Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

White Lightning

I do mostly saltwater. I dream of the day I need a 4 weight and a barbless hook. Do you tie your flies? Match the hatch.

I tie the easy stuff and buy the hard stuff and I try to match the hatch but i'm not too good at it.  I usually just stop by the local fly shop and ask them what I should use.  I've been out of the game for the last 12 years and have slowly been getting back into it, the tech is so much different now.

Docket - Weather here is 65F, 32 dewpoint and 37% humidity :-)  We are finally getting to the point where I can brag about the weather up here instead of complaining

Jedi - Good luck tomorrow

Ami - Still a great time, nice job

Sprinkles/mdawg/flinders - Nice runs

Me - will head out this afternoon for something around 6-8, will play it by ear.  Yard work awaits

Play the Game Hard!

5.5 Guinness soaked miles this morning. Double later tonight

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Doc says I have something like asthmatic bronchitis (or was it bronchial asthma?)--basically its bronchitis that also manifests asthma symptoms. I'm now wondering if this affected my last race. I'm not really sure how this would manifest in a race. In any case, she's got me on an antibiotic course and some asthma med. I think it's working because I feel better today. I'm gonna take the rest of the week off from running, and hope that I'll be back come Monday.

Jedi, smash it!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

feel better!

Hey all,

Doc says I have something like asthmatic bronchitis (or was it bronchial asthma?)--basically its bronchitis that also manifests asthma symptoms. I'm now wondering if this affected my last race. I'm not really sure how this would manifest in a race. In any case, she's got me on an antibiotic course and some asthma med. I think it's working because I feel better today. I'm gonna take the rest of the week off from running, and hope that I'll be back come Monday.

Jedi, smash it!

Damaris

White Lightning

Cbus - Get better.  I just finished a 30 day round of antibiotics this week and so glad to be off them

Me - 6 really easy miles at 10:21.  Started real sluggish then finished with ease.  Windy but nice and warm

Play the Game Hard!

cmb4314

Hey all,

Feel better Cbus!  Being sick is the pits Sad

Jedi - good luck tomorrow morning!!!

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Tried to post from my phone earlier, but it didn't seem to work...

Cbus - Get Better

Jedi - Good luck tomorrow!

Roll - So how did the double Guinness soaked miles go tonight?

Ami - sounds like you had fun running the 5k, but be careful with that injury

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Roll - So how did the double Guinness soaked miles go tonight?

This mornings Guinness hangover run was actually pretty good with 5.5 at an 8:30 pace. Tonight's 5 miler was slow and tired.

Cbus - you probably know this but just in case, make sure to eat some yogurt while on the antibiotics. It helps replace to good bacteria in your digestive tract.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Hey guys.

Good luck on your marathon, D.

Jedi - can't wait to hear how you killed it at Fredrick when I wake up tomorrow morning!

Cbus - hope the antibiotics do the trick.

Good running everyone else!

I'm getting back into the groove on my easy runs.  Back to my usual pace and not feeling terrible.  The first couple runs earlier this week were pretty rough but my legs seem to be slowly recovering.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! At race waiting to meet up with a few friends. rdy to get this done. Have fun stalking. Check in later.

Sprinkles - have fun pacing

D - good luck in PR.

#dowork

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Morning Donuts! At race waiting to meet up with a few friends. rdy to get this done. Have fun stalking. Check in later.

Sprinkles - have fun pacing

D - good luck in PR.

#dowork

Good luck Jedi!  I signed up to track but havent gotten anything and I'm pretty sure the race started at 7!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

Jedi, do it, brother. Do. It.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Just got an update:  8 mile mark at 56:17, 7:03/mile pace!!!  Go Jedi!!

MTA:  That's on pace for a 1:32....fast!!

onemile

Wow, super speedy! Gooo Jedi!

Ball of Fury

And he did it....1:34:41!!!