Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

For those that aren't running ES20, you should consider the Great Bay Half Marathon on April 6, 2014.  I registered last night.  The course is a little challenging in terms of the frequent rolling hills but with it being 5 weeks from the MCM and a similar back half terrain, it is a fitting precursor to the marathon.

I'm in too...hills are my weakness so I guess this should help (or break me).

Great Gwen.  Good to have company.   Who's next to pull the trigger?  It's a very nice course.  C'mon Rob, you need this one again!

GregM

Just saw something on a FB page that said ES20 is close to sold out for the first time ever. I have no idea if this is true, but you should all click right over and sign up right now just in case.

I'm in.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

GregM

I recommend just getting older. Turning 50 has it's advantages.

Hey, Salty, that's not an option for Egad, but I say he's got sub-3:10 in the bag if he wants it.  For the rest of us, I agree entirely.

GregM

Lance & Greg,

You are doing the ES 20-miler and not the half, correct?

Lance & Greg,

You are doing the ES 20-miler and not the half, correct?

Correct.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

It's not too early to start considering a fall marathon.  It's been a couple of years since we've had a destination marathon, Philly being the last one I believe and it was a blast.   Marine Corps Marathon in Arlingtion, VA takes place on October 26, 2014.  The course travels past Arlington Nat'l Cemetary, the Pentagon, MLK and FDR Memorials and much more.  The lottery registration opens up next Monday February 24th.  You can set up an account, register for the lottery and you WILL NOT be charged even if you are chosen, not until you officially register.  A flight there is dirt cheap.  If there is any interest, we can start a thread. You can set up an account anytime to expedite the lottery process, click here for the registration page: http://www.marinemarathon.com/Register.htm

Home Away From Home

Egad-I know a few, if not a few more then a few have been talking of Iceland, also relatively cheap with a flight from boston. I don't think anyone has officially sigmed up, thinking we are waiting for the call that we are or not going but I know Allycia and I are in.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

I'm definitely in for Reykjavik, and Kim is going as well.. That said, that and Marine Corps are far enough apart that I imagine one could do both if so inclined. Theoretically.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Home Away From Home

.....That said, that and Marine Corps are far enough apart that I imagine one could do both if so inclined. Theoretically.

Good point.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

gadman

I think I have created a monster!

Egad-I know a few, if not a few more then a few have been talking of Iceland, also relatively cheap with a flight from boston. I don't think anyone has officially sigmed up, thinking we are waiting for the call that we are or not going but I know Allycia and I are in.

L Train

I think I have created a monster! 

Most of us just call it our "belly" or "stomach" but whatever works for you.

Good luck to all racing this weekend.  Keep us updated. 

"Beep, Beep!"

CONGRATS CIRCLE NORTH AT HAMPTON

Hampton Beach, NH, 2/23/14
                                Half Marathon
                                Place Div/Tot Div First Last City St Ag S No. Net Time Pace
                                45 2/53 HM5054 GREGORY MCCULLOUGH Springvale ME 51 M 865 1:28:18 6:45
                                53 9/58 HM3539 ERIC GADBOIS Springvale ME 37 M 454 1:29:56 6:52
                                71 7/73 HM4549 GREGORY CREMER Sanford ME 47 M 294 1:31:30 7:00
                                87 9/73 HM4549 LANCE HOENIG Springvale ME 45 M 598 1:33:19 7:08
                                101 10/53 HM5054 JIM MACPHEE Sanford ME 50 M 811 1:34:48 7:15
                                160 8/102 HF2529 ALICIA CROSBY Alfred ME 29 F 298 1:38:52 7:33
                                210 10/114 HF3539 GWEN BEDELL Alfred ME 36 F 53 1:43:10 7:53
                                341 32/58 HM3539 MICHAEL LECOMPTE Rumford ME 37 M 753 1:49:57 8:24
                                351 42/98 HM4044 STACY KNIGHT Alfred ME 44 M 706 1:50:14 8:25
                                635 6/13 HM6569 RICK REYNOLDS N Berwick ME 66 M 1103 2:03:57 9:28

==
                                MALE 50 - 54 AGE GROUP Place Name Age City St Chip Time

1 PATRICK CONNELLY 250 50 CHESTER NH 1:20:54 HALF

2 GREGORY MCCULLOUGH 865 51 SPRINGVALE ME 1:28:19 HALF

3 BOB LINDBERG           780 51 ROCKPORT        MA 1:30:18 HALF       
                                 ___________________________________________________________

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!