RA Coaching Forum

Bonkin's Marathon Training (Read 1078 times)

Ughhhhhh sorry to hear about your left leg Sad Congrats to your wife on finishing her first 5k! WTG! Hopefully you'll get your leg taken care of and you'll be stronger then ever! Good luck hun! Oh and THE STICK IS AWESOME!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Thanks, Pam. She has only been running again for 5 weeks and is still nursing a tender ankle/arch. She did NOT like little kids and 70 year old people beating her so I think the race will motivate her to run even more - so that is a good thing!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

WOW only back 5 weeks and did a 5k, AWESOME! Next thing ya know you guys will be doing races together!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WOW only back 5 weeks and did a 5k, AWESOME! Next thing ya know you guys will be doing races together!
          We shall see. She is still going through the "I'll never run 5-6 miles" phase. I give her a month or two before she's doing 6 mile runs. And then in October, is the Vineyard Run - which serves wine for the after run beverage. If that doesn't hook her, I don't know what else will.

We shall see. She is still going through the "I'll never run 5-6 miles" phase. I give her a month or two before she's doing 6 mile runs. And then in October, is the Vineyard Run - which serves wine for the after run beverage. If that doesn't hook her, I don't know what else will.
            I'm sure it won't take that long!! Anyway's hows things going Mike???

Hey Mike I sure hope your on vacation and not injured!! Hope to see you update soon!!

Hey Pam! Thanks for checking in on me. I'm not "injured" injured - but I decided to take a few days break due to very tight/sore legs last week and have since been slammed at work. I'm planning/hoping I can get the training back on track tonight.

Hey Pam! Thanks for checking in on me. I'm not "injured" injured - but I decided to take a few days break due to very tight/sore legs last week and have since been slammed at work. I'm planning/hoping I can get the training back on track tonight.
                  Well glad to hear your just recharging!! Hope you have a great evening!

btb1490

Mike, I hope you had a good run and are back at it again!
                      Thanks for checking in on me, Pam and Bob. I'm okay. Haven't run in 2 weeks now and then stepped into some glass while camping over the weekend. My body is raring to run, but my foot isn't ready yet. Soon - soon.

Training Week 11 Summary This week ends what Pfitz calls Mesocycle 2 - Lactate Threshold + Endurance. I was scheduled to do the following: TUE: 6mi w/6x100m Strides - Check WED: 12mi w/7mi @ M Pace - Half Check THU: 12 Mi Easy - Nope SAT: 5mi Recovery - Nope SUN: 20mi Long - Nope I know this is a couple weeks out of date, but thought I would make some notes to look back at for next time. Tuesday's run went fine. Wednesday's run was the beginning of the break. I was just tired - with dead legs. I ended up doing about 6 miles total with a little more than 2 miles at M pace. I decided then that it was time for a break to rest up my legs - thinking that the 50 mile week I did right after vacation did some damage that took a bit for me to notice. Now after two weeks off - my legs feel GREAT! I ran 12.2 miles versus the 55 miles that were planned.

Training Week 12 Summary I was scheduled to do the following: TUE: 8mi w/5x600m - Nope WED: 11mi Easy - Nope FRI: 4Mi w/6x100m - Nope SAT: 8k-15k Race - Nope SUN: 17mi Long - Nope Still not running yet. See the last update. I ran 0 miles vs. the 50 miles that were planned.

So I did some minor home surgery on my foot last night and got the remaining glass shards out of my foot. I wanted to run afterwards, but decided to wait until I walked around on it all day today. Hopefully, tonight will be my return to the roads.

(((((HUGS)))) Hope that foot heals up ASAP!!! I feel for you and Bob!!

So I did some minor home surgery on my foot last night and got the remaining glass shards out of my foot. I wanted to run afterwards, but decided to wait until I walked around on it all day today. Hopefully, tonight will be my return to the roads.
                                GOOD LUCK!!! Thinking of you!