Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

MA runner girl

I asked to join the group! I'm Steph Smile I like Facebook, nice easy way to share pictures, especially with my family that may not get to see c often.

im supposed to run 3 today. But it's stupid hot and I'm tired. heading to my parents pool now. I may run it later, may not. Not too concerned since it's a cutback week.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

Ball of Fury

Hey Donuts!  I agree Facebook is easier but will do my best to post in both groups!  I did our 3rd Insanity Fit Test this morning, followed by 5 slow miles @ 9:50/mile. My legs felt tired but otherwise great!  I did quickly realize that since I haven't been running, I am not acclimated to the heat at all!  75 and humid just about had me dying!!  It's supposed to be hot all week so I guess here is my chance!

Indy:  Embassy is where we usually stay with he kiddos! It's nice and a great location.

CBus:  Can't wait for November!!

other Donuts:  Great running and will catch up tomorrow!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Oops, I was out and about but will okay all the requests to join.  10 miles of rollerblading this afternoon.  I forgot how fun that is.

A small break in the heat, it didn't hot triple digits today. It was 96 degrees with 79% relative humidity so I was able to finish 7 miles. Some scattered clouds helped a bit as well. Beer butt chicken smoked while I was running. Came bck in perfect time to take it out of the smoke/grill.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Clouds, even scattered, makes all the difference, Roll. I also think that the tropical storm that broke down helped our weather (so maybe yours as well?)

Damaris

onemile

I ran 12.

I think the fb group was a good idea. It seems so much easier and more active already than here.

ap4

I'm in on the facebook group too.  Don't post much at all, but definitely want to keep up with you guys if the activity migrates over there.

18 miles, 10 at MP today.  Legs felt a lot better than earlier in the week, ended up running a couple of recovery runs and taking an URD.  Cutback week next week.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5 miles tonight.

ap4, nice MP run.

onemile, nice 12.

Damaris

Smashy!!!

+1 re the Facebook group. The interaction is much better on FB--chatlike, rather than postlike, if that makes sense. It took some getting used to. But I got the hang of it pretty quickly. Now im totally convinced that it adds value. So, DTF, get on FB, and get in the group. The only thing is the lurkers. As admin, I get to see our activity level, and I know we have lurkers. I guess if they want to continue lurking, they'll have to move over too. What about attracting new members? Does FB facilitate new additions?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Yesterday sapped me.  I am sure I had heat exhaustion towards the end of my workout.  After returning home from taking DW out I was dead to the world, nauseous, and getting rather worried.  Feeling a bit better today but, definately an SRD today.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FB recommends group based on your curren. Likes, etc.  so eventually we will get new requests from FB users.

+1 re the Facebook group. The interaction is much better on FB--chatlike, rather than postlike, if that makes sense. It took some getting used to. But I got the hang of it pretty quickly. Now im totally convinced that it adds value. So, DTF, get on FB, and get in the group. The only thing is the lurkers. As admin, I get to see our activity level, and I know we have lurkers. I guess if they want to continue lurking, they'll have to move over too. What about attracting new members? Does FB facilitate new additions?

Damaris

MA runner girl

Indiana - Yikes! Get some water in you. Feel better!

I like facebook too. I'm on that much more often, and am more likely to post than lurk... which I do a lot of here.

Cbus - I'm not sure about the new members. Since the group isn't private, others can search for it, but it's closed so I don't know that anyone will ask to join without lurking and liking what they see?

As for me: I ran 3 miles on the TM at 9 last night. Almost didn't do it. My legs were sore from Friday's too-fast run, so I made them recovery paced. Rest day today. Planning on 21 miles this week with an 8 mile "LR" on Sunday with a friend. We haven't run together in a while and she has gotten SO fast. April 2012 we ran a half together (my PR) and I finished a little over a min before her. Well her PR is now 1:38. Crazy! Hopefully she is ok with running slooowly on Sunday.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

Smashy!!!

Do what you gotta do, and feel better!

Yesterday sapped me.  I am sure I had heat exhaustion towards the end of my workout.  After returning home from taking DW out I was dead to the world, nauseous, and getting rather worried.  Feeling a bit better today but, definately an SRD today.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Yes attracting new people is probably an issue on FB.

But we do already have 17 in the group and I think that's a pretty decent number. One reason I stopped posting in the Marathoners fb group is because there are just way too many people to keep track of (100+).

As to the lurkers, they are also welcome to join. I'm approving anyone and there's no requirement to post or you'll get kicked out.  Wink

mdawg87

5 easy TM miles, abs, and stretching at the gym this morning.  Starting this week per Hansons, I'm done with speed work and start the strength workouts (aka mile repeats).  Will be interested to see how this goes.

Regarding FB:  I tend to post more here than there.  Not really sure why.  Probably because typing on the keyboard is easier than on the phone...which is primarily how I access FB.

Indy:  A rest day is definitely in order for you.  Heat saps it out of you.

onemile:  The marathoners FB group is a bit overwhelming.  Plus I don't know many of them.  However, I do like reading about their races, training, etc.  They have a broad group of people from all over the country.  Like you, though, I don't post much in there.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)