Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

complaint (Read 985 times)

The Thunder

The Thunder is wise.
    I never get tired of hearing/seeing you say that.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Are you going to be at the Strider's run tomorrow? Runlizzy will be making her 09 Strider's run debut! She's just going to do the first 13 though. No matter how much she whines and cries.
      I'll be there, but only doing 16...I bet Liz will win the 13-mile Training Race!

The Thunder

I'll be there, but only doing 16...I bet Liz will win the 13-mile Training Race!
        No way Jose! She has learned from The Thunder that training races do not = good racing races! She's be on cruise control at around 9 min pace...or slower. At least she better be! Evil grin

Oh Mighty Wing

i have to say it's hard to slow down in a group - well I mean slow down when you know you should - so hard to NOT keep up with the group even if you know you can. I went for a group run on wednesday with the "slower" ladies. Who started out busting 8:45-9. And it felt good - but half a mile in I was like - no Shan you MUST slow down... it's not worth it for a training run... let em go and save it for Saturday. So I did... back down to 10:20's or so... by myself - AGAIN... every time I run with the groups from the running store I end up running by myself... It's hard to do that because I feel like how am I ever going to get to know the runners around here if I can't run with them???? MTA: Nashville needs to be closer to WC!
            No way Jose! She has learned from The Thunder that training races do not = good racing races! She's be on cruise control at around 9 min pace...or slower.
            Relax, The Thunder. What I meant was that, since she's running 13 and most will be running 21 (or whatever it is), SHE will win the 13-mile run. Why, just 2 weeks ago, I won the 15-mile Training Race at a 9:15 pace because everyone else ran 18. I WON!! I WON!!

Lazy idiot

Complaint: yesterday, when everyone else in the office was out watching basketball games and having fun, I was stuck preparing/binding presentations for later in the afternoon. Today, I'm ready to watch basketball and drink beer, and nobody is here to share in the festivities. If I leave now I can watch the late games with you guys.

Tick tock

The Thunder

Relax, The Thunder. What I meant was that, since she's running 13 and most will be running 21 (or whatever it is), SHE will win the 13-mile run. Why, just 2 weeks ago, I won the 15-mile Training Race at a 9:15 pace because everyone else ran 18. I WON!! I WON!!
                You winner you. You and Liz should enjoy each other's company tomorrow. I know she's a big fan of yours for some reason. Shan, I try not to run with the local running store folks around my area. It's like banging your head into a wall. I joined this for an 8 mile 1/2 marathon training run a few weeks back and it was a total joke. I started off at about 8 min pace and about 3/4 of the people were in front of me. Well since I didn't know any of these people (I don't hang out w/ people in Murfreesboro much) I felt the 'top dog' syndrome kicking in and I had to pick up the pace. I couldn't let these local chumps be the training run hero! Not in my neighborhood. So I catch up to the two lead guys, who are ripping of 6:50ish miles, and start talking to them. They are both training for the 1/2 marathon and the faster of the two has a 1/2 PR of 1:30. Are you serious?! This is what I'm thinking. They each run about 3 days a week, and always hammer. They were like, "Wow you've run a 3:07 marathon, sorry we're running so slow!" I explained as nicely as I could that their training was a joke and that I usually run about 7:45 pace. Idiots. I haven't been back since.

Oh Mighty Wing

that makes me feel SOOOO much better!!!! Most of the people from my store at 5K, 10K people. Some of them might occassionally do a marathon - maybe Philly... but that's it. So we really aren't quite training for the same things. I go out on Saturday too and they are going to run "medium longish" you know about an hour... I mean really??? REALLY?? I'd love to get to know more runners (and by runners I mean like us) in the area, but I don't know how to find them... MTA: I don't tell them what I'm training for when they ask because the one time I tried out my game-plan their eyes instantly glossed over.

Why is it sideways?

Complaint: yesterday, when everyone else in the office was out watching basketball games and having fun, I was stuck preparing/binding presentations for later in the afternoon. Today, I'm ready to watch basketball and drink beer, and nobody is here to share in the festivities. If I leave now I can watch the late games with you guys.
                    Sounds like fun, but I have a philosophy party tonight. Sorry dude.

Why is it sideways?

The Thunder is persnickety about his training partners.

The Thunder

The Thunder is persnickety about his training partners.
                        Very persnickety indeed. The Thunder's favorite training partner is The Andrew. Followed closely by The Hippie.

Lazy idiot

Sounds like fun, but I have a philosophy party tonight. Sorry dude.
                          Fuck. Have fun twirling your fingers through your hair and mustaches as you discuss metaphysics and stuff. Big grin

Tick tock

She needs a little rest and needs to up her caloric intake. Duh.
                            What did you not understand about me devouring almost an entire pizza?

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Today - I have NOTHING to complain about!!! haha not that any of my complaints are really complaints - they are normallly just musings of stupidity... BUT... I wanted to share this musing of non-stupidity... Last night the professor who was reviewing my grad portfolio emailed me with her submission to the university... I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH I HAVE MY MASTERS!!!!! Now i'm just waiting on the little sheet to hang on my wall!!! SWEET!!! I'm gonna celebrate by racing - WOOOOOHHHOOOOOO!!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin
                              SO you are now the Master Of Your Domain...
                              i have to say it's hard to slow down in a group - well I mean slow down when you know you should - so hard to NOT keep up with the group even if you know you can. I went for a group run on wednesday with the "slower" ladies. Who started out busting 8:45-9. And it felt good - but half a mile in I was like - no Shan you MUST slow down... it's not worth it for a training run... let em go and save it for Saturday. So I did... back down to 10:20's or so... by myself - AGAIN... every time I run with the groups from the running store I end up running by myself... It's hard to do that because I feel like how am I ever going to get to know the runners around here if I can't run with them???? MTA: Nashville needs to be closer to WC!
                              You need to come up and run in Milford.
                              that makes me feel SOOOO much better!!!! Most of the people from my store at 5K, 10K people. Some of them might occassionally do a marathon - maybe Philly... but that's it. So we really aren't quite training for the same things. I go out on Saturday too and they are going to run "medium longish" you know about an hour... I mean really??? REALLY?? I'd love to get to know more runners (and by runners I mean like us) in the area, but I don't know how to find them... MTA: I don't tell them what I'm training for when they ask because the one time I tried out my game-plan their eyes instantly glossed over.
                              Seriously. You NEED to come up and run in Milford. One of my group does a marathon every 2 months or so, another is training for the MORE NY, the rest planning for Philly 10 miler and various 1/2s, but also do 5Ks and 4 milers and 10ks along the way. No pods allowed, 3 separate paces, etc. It's a great group to run with. They are not all as knowledgeable as I when I comes to training, but then again they have not served their time as interns in the Great Swamp nor the MiniSwamp. Perhaps together we can edumacate them,
                                I got the CMM email encouraging me to print my confirmation card. So, I tried to pull up my confirmation card. Got an error message that Elite Racing cannot confirm my registration. Double checked that Elite Racing took the money from my checking account back in early March. So I click on the Elite Racing Customer Service Link and email them my problem. Bounce Back. What the hell.