Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Onemile: Good luck, and smash it!

Same to you, docket!

Hi everyone!

URD for me.   My legs were feeling beat up, and we're getting a nasty squall line of storms this evening as a front blows through, so I'm taking the day off.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

50K.

Thanks, guys!  I decided to take an SRD.  I'm too hyped now!

Onemile could probably run on water at this point!  She is gonna blow it away!

Zoe - I can relate to what you are saying.

Jedi - I would tend to agree with you that you have a BQ in you.  Cant wait to hear your results at Frederick.

Docket - How long is your ultra?

Got 7 miles done today in much cooler temps.  HR was down and for some reason my leg felt just a tiny bit better than it did yesterday.  Will try to close out the week at 35 or so miles, which is ahead of Pfitz recovery schedule.  Will be doing all easy recovery miles as much as possible.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jenny, good luck!  You don't need it because you have it in the bag but good luck!

Damaris

Monday - 3 miles pre dawn and 5 miles post dusk easy pace

Tuesday - 5 miles in new PureConnect 8:30 pace

Wednesday - 6.5 miles 8:33 pace

Thursday - 6 milquota an 8:20 pace

Friday - 4 miles easy

29.5 miles so far with two more days to run. Getting close to, if not, a PB for mpw If I finish the week strong

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Thanks guys! I am NERVOUS. Didn't sleep a whole lot last night.  But ready to run this thing and get it over with!

Amik, yes they did have to change the course due to flooding on one of the trails and in a park? but they have not posted a new map. They said the re-certifying took longer than expected and they won't have a map to post.  I'm trying not to worry about that.

Good luck on the 50k Damaris! You will do just fine.

Ball of Fury

One:  Don't worry about the change!!  You have done the work and now, you get to enjoy it!!  Just finished my run and weather here is perfect, so yours should be similar!  Good luck...we are all rooting for you!

Damaris:  Good luck on your first ultra....you got this!

Roll:  Glad to see you have recovered!  Nice running!

Others:  6 easy miles @ 10:00/mile.  Ankle a tiny bit stiff but no pain!  Hard to believe Thursday I was in shorts and a tank and was hot.  Tights, long sleeves, hat, and gloves this AM.  I have to get ready for work but will finish personals later today!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

First update on Jenny:  10K @ 53:08 with is 8:33/mile, puts her at 3:44 finish!

First update on Jenny:  10K @ 53:08 with is 8:33/mile, puts her at 3:44 finish!

? And then?

Ball of Fury

? And then?

Just got the next update (impatient much Wink), at the half 1:50:35, 8:26/mile..on pace for 3:41!  Go Jenny!

Thursday - 6 milquota an 8:20 pace

Whats a milquota?

This shouldl say 6 miles at an 8:20 pace but the auto correct on the site thinks I type in Hebrew.

Ball of Fury

Roll:  I wondered that myself!

mdawg87

Go Jenny go!  And good luck Damaris!

Keep the updates coming AmiK.  Glad your ankle has improved.

Roll:  Nice mileage!  Before I read your second post, I thought a milquota was another "Rollism"!

Happy they caught the 2nd perp last night.  Perhaps Boston can exhale a little now.  Ran 7 miles at the track this morning.  I was going to do a MP run, but I just kept going faster so I turned it into a progression run.  Started with a 9:42 warm up mile then ran miles at 8:52, 8:47, 8:37, 8:37, 8:30, and 8:16 pace.  Felt pretty strong throughout.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Nice workout mdawg

Ball of Fury

Go Jenny go!  And good luck Damaris!

Keep the updates coming AmiK.  Glad your ankle has improved.

Roll:  Nice mileage!  Before I read your second post, I thought a milquota was another "Rollism"!

Happy they caught the 2nd perp last night.  Perhaps Boston can exhale a little now.  Ran 7 miles at the track this morning.  I was going to do a MP run, but I just kept going faster so I turned it into a progression run.  Started with a 9:42 warm up mile then ran miles at 8:52, 8:47, 8:37, 8:37, 8:30, and 8:16 pace.  Felt pretty strong throughout.

Nice run!!  Here comes that BQ!

Ball of Fury

She's at mile 20!!  2:51:15 for an 8:33/mile, which puts the finish at 3:44....bring it home Jenny!