Walked a 1/2 mile WD.

Taco bell is also now marketing a "five layer burrito:" what happened to the magical "7 layer burrito?" It always angered me that they counted a sprinkling of freeze-dried chives as a layer. So now, eating drive-through tacos lets you lose 50 lbs? Hmmm.

I used to make soft-shelled crab tacos during soft crab season. Mmm-mmm.

Walt

mmm, soft shelled crab tacos. Sounds yummy!

Happy 32nd Aniversary to RunrWife and me..

I saw you trying to sneak that in.

Happy anniversary!  

Say hi to RunrWife for us.  Was it Portland where we met for lunch after the marathon?  That was fun!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com