Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Saturday August 2nd (Read 509 times)

Hello? Also, nice use of brackets and ellipses on your signature line, JK. Roll eyes
    Well I didn't ask you because you'll like that you're in it. Mostly because you're Tanya-ing JK while the monkeys watch.

Oh Mighty Wing

tell your sister you can't go camping till Saturday afternoon. That would allow you to grace me with your presence in the morning and then party it up birthday style in the afternoon... AND it would give you a GREAT excuse to eat Smores by the campfire....mmmmmm
        Did I not mention she's also set on camping Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday night? Roll eyes This weekend blows. Camping with 12 year olds. She is so much like me. I never wanted to do anything cool when I was 12 either...I just wanted to swim and play in the dirt and eat smores too. I keep whispering thoughts of Laser tag in her ear though...I have 3 more days to make her change her mind and think it was her idea.

Oh Mighty Wing

hahaha I was a tom-boy until I was... oh wait I'm still a tom-boy... Actually I like to camp! Dh and I went to Aiken, South Carolina for a week and we camped all but 1 night we were down there. We tent camp, yes we have an air mattress. It was freakin hot too. 90's the whole week. We got really lucky and smart though. All the sites we stayed in had electric hook-ups so we bought a small fan and kept it in the tent. This was imperative as there was NO BREEZE! Oh and i got bit by something that made the back of my thigh (yes the whole back thigh) swell, get warm, turn red, and itch/burn. so yeah camping!!
            I love camping. Just not with 12 year olds Wink I tent camp too. That sucks about your leg. Sunday on a bike ride a bee flew behind my sunglasses and got trapped and I was swerving all over the road trying to get it out. It stung me in the forehead but fortunately i'm not allergic so you really can't tell I even got stung.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What is meant by the term, "tent camp"?
                Are you suggesting that the word "tent" is redundant or is this a GETM setup? Wink

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

S&M Collector

OK, I'll step up on this. I suppose there is another type of camping, wouldn't you say......that being in an RV? For example.......The times I've went to Bonnaroo, I've "tent camped," yet the elitist pricks have motor homes with water hook-ups and air conditioning. But, is camping in a field at a farmstead with 75000 other people really "camping"? Prolly not. I'm guessing Jeff is tent camping this weekend.
                  Come across any cool medals lately?
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No, for real. RVing is not camping. I would imagine that "tent camping" is distinguished from camping under the stars
                      No, for real. RVing is not camping. I would imagine that "tent camping" is distinguished from camping under the stars
                      Spoken like a boy scout.

S&M Collector

I suppse you're correct, as usual. I don't know much about the whole camping thing. I'd much prefer a hotel room with random stuff like a coffee pot and wireless.
                        Come across any cool medals lately?
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eagle, BSA 30, Louisville KY, 1987. But that is not where I learned to camp
                            OK, I'll step up on this. I suppose there is another type of camping, wouldn't you say......that being in an RV?
                            That was my line of thinking. Camping is big in our family. Every Labor and Memorial day, we organize a family campout and we usually end up with about 25-30 folks showing up. The last couple of years, many have migrated into cabins and are always pushing early for reservations at places so they can make sure to get a cabin. I call this "camping". I think RVs fall into this same category of camping in quotes.

Good point. While I totally get this explanation - coming from an Eagle Scout, I didn't think it would apply to most people. My son just earned his Wilderness Survival merit badge which involved a night of camping under the stars. I was/am very proud of him (and all of his bug bites).

Eagle, BSA 30, Louisville KY, 1987. But that is not where I learned to camp
                                I'll bite. Where did you learn to camp?