Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

Mdawg Lauren Fleshman video may be on Flotrack.

Cute little guy CMB, what size batteries.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I've run RnR VAB. My prelim Spring'14 plan is to run Shamrock for a BQ. It's my last chance in the 40-44AG to get it done.

Jedi: you have to do Shamrock one day! so fun!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Hi Donuts!  Just a quick pop in from Disney!  I did do 30 min elite elliptical this morning...god, I hate that thing!  Also found a foam roller at the hotel gym....was seriously the most painful experience of my life!  So, now, DH and I are now boozing it up at Hollywood Studios!  Great job on your runs everyone and your dogs are adorable.  DS is sadly terrifieford dogs for no reason so we can't get one!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

White Lightning

Akalei – post all the food stuff in what's cookin, its not just for vegan, lets hear about the quadrouple 1/4 pounder with cheese recipes too

A lot of speedwork today, great job everyone

Banshee – My lab has seizures as well and we just took off a big lump from his stomach that they confirmed is skin cancer. I had it tested and made sure nothing's painful so not doing anything about it. I live and grew up in the country with many dogs and its just a fact of life that sometimes they don't make it too long. He's only 5 which is what sucks the most but doc says he may have a few years left. He will be my last though, allergies are just too tough.

Simon – yeah, that's our backyard. We have 80 acres that wraps around the river. We do wedding ceremonies out there in the summer and run a B&B, that's why I have so much free time on here right now, i'm closed for the winter

Cbus – I'm a huge dog lover but I would not hesitate to give a dog the boot. I counted today 22 dogs on the paths and 19 were off leash and everyone extremely well behaved. Only issue was a black lab that was carrying a stick down the path that was wider than the path, hard to get upset at that when my choclate labe would be doing the same thing. No idea on the shoes, i'm still trying to learn that stuff but I did learn how to read the bottom of my shoe this morning, learned a lot.

Me – Had a good session at the chiro doc this morning with more ART on my left ankle. After looking at my shoes and watching me run down the sidewalk she is 90% certain all pain i'm having is because of the damaged tendon in that ankle. I've taught myself to run pain free by not flexing my ankle and when I push off with my left foot, i'm pushing with the outside of my foot. My right foot is the otherway around, it pushes off with the inside/big toe of the foot. She compared my ankle to a hammer, I have it locked at 90 degrees when I run and I run like I have a sprained ankle, putting a ton of weight on the outside of my leg, irritating my ITB. So she taught me how to do some ART on my ankle and she did some work on it which really helped. Worked on my hips again, still can't get them to stretch and are so tender I can't touch them so she is going to bump up the intensity on Friday and do some Graston. She encouraged me to keep running but stop KT taping my ankle and really concentrate on pushing off with the inside of my foot. And on a very positive note, she said I should not be in a support shoe when I get my ankle fixed, stoked about that.

So after my appointment got 10 very slippery easy miles in @ 10:21. Was able to run in shorts, totally awsome. Last night started my strenght training, used my P90X chest & back workout with bands. Lots of stretching tonight, maybe some yoga, not sure yet

Play the Game Hard!

Trail Monster

Ended up with 7.25 at 9:29 average. I think I need to increase my tempo pace (9:22) because I still had gas left in the tank after 50 minutes. I even cranked out the last 10 minutes at 9:13. Yay for improvement!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Your typical RnR event, but it was fine. Weather really sucked. Not sure I'd run that one again especially considering they moved start from RFK to the national mall which just sounds like a logistical nightmare to me.

March in DC can be all over the place weather-wise.  I ran the half last year and didn't think it was too hot, though it might have been for the second half.  The year before, when it was still the National, gun time temps were in the 30s.  I disagree about the logistics issue.  The new start means that every Metro line has a stop within 5-6 blocks of the start line, so people can get there easily (the only ones who are hurt by the change are locals who drove in and took advantage of the acres of parking at RFK).  The Cherry Blossom 10M has the Mall start down pat, as do other big, shorter distance races, so it is eminently do-able.  They will have a lot of space to stage the corrals and in the early miles so that people can spread out and get up to goal pace quickly: the course map says they are starting at 14th and Constitution, which means that you should have a full six lanes of road space to spread out before the first turn (and either 3 or 4 lanes of road space until mile 6).

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Hi all.

3.7 @ 8:52 today at lunch.  It was 40, rainy and gloomy, so I was happy I was able to get myself outside at all.

re: dogs:  But even dogs on leashes can be dangerous;  leashes are really just retractable trip wires when the owner is standing around talking, and the dog darts to a patch of grass to do dog things in the tree box between the street and sidewalk, and the retractable leash stretches about shin high across the whole width of the sidewalk (and in my neighborhood most front yards have knee to thigh-high wrought iron fences, so you can't go around them on the yard side...).

I've enjoyed the dog photos.

I didn't know about FF.  I'm out off the loop, or just have been oblivious to them.  I might decide to stay that way....

Trail Monster

I didn't know about FF.  I'm out off the loop, or just have been oblivious to them.  I might decide to stay that way....

Okay, I have to say something. The example Sprinkles gave was of an Oiselle ambassador, NOT a FitFluential ambassador. FitFluential encourages health and fitness bloggers to be real, honest, and ethical. They encourage us to only take campaigns for products we actually believe in and use. They ask us to follow guidelines and rules (like not banditing races). FF ambassadors were not responsible for any of the examples of bad behavior listed so please quit blaming them!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Okay, I have to say something. The example Sprinkles gave was of an Oiselle ambassador, NOT a FitFluential ambassador. FitFluential encourages health and fitness bloggers to be real, honest, and ethical. They encourage us to only take campaigns for products we actually believe in and use. They ask us to follow guidelines and rules (like not banditing races). FF ambassadors were not responsible for any of the examples of bad behavior listed so please quit blaming them!

Accept my apologies; I wasn't trying to tar everyone with a broad brush.  I hadn't even heard to these sorts of things before this conversation came up.

Smashy!!!

Josh, wow! It sounds like you've got a lot of work in front of you. But it sounds like your doc knows what they are doing. So, I just wanted to encourage you to stay the course.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Josh - sounds like your chiro has a good idea of what the issue is and how to treat it.  Hope that takes care of it for good!

Got my intervals done.  It's getting tougher.  Shocked   I think I've almost kicked this cold though. Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Oh and I have a pair of Oiselle Roga shorts and I like them.  Sorry!

Smashy!!!

Got my intervals done.  It's getting tougher.  Shocked   I think I've almost kicked this cold though. Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Onemile, nice job on those intervals! Once I got into the middle of mine, i wasnt dreading it as much anymore. That said I'm glad they're over. To top it off, now I'm getting sick! When you say it's getting tougher, are you talking about pace or just everything overall? Oh yeah, thanks for sounding off on the shoes. I'm starting to think my knee and IT band issues are related to lack of support. I've got a pair of Inspire 9s coming in the mail. So we'll see.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Onemile, nice job on those intervals! Once I got into the middle of mine, i wasnt dreading it as much anymore. That said I'm glad they're over. To top it off, now I'm getting sick! When you say it's getting tougher, are you talking about pace or just everything overall? Oh yeah, thanks for sounding off on the shoes. I'm starting to think my knee and IT band issues are related to lack of support. I've got a pair of Inspire 9s coming in the mail. So we'll see.

I ran them at the same pace. I think they were tougher because the intervals were longer but the recovery was the same.  It went from 8x600 w/ 400 recoveries to 6x800s with 400 recoveries to tonight, 5x1000 with 400 recoveries.  Next weeks is 1200s!

I know I can feel it in my ITBs when I wear a less supportive shoe.  I hope the Inspires help you.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

I actually think the cheater is just a NUUN ambassador and hangs out with that group of ladies.  She's not a fitfluential ambassador to my knowledge...just a narcissist. Fitfluential isn't a brand, so they actually have standards Smile

Mdawg: I can PM you some links.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I agree.  I was joking and was going to say you now have experience with BAD dog owners.  I feel the same way as you.  I see them here all the time letting their dogs go loose and then getting angry when the dogs attack.  It's not their fault!

What do you mean? I have tons of experience with dog owners. Moreover, I was a dog owner myself. Part of why I don't have dogs now is a) the allergy (and my son's allergy), but 2) I understand the responsibility involved in giving a dog a quality life, and I just can't commit to that right now. Just because I expect other dog owners to be considerate of others, does not mean I hate dogs, or dog owners, or anything else. It just means I expect them to be considerate of others. Not everyone is comfortable around dogs. And those people have as much right to walk down a side walk than a dog owner does.

Damaris