Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

mdawg87

Good morning!  Had no time yesterday to check in.  7 TM miles @ 9:40 pace yesterday.  Strength training, cycling, and stretching this morning.  DH and I are headed to the Publix Marathon expo tomorrow to pick up his HM bib.  I'm sure being in that atmosphere will make me wish I was racing.  I'll just have to purchase something to make myself feel better!

cbus/AmiK/onemile/other grastonites:  I'm hoping I never need to have it again.  It does the trick, but I sure don't like it.

indi:  I hear you on the weather.  Lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s with sunny skies in the ATL this weekend.  I can't wait!

Docket:  Glad you are enjoying CA.  Good luck this weekend!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Easy miles sometime today. Hopefully it'll still be sunny by the time I get to run.

Ami, seriously, I think you might have to find a different PT. If the PT's unwilling/unable to do the Graston effectively, then it's just a waste of money. Maybe you can tell the PT that you really want to be healthy in a two-week time frame due to your racing schedule. If that doesn't make him get aggressive, then I think it's time to take it elsewhere. For Graston to be effective, it has to hurt.

I didn't realize how many racers we have this weekend. I thought it was just the Shamrock people. Good luck to Mdawg, Flinders, Docket, and anyone else who is racing this weekend!!! Smash it up!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Cbus- sounds like a plan- I'll pick up where I left off, and in fact, I already did.

6 yesterday with 6x100m strides in between int he insane wind.

6 recovery today -ran into a friend from law school who kept me company for a mile.

Got my bib for the NYC Half.  Wave 1!!!  That's exciting!  Must be sub 1:50 for Wave 1.  Bloggers posting all over twitter about how people must have lied about their times and bumped them into Wave 2. HAHAHA.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Smashy!!!

Cbus- sounds like a plan- I'll pick up where I left off, and in fact, I already did.

6 recovery today -ran into a friend from law school who kept me company for a mile.

Got my bib for the NYC Half.  Wave 1!!!  That's exciting!  Must be sub 1:50 for Wave 1.  Bloggers posting all over twitter about how people must have lied about their times and bumped them into Wave 2. HAHAHA.

Sprink, you are racing this weekend! That's what I thought. I originally put you in my good luck post, and then couldn't find you on the table, so I deleted your name. Sorry about that. Good luck this weekend!!!

Ball of Fury

Lol....but at least their skirts will sparkle, right Sprinkles?  Good luck this weekend!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

White Lightning

Amik - I had to force my PT to beat me up, she was afraid to hurt me.  Well not afraid but she believed on the longer and slower route but I believe that works with people not running as much as we do.  I asked her not to be shy and have at it and after two tough appointments my right side was good as new.

Docket - Cali sounds fantastic right about now, very jealous.  Good luck this weekend

All other racers, good luck

I feel deflated this morning looking out at the ice fog and cold with fresh snow.  I feel ready to run my 6 tempo today but i'm just sick of this weather, sick of it.

Play the Game Hard!

I feel deflated this morning looking out at the ice fog and cold with fresh snow.  I feel ready to run my 6 tempo today but i'm just sick of this weather, sick of it.

its temporary my friend. Its hard to hear and even harder to swallow but, trust me brighter days or around the corner.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

No idea why I was running the pace I was today.  I was supposed to be running easy.... say 9:00 pace.  Ended up with 8:25 avg pace w/ 5 miles at or faster than MP.  Total of 11 miles.

Anyway, my left calf is tight.  I need to aleve, ice, and take it easy on the paces for a few days.  I can be a dumb ass sometimes.

Hows everyone else doing?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

White Lightning

I can't believe I haven't been sick at all this winter with the cold, then hot, then cold, etc... running.  9F to start and 13F to finish my 10.17 miles with 6 tempo.  8:37 average for the entire run and tempo miles were 8:03, 8:01, 8:01, 7:54, 7:40, 7:31.  Took it easy to start because was uncertain how the legs would feel then picked it up to get my HR up.  Curious how much quicker I could be without three layers up top, gloves, beanie, winter tights, runny nose, etc..... I'm getting much faster and can't believe I was recovered enough to get that workout in.  I want to race that HM next weekend sooooo bad.  I really think I could hold 8:00-8:05 if my legs were fresh and the weather was a bit warmer.....

Indi - wow, that was pretty quick.  Maybe because it was 61F Smile

Play the Game Hard!

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Did 4.25 easy. Pace was 11:00 on the dot! The OCD loves it when that happens.

Indi, nice run!

Josh, just hang in there a bit longer. It's almost over. The geese have paired off!

White Lightning

Josh, just hang in there a bit longer. It's almost over. The geese have paired off!

lol, funny you say that, they are already back up here.  I've been hearing them outside all day

Play the Game Hard!

Ball of Fury

Finished my 6 easy @ 9:15/mile, which is probably a little fast but it was 55!!!  I ran without a hat or gloves and it was glorious!!  I really had to talk myself into going for the run when I got home from work and I am so glad I did!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

NiceNice ice runs Ami, Josh, Indi, mdawg, Cbus.

looks like Mdawg and Cbus are back in the saddle!!!

good luck this weekend racing donuts.

last night 5 easy

tonight - 5 miles as follows, 8:19, 8:12, 7:45, 7:33, 7:11. The fastest I have ever run 5 miles.

Jedi - #didsomework #?gotfaster?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

mdawg - I've been doing once a month graston and I really think it's helping me handle a higher training load without feeling on the verge of injury.

cbus - nice even splits!

Sprinkles - good luck! kick those blogger asses with their ugly sparkle skirts!

Josh - I'm with ya. Another rain/snow mix day and I will scream.

Indi - super fast run. Hope the calf is okay.  It's easy to get carried away when you feel good.

Amik - I'm jealous of your nice weather.

rollcast - super speedy 5 miles! Nicely done.

My 7 easy yesterday went pretty well despite my 15 w/ MP miles the day before.  8 easy for today and then LR tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! Banshee and RVDowning at Shamrock, Sprinkles in your HM, Docket at the LA Marathon and anyone else racing! Kick some butt!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Morning all.  Quick check-in.  Raced the RnR DC Half this morning. Watch time was 1:37:37. PR by 2:20 or so, depending on final chip time. I'll put together a RR later today.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33