Masters Running

102 oysters (Read 660 times)

xor

Word on the facebook street is that someone ate 102 oysters during the Newport Marathon today.

One hundred and two.

Note that this is one less than the fever of that dude singing "Hot Blooded".

Oysters.

At a marathon.

Spill it, charlie.

And by that, I mean tell the story.  I'm not asking for an oyster refund.

well if it isn't tetsujin, who could it be?  Pretty ummm, disgusting.....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I saw it mid-route and can verify the rumor.

Strangely, this amazing record holder appeared hale, hearty and ever-goofy afterwards.

Mariposai

Thanks for breaking the news to us Srlopez.

I can't wait to read the report.

We have one more proof against him...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

well, I'm with enke, but nice picture Nancy.

hi Econo PRPRPR!!!!!!

& hi Stevie Ray!    :-D

..........this guys must have to GI Tract of an Army Mule...........

..still,

if he tells you he can poop pearls I  would hesitate to invest in the company......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dove

The Dovenator

The rest of the story...

That picture is actually at dinner following the marathon. 102 oyster simply was not enough so Tet had another 10 or so for dinner.

"it's just like having fun, but different"

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

Head Procrastinator

What Ilene saiD!
                    ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                    TammyinGP

Fortunately, the ones on the course weren't that size. And let's not forget the 1/2 bottle of wine he carried with him until he arrived at the oyster station. I mean what's 102 oysters if you can't have a some good wine to go with it?

Tammy

A Saucy Wench

I feel ill.  I dont think I am mature enough to be in here yet if this is what you crazy masters runners do.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Carp, Tammy, you didn't tell me there are oysters on the course!  I would have signed on for that.......wait'll next year.  I can see tet his 102 oysters and better that amount. 

..................never underestimate the seafood appetite of a transplanted New Englander....and ok, ok, I'm originally from Detroit, but my brother was and my nephew is totally awesome fishermen!

Congrats!

A.

Masters 2000 miles
                          xor

..still,

if he tells you he can poop pearls I  would hesitate to invest in the company......

Hahahahaha.

Where is Iron Jon anyway?  I wanna read details.

Maybe he is running another marathon.  The guy is something else and probably could!  When he told me about eating oysters at the party the night before, I thought maybe he meant three or four.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks Robert.  Isn’t Newport one of your half dozen or so PR courses too?

The Yaquina Bay shooters at the Newport Marathon were about 1.5 inches long

while the Pacific Crassostrea gigas in the divechief photo posted by mari is over four inches.

Regarding Facebook, a gal from the regular start passing me around mile 10 asked, “are you barefoot jon?”  When I replied, “yes,” she said she received my message on facebook.  Huh?  Though I once eagerly replied to a facebook invitation to be a certain goddess’s friend, I got out quick andn don't be slow when I found out my private message back wasn’t so private.  The gal said she’d send me a message back to see but nothing yet running barefoot must be getting common enough already to have more than one barefoot jon.  Are you seeing many more bare feet?  (In marathons, not just on beaches like Newport).

OT - any chance for this Friday's Fremont 5K this year?  Barefoot Rick'll be running too.

==================.
                                <<<{{{amy}}}>>> poor oyster lover stuck in the midwest.  My previous first and, until now, only oyster century was during a trip to New Orleans in the middle of five years of college days in Michigan.  If you can come to Newport next year, let’s do our marathons in oysters! Maybe soucie and posie too.   I’ll take the early start again and have the wine ready.

.=================

nice to meet you woods lady/Ma Econo?  Did you get to the finish in time with your super bijin daughter's chocolate milk?  you too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)