Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I ran. (Read 306 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Candice - I only asked because I don't know. And I remember you mentioned your coach was not a fan of the idea. Like Jeff I agree you need to listen to your body. I also think you should tell the rest of us to shut the hell up if you need to! Only you know how far you can push yourself.
      In my opinion, you had something of a peak around the time you ran that 15k and the half marathon. You're coming down off of that peak, and the injuries and sickness are ways that your body is telling you that you need to recover. You can either fight that process and prolong it indefinitely or let it happen get it over with, get healthy, and start training again. Also: don't get me wrong. I think it's possible to run the monkey as part of the cycle of recovery. Just don't listen to anyone that says you're ready to go 3:15 or whatever. Learn the discipline: listen to your body.
      Everything you just said is spot on..I think I peaked, and I think it's over. For right now. And 3:15? At the Monkey? hahahahahaha....don't worry. I'm not listening to that BS. I'm just gonna run Monkey. Just run it....and it will be what it will be. I'm listening to my body. My calves say ok. And when my toe tells me "No more than 6 miles today..." FINE. I'd like to get a 20 in before Monkey, just for my mental health sake...but that might not happen, and i'll be fine with it if it doesn't. Then im gonna rest...and after I rest, ill put all I have into Boston training.

The Thunder

Hey Candice, just FYI....I'm not even THINKING about putting in a 20 miler before the monkey. Fuck that shit. I'll be lucky to get in a 16 miler. Course, I'm looking at around an 80 mile week this week....but who's counting? Wink

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Well Thunder... you just ran a marathon a couple weeks ago. The same day I ran my last "long" run...if you can call it that. It was so broken up that i'm not sure I can even consider it...I mean sure, I got 19 miles in, or more, but there was some stretching after the 13, a car ride to mile 20, and about 20 minutes of waiting around. Two weeks before that I did an 18 miler, and two weeks before that was Kroger to Kroger, which I was pretty consistent with the long runs before that. I think I started training too early (with the long runs), which was a mistake...because I followed the Striders training runs which are really geared toward an early October marathon. I think I need a 20 miler, not that i'll gain anything from it... but I don't think that you do. You're able to keep your mileage higher than I am. I tried for high mileage last week and my body failed. I know that I wont be able to do much more than 40-50 mpw these next two weeks before the race because im afraid to...but you will. So it'll all equal out if I do a long run. FYI...CP is going to ride beside me on his bike lol This was a better idea when I had actually planned to attempt to run well. Any thoughts of running well at the Monkey are out for me, Im pretty sure.

The Greatest of All Time

Hey Candice, just FYI....I'm not even THINKING about putting in a 20 miler before the monkey. Fuck that shit. I'll be lucky to get in a 16 miler.
            You and me both. I would like to run about 2 hours this Saturday. We'll see.
            In my opinion, you had something of a peak around the time you ran that 15k and the half marathon. You're coming down off of that peak, and the injuries and sickness are ways that your body is telling you that you need to recover.
            +1 Candice. Seriously you're being pretty mental about this. Can't you cross train or something?
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
              I can cross train. If this were a marathon I cared about. Nobody really gets that I just NEED to run right now. I need it.

The Greatest of All Time

I can cross train. If this were a marathon I cared about. Nobody really gets that I just NEED to run right now. I need it.
                I understand. You're smart but being mental about this. You do not want to run yourself right into a serious injury that completely prevents you from running for some time. How would you like to go through what Jeff or me did? Be smart Candice. Go swim or ride a bike if you have some energy you need to burn off. Since Monkey is not a serious deal you need to get to the starting line healthy. That's what I am doing by taking some time off right now. I am not going to train myself into another serious injury for that race. Fuck Trent. Tongue
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

The Thunder

Well Thunder... TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK TWEEK....
                  Um...okay. Whatever. Run, I'm just saying you don't need a "Long Run" of 20 miles. Chill the F out.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

If i'm not hurting when i'm running, then i'm fine. And i'm not hurting. I'm gonna run. Fuck you guys. And i'm not tweaking. I don't even care. I just wanna run 20 miles. Let me fucking run 20 miles if I want. Damn. Roll eyes

Why is it sideways?

Idiot. Wink
                        Jeff is my only true friend in this cruel, cruel swamp.

If you're honestly not hurting, then try it out. I'd recommend a really flat course (Shelby Bottoms Greenway?) and a totally slow-ass pace. The psychological aspects of it will outweigh the physical, but if you're tweaking, that may be more beneficial anyway. mta: I mean tweaking over life in general and needing to run. Not tweaking over the stupid Monkey.

Why is it sideways?

Sometimes you gotta serve the running and sometimes the running's got to serve you. The dumbest thing from the one perspective is sometimes the most intellignet thing from the other. I think that's the point here. mta: see tanya's mta

Why is it sideways?

I like this.
                                Explain me this, Tanya: how and when did I become a culture warrior?