Masters Running

Chasing a Rainbow to Boston (Read 546 times)

You are sooooo good, Karin. And I just shake my head when I look at Lou's pictures that he took while you were running. Looked like you were just out for a Monday morning stroll....

Congratulations on a great race!

SteveP

Karin, thank you for the powerful RR. It's well worth the wait. I'm pretty envious of all the fun the RA/KR groups had. How did your pony tail hold up?

SteveP

Mariposai

Ok, I must admit...I cried when I was reading this report. What an example of someone who invest the time to chase after the dream.

I so deeply admire you, my dear Deena Kastor in real life

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

Karin I love your kiddo.  Smile            What an inspiring report.   I love all the details... what a great approach, through the whole process.   You earned every one of those amazing numbers.   

What I really wanted to say is

Karin....I'm so happy for you.  What a great race and what a great RR!

Mental preparation and execution is half the battle and you, my friend, have that nailed down! 

I'm so glad I read your RR this morning as it is just what I need. 

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              BOOM! Ab-so-lutely fantastic, Karin! 

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wow!  congratulations on a great race.  loved your report.  I have been watching your training since wineglass -- consistency pays off big time!

2012= under-goaled

Karin congrats on a awesome race  You are a terrific runner

I'm very surprised that 15 AG ladies were faster

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Just wow!

Following your training and your success is great fun for us mere mortals.  I'm so pleased for you.

Congratulations on a real breakout race!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Holy Cow!  You are so fast!  I am in awe......

You are an icon in my world!!!!

I am also intriqued about the fact that you say you don't use a gps or heart monitor when training.

I am really, really slow and yet am considering buying my first garmin soon.  Any words of wisdom for me

on that?

Great report and keep on chasing that rainbow!

Wow, just Wow.  I knew you had something amazing planned, but this was unreal.  I love the pictures of you with that big grin at 20 -- you made it look easy, even tho I know how hard it must have been.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Renee the dog

I LOVE reading your race reports! (Sorry it took so long to get to it!) 

Super-fine job out there on the course.  You make me want to run Boston!    Congratulations!!!!!!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

I replied to your RR over on KR, but it just needs another ^5 over here! You are an excellent athlete, Karin. The amount of dedication you have for running is just incredible, and your pursuit of your dreams is admirable. You're a role model for us in the true art of a runner. Love the smiles!! How do you do that when you're running like that??

Marathon Maniac #957

I said it before and I'll say it again....

Wow!  Look at that even pacing!  Look at that PACE!  YOU ROCK!  Awesome to see all your extremely hard work pay off - congratulations!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

CNY, a big congrats to the RA Boston champion.  You met your original 3 goals and the added 4th one and had a great time doing it.  Way to go.

TomS