Masters Running

Friday, May 7 Runs and Smiles (Read 592 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

4.55 recovery-ish miles with CNYRunner today in 52° (ave pace 9:51).   We had SUCH a nice time, chattering as we went – my time with her always flies by and is finished before I’m ready for it to end.  Core and upper body exercises at home afterward.

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Nice run Holly.  Color me jealous!

3.5 recovery miles for me too at 9:45 pace.  Saving my energy for tomorrow's LR in the warm weather.  Time to pull out the Fuel Belt for the season.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Holly - it also flies by because you two run so fast!   Big grin    It is so nice that you two can run together.

Nice recovery run for you too Byll.  Good luck tomorrow.   You can think of me during your run.   It is only suppose to be in the low 40's, possible rain, and I'll be outside with 11 other crazy people learning how to ride a motorcyle.  Where did spring go??

I had very good intentions of running after work last night, but came home to this:

They wanted to play, so that is what we did most of the night - even in the house too.    Later on they were pooped out:

So, I did puppy crosstraining.   Afterall, I only have them for one more week! 

Happy Friday!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh Mary - they are so cute!  Your little cows are growing up.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mary, the doggies are soo cute. I showed the early pics to my Mary and she loved them. Probably a mistake though - just makes her beg for a dog more!

Holly, it's cool you get to run with fellow RAers. I actually get to run with the all-powerful Eric Smile pretty frequently since he's in my running club. Well, actually, I only get to run with him for a few minutes until he leaves me in the dust. 

Enkie - Spaniel is very wise in addition to being fast. My goal is to get faster. More intervals and tempo work will be part of it but consistently getting lots more easy miles in is the biggest thing I gotta do.

Just hit the weights this morning. I'll dodge some showers for 5 miles later today. I'll have a nice easy jog tomorrow morning and then I have a 5K on Mother's Day - trying to break 23:00.

Have a great weekend everyone - especially all you Moms!!

Slo

Fantastic pictures Mary......Looks like they wanted to play.

Thunder Boomers here this morning. I can always use an excuse to stay in bed.

Keeping my fingers crossed....Our current residence is getting it's FHA apprasial this morning.

Run people Run !

Dave59

Rest day yesterday.  5 miles at half marathon pace today.  I skipped the warm-up and cool-down so I could get back to work sooner. 

I'd like to be able to run with someone else once and a while.  I can bet the time would go by faster.

Great dog pics.  I love dogs and had one for years.  I may change my mind, but I don't really want to have another one.  There is something dehumanizing about following her/him around on a lease, cleaning up their stuff with little plastic bags.      Who is really the one in charge?

Morning, gang!

Holly - nice run with Karin this morning!

Mary - ooooh!  Those puppy pictures are awesome - what a bunch of cuties!

George - best of luck for breaking 23:00!!

SLO - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well!

dg - I have a brand new roll of duct tape, and I'm looking for an excuse to visit Michigan ;-).

Life, work, etc. have been getting in the way.  New job responsibilities have put a wrench in my reading and posting - I have so much to catch up on.  I hope to do better in the future.  I was out in Carolyn's part of the country over the weekend - visiting my aunt, uncle and assorted cousins. My aunt ruptured an aortic aneurysm on the night I arrived and passed away the following morning.  She lived long enough to say goodbye to most of the kids and grandkids, but, as you can imagine, it was a shock for everyone.  Not the kind of visit I had envisioned.   It's a wake up call for me - either quit my job or put my heart back into it.   Life is too short to be miserable.

Post-Boston, I'm taking a break from all running to let my foot finally heal.  I am keeping up with the elliptical (75 minutes this morning), yoga and strength training, so the weight loss continues (yeah!).   DH is doing the Salmon River Run (5.5 mile road/trail race) tomorrow morning, and I volunteered to work race registration and finish line.  Unfortunately, the weather is looking poopy for tomorrow. 

Good runs all! 

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

dg.

Well did we notice that Slo told me to run?   Hmmmm?

figures, as only walking today.   a rest day.  

Good luck on your appraisal!

Trent, good luck on everything!!

good morning Smile

Mary they are so cute.   Very good use of time.       Good luck with the kitties.   It might work out... my brother 'tamed' a cat that hung around his store, it took a long time to gain it's (his, I think) trust, but he ended up being a wonderful pet.  

Carolyn, I'm still working on the menu.   are you a big fan of tofu?

glad if I inspired a walk break the other day.  -).    ... you have been dealing with this (leg thing. see, I'm learning) for a long time!    Patience... I have no answers.   I am very bad at it, no matter how hard I try.

Scotland??   yay!

Where's Nono?

mta, having scrolled up, Hi Sue!      We missed you.  I'm so sorry about your aunt.   Good luck to your DH tomorrow, I will fax you some better weather.       I hate to say this, but are you sure that that much time on your foot, even on the elliptical, isn't maybe a little too much?   can you pool-run?  

...heh.   Ok.   I'll add you to the list.   so far we have Carolyn, Leslie, I think maybe Mary because she made a face at me yesterday.   we'll have such a good time.   Big grin

Mariposai

dg, you get a butterfly hug when you rest...so........here it is.

Ribs, you live in Texas, you must have a lazo or two around your house. Please FedEx one for me overnight so I can fly back east to tie twocat on his fance post while the miss goes out to run her 10k race. . Geeshh. I should have ask for way more money for coaching than I did.

Resting today, but last night a had a very interesting "House" type night in the ER room. It kept my brain active to say the least.

Tomorrow a 5k for my wings, which I am running with two friend. Goal...run with them...Finish at around 35'

Trent...my heart is with you and your family and neighbors.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg, you get a butterfly hug when you rest...so........here it is.

Ribs, you live in Texas, you must have a lazo or two around your house. Please FedEx one for me overnight so I can fly back east to tie twocat on his fance post while the miss goes out to run her 10k race. . Geeshh. I should have ask for way more money for coaching than I did.

Resting today, but last night a had a very interesting "House" type night in the ER room. It kept my brain active to say the least.

Tomorrow a 5k for my wings, which I am running with two friend. Goal...run with them...Finish at around 35'

Trent...my heart is with you and your family and neighbors.f

Mariposai- All Ribs money for shipping is currently being used by the x-ray department, maybe he can Fed Ex next month.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Why Dave, the dog of course!!  Wink

Hi Sue!!   We have missed you!    So sorry about your Aunt.

I can't help but giggle at Deb giving Sue advise on not over doing it!!  Big grin    I still thing the cats are out on the property and I have not got that "sinking" feeling yet.   Forever hopeful I guess.    YOU take it easy today!

Good luch today Slo - my fingers are crossed too (and so are my legs!).

Have fun tomorrow Butterfly lady!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I love the concept: "puppy cross-training."  I want to do that too!
                            Masters 2000 miles
                            wildchild

Carolyn

Mariposai- All Ribs money for shipping is currently being used by the x-ray department, maybe he can Fed Ex next month.

Thanks for the laugh, Craneium!

And Mary, thanks for the puppy pictures!  

So let me get this straight - Holly and Karin got to run together two days in a row,  and Deb, Sue, Leslie, and I (and maybe Mary) are getting together to eat tofu and duct tape each other to chairs?    (actually it sounds like fun, Deb! But I'd much rather meet for a run.) 

Sue, we missed you!  Sorry to hear about your aunt.  See you at Deb's?  

This morning it was 19° and we had another couple of inches of fresh snow.  But the sun is shining and the sky is that deep Colorado blue, and I'm planning a RAL.  

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Head Procrastinator

Glad I popped in, those puppy pics made my day Smile
                                ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats