Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 1.13.18 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Friday’s workouts:
    Tramps (5 miles in 62° temps with light drizz)
    Stumpy (sleeping cross-training)
    RunnerKSA (32. Riverside miles)
    Henrun (high-intensity 1 mile morning walk)
    Jlynne (10 min rowing machine + 15 min core & stability)
    Tomwhite (50 min HH with hills)
    C-R (3.1 TM miles)
    Dave59 (4 between-rains park miles)
    Deeze (body pump class + 32. tempo miles)
    Evanflein (7.6 foggy lower Hudson River (NY) miles)
    Holly (2 hrs on the TM + 30 min weights & core)
    Twocat (1 hr on the elliptical in Jackson Hole)
    Falconfixer (EZ 5 light-rain miles in 70° temps)
    Surley Bill (5.3 miles at 8:02 pace)
    Mike (10 torturous TM miles)
    Spacityrunner (EZ 3 sunset miles in windy 37° temps)

Travel well and safely, KSA, Evanflein, and Twocat.

We’re leaving this morning for an overnight visit with family in NY. Lots of rain this morning, so just 25 min of stretching and core work.

Have a greta Saturday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Have a good trip and visit, Jay.

2 miles on the aforesaid Hampton treadmill at 4:20 am.  Treadmill was decent but the small exercise room was warm and stuffy.  Fingers crossed that I get home today.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

mrrun

Jay - have a good trip & KSA - good luck getting home.

went out for 4 miles after rains stopped and before deep freeze.

Spring training has started - lots of Boston runners in marathon gear, water stops, cheering, etc.

have a great w/e everyone either traveling or staycations!

marj

Henrun

Jay - have a good trip & KSA - good luck getting home.

went out for 4 miles after rains stopped and before deep freeze.

Spring training has started - lots of Boston runners in marathon gear, water stops, cheering, etc.

have a great w/e everyone either traveling or staycations!

marj

She stole my words. Guess we’re related. Only 2.4 for me.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Wishing I could still run up-and-down the big mountains ala Tammy and Wildchild instead of being reduced to early morning one+one mile rt to correct bus for another try at senior aquafit before lunch at local Swedish deli with cousin up here from Florida.

Speaking of Wildchild, today’s Bing.com photo-image quiz asks where Wolf Creek Pass is and, in the second of the three regular questions on the image-of-the-day, I found out that the Continental Divide starts at the Bering Sea where I’ve spent many a day (and night) getting tossed around in stormy seas in those days so I’ll have to check where it is.
            I’ve been to Central Park too but didn’t know the answer to another recent question on a 3,500 year old, 200' obelisk I somehow missed.  Maybe I’ll have to go back to New York to see it sometime again, . . . but I doubt it so someone please do it for me and post a photo of it.  <<<(erika)>>>?

Have a great weekend running, flying, waiting, and even walking (oh, that’s just me).

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

I woke up early today. Winter storm Dud left us a dusting of snow so it turns out that I got my shovel out of storage for nothing. Poor thing hasn't been used in 2 years.

After some coffee and a bit of reading I decided to go to the gym and run a few on the treadmill. I told Cindy I was going and she mentioned something about going to a seminar in Huntington. I drove to the gym and started on the TM all the while having this nagging thought that I should drive Cindy to the seminar. Her vision is still cloudy from cataract surgery on Thursday. I stopped after a mile to call and ask he if she'd like a ride and she said yes. I hopped in the car and buzzed home.

I took a few minutes at home to switch from shorts to winter gear. I dropped Cindy off downtown and then headed over to a park and ran another 3.14 miles. It was 18° and cloudy. It didn't feel that cold though and I had a good run.

bioguy

Really nice 7 miler today. Temps dropped greatly from yesterdays 62 degrees. Today was right around freezing with very strong winds. Started getting pelted with some snow a mile in, but overall I felt great being out. Supposed to be really cold and windy tomorrow. I need to get out early as we are going out to lunch and meeting my son's fiance's mom and sisters for the first time.

Tailwinds!

Ummmmm Jay - I ran 3.2 not 32. tempo miles yesterday!! 

No run, but when I stepped out of my house for church this morning I really wish I had gotten up earlier!! It was in the 50's and is supposed to drop down into the 20's later today.

Instead, I helped set up for a ladies mass and morning talk, went to adoration, then my friend's funeral mass -- they are having a celebration of life this afternoon, but I needed to get home to my mil. I really think she is getting dementia as well. The conversations are so repetitive and are actually painful. We really need to figure out something for her and get her to agree to sell her house.

Have a good Saturday my friends.

denise

Thanks all.  On plane about to take off for Nashville.

Thanks all.  On plane about to take off for Nashville.

...Interstates are clear,

and only problem has been merging and exit ramps,,,,,,,,,,,,,side streets are still slick as of 1100

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly (2 hrs on the TM + 30 min weights & core)

I have no idea why my fingers wrote that - it was actually 2 MILES on the TM, not 2 hours.  Brain freeze.

Get home safe KSA.

I bit down on something hard this morning and felt my back tooth/dental implant shift.  Crap.  I've broken my implant.  I am crushed.  I spent a ridiculous amount for bone grafting and 3 dental implants so I could have back teeth two years ago (okay, it ended up costing WAY more than I thought it would when I set out, because of how much bone grafting was needed).  I borrowed the money from my dad, and have been paying monthly on it since.  I can't justify to my DH spending even MORE money on my teeth, although frankly if I was not married I wouldn't flinch at spending to keep teeth in my mouth, at least a few.  I wore a partial denture for several years before getting the implants, and unless you have done so, you cannot know how much pleasure it robs from your eating experience.  (sigh)  I know in the grand scheme of things this is a minor problem, but my teeth have been a battleground for most of my adult life, and I am losing the war.

Our best friends are coming to our house tonight to cook us a gourmet meal (this was their Christmas present to us, which I think is very cool).  However, I will cut my food into very small bites and chew gently on one side.  The side with the bridge whose anchor teeth don't have deep roots, so I am told to be careful with hard foods.  (sigh)

Okay, I will stop whining now. Thanks for letting me vent.

5 miles on the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Quickadder

Just above freezing here and a wind chill below freezing. Usual Saturday morning group run and I ‘volunteered’ to run with someone that had a 17 on her Boston Marathon training schedule. Tacked a couple extra at the end to finish with 19 miles at 9:41 average.

Took DW to various medical appointments Thursday, mainly follow ups to her recent hospitalization for pneumonia. She tripped over something imaginary as we walked out through the waiting room and ended up in a heap on the floor. Didn’t think much about it at the time but as the day went on her foot hurt more and more. Went to urgent care yesterday and they x-rated it and found she has a fractured 5th metatarsal, so she now has a surgical boot and crutches and I’m waiting on her hand & foot (or should that just be foot?).

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Holly- I’m so sorry about your dental issues.  I wonder if since it’s only been 2 years if they would work a good deal for you to fix this problem.  I would try.

Quickladder-  sorry your wife fell and broke her foot.  I’ve been hearing a lot of broken feet situations lately it seems.

catwhoorg

Labrat

7 miles for me this morning

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, rare to have a mid morning run that gets cooler while you are out there.....and today was one of those rare days.  Nice run though, went long.  16.22 miles in some wind, took 2:16:50.  Temps in the low 50s at the start and in the mid 40s by the finish.  Will get into the 20s tonight.  Learned something about the Vivoactive 3.  It tracks things like steps, stairs climbed, etc.  When I hit my step goal (took over 11 miles??!!) it notified me of the goal.  What I didn't know is it paused my activity tracker.  Noticed that 2+ miles later.  No biggie, I had my Forerunner 220 on so got all the tracking info for the run.  No touristy stuff this weekend, the "shortest" route to Hatteras is temporarily closed for a drawbridge repair.  Should be back open whenever DW gets here.

RunnerKSA, don't blame you.  Only been out there twice, but not a fan of Ontario or the area around March ARB.  During the two, 5 day TDYs I spent out there I ran on base.  I know you're in the air, so hope there are no issues!

Coastwalker, safe travels!

mrrun, that's my concern for tomorrow.  Luckily the sun has come out so hopefully it will dry before the freeze.  My psyche hasn't fully recovered from any possibility of black ice yet.

bioguy, have a good lunch with the future in-law family.

deez, prayers continuing (for all situations).

Holly, ouch!  Never a good time for that but early on a weekend.....I hope your plan for the dinner works out tonight.

Quickadder, nice job on the 19!  Gotta love cooler temps (at least I do).  I hope your DW recovers quickly.

Have a great day everyone!