Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 1.4.18 (Read 47 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

It’s just a little skin cancer, Leslie.  Basal Cell Carcinoma.  Very common and very easy to get rid of.

Unfortunately, the first chunk didn’t get it all so they took another.  And now we wait for those results to come back.

TammyinGP

It’s just a little skin cancer, Leslie.  Basal Cell Carcinoma.  Very common and very easy to get rid of.

Unfortunately, the first chunk didn’t get it all so they took another.  And now we wait for those results to come back.

Is this a MOHS surgery they are doing? That's what my husband had done on his cheek. pretty tedious and long because they are trying to take out as little as possible and still get clean margins, but he has a barely noticeable scar on his cheek now since they don't just slash off a big chunk of skin.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Yep—Mohs surgery.

Erica—I kind of laughed when you talked about the accidents in the “south”.  For you, that covers a lot of ground.

Thanks, Mike.  Prayers for clear margins!

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Although with the gravely, smoker's voice that I've got going, I may see about getting a 2nd job as a 900 "operator."  You can do that while sitting around in your PJ's, right??

Yes, but you will have to tell the callers that you are naked.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Gotta keep up with that damn rabbit. I hate how the pace bunny runs in the morning. I'm behind every morning, maybe just a mile or two, until I catch his furry butt later in the day. 

I may let the bunny get ahead of me this week.  If it doesn't get warmer, I am going to forego my LR.   Just not in the mood to do 14+ miles on a TM.

Mike - I had one of those in the middle of my back a couple of years ago.  The doctor took a 1.5" long, football shaped piece of skin out of my back.  He didn't say anything about not running, but he about had a cow when I mentioned I was supposed to play golf the next day.  Verboten!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

I may let the bunny get ahead of me this week.  If it doesn't get warmer, I am going to forego my LR.   Just not in the mood to do 14+ miles on a TM.

Yeah, well, that's why I've been foregoing long runs for quite some time now. Just not into that much TM time anymore. But I have a hard time being outside for over 2+ hours... just start to get chilled and you really can only go back and forth on the same stretch of plowed bike path or hardpacked neighborhood roads so many times, right? I lose interest when I feel I can't figure out where to go run.

...I have another nominee for ''Line of The Day'' Award..........

============

oh, ps...........

too damn cold

too damn sore

too damn tired

..............er............I meant  ''REST DAY''

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

bioguy

Well school was canceled today due to weather, so after a few chores at home I went to my classroom and got caught up on some grading. Amazing how much I can get accomplished when the students aren't there....

I did not want to tick off drivers so I drove to a trail (paved) and ran 4 miles in tejh snow. Pretty cold and wind chill insingle digits, but the trail is reasonably sheltered so it wasn't bad.

Mike- my wife and brother have been through the same ordeal. Glad you are on top of it.

Tailwinds!

pfriese

Afternoon all, 9 miles running for me today with the middle 6 miles at tempo pace.

You missed one Paul:  pfriese:  Run Fastah

Good catch spacityrunner. I also missed HermosaBoy on Easier Said than Run.

spacityrunner on Pace Cadets

TammyinGp & Quickadder on Modi-5 button

evanflein on Run, sweat, & beers

catwhoorg on Team 2

ileneforward on RnC

HermosaBoy on Easier Said Than Run

C-R on Legs Miserables

pfriese on Run Fastah

Eastern seaboard folks stay safe.

Paul

MTA: Sorry about your experience last year Holly S. Like evanflein, my team this year is totally an RA based team.

MTAx2: And C-R on Legs Miserables

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hi all!!

No run for me since the DGAFAOTH challenge ended on New Years Day!! The gym was open from 4:30-9am before shutting down for the storm, but I just didn't feel like getting up early. Went to church at 9am where it was just the priest, me and 3 guys who work/volunteer at the church. I lector on Thursdays and hate to miss so was glad I went for a very intimate, quick mass - no sermon. I was home by 9:35 and will only venture outside to help a little with shoveling if I have to or to soak in the hot tub!!

MikeE - praying for clear margins with minimal surgery!!

Holly - you are killing me!! First you are telling people to shut up and now telling Leslie to let everyone know she is naked!! What is going on with you girl??!! 

Oh I showed a pic of my face healing today to Robin T and she said it was healing very well!! I'll go see her in a month or so for some laser treatments to help with the scar.

denise

C-R

Wishing the best for you Mike. Cancer sucks!

Sneeze guards for food and kids made me laugh.

Good luck to the folks in the snow band.

I didn't post last night after our club run. Biggest turnout in a while. 20 people in 8 degrees. So did a nice 5 and enjoyed some pizza. Today however, for our hills workout it was just two of us. So we ran 4 miles of hills and did 20 air squats at the bottom of each hill rep. Ugh. But it made me forget it's 5 degrees and a stiff breeze.

I was on the line with one of our company guys in Grand Forks. Looking to do some work at the AFB there. He mentioned that it was -45 wind chill over New Years. I didn't even mention our temps. Seemed like Caribbean weather in comparison.

Off to dinner with the family.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, well this obviously is NOT a "northern tier" base.....closed, but I went in anyway.  Roads were pretty clear and if you gave the car ahead some room and didn't hit the accelerator too hard (and didn't go too fast) it was fine.  So was able to get a fair amount of admin "queep" done.  Ran at lunch.....that was...interesting.  I'm a bit wary since my accident two years ago (fell on black ice) so I took it pretty slow.  The blowing snow didn't help, did two laps and the blowing snow filled my foot prints pretty quickly....even on the quarter mile track.  So I got 5.2 there and after I went back to my apartment went to the little fitness center and got another 4.3 miles on a TM.

Got 2 to 4 inches here, which was enough.  Real problem is that it only partially melted and it's going to re-freeze tonight.  And it's not going to get much above freezing until Sunday....and won't really get fairly warm until Monday.  So the drill weekend could be at risk also.

Have a great night everyone!

Mike E good luck with the new margin test!

Holly S. you have a wicked sense of humor!

We are buried in snow at my house. There was no way anyone was going anywhere today. The trains shut down. They are telling everyone to stay off the roads. Not sure how I would get to the roads seeing as they are not plowed yet. Fortunately we did not lose power. Unfortunately, I decided I still wanted to get in my long run for this week. So I popped in the Lord of the Rings the Two Towers and decided to run on the treadmill from its start to finish. Did you know you can do 20 miles if you do that?  Help! Somebody stop me before I treadmill again.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/