Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

Rusk Runner

Woke up to have my traditional pre long run breakfast and coffee only to find out from DW that I cant start running today till noon (gotta watch DS).  Oh well, at least it will be a little warmer and I will still be done before the first playoff game.

Roll - I remember you saying you were the class clown!Big grin We are quite the group here.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5 recovery miles today.

Damaris

Roll - I remember you saying you were the class clown!Big grin We are quite the group here.

Uhhhhh (looking to the side)...I have no idea what your talking aboutClown

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Look at yourself and Cbus.  You guys keep me laughing all day long.

Uhhhhh (looking to the side)...I have no idea what your talking aboutClown

Damaris

mdawg87

Good morning!  And it is a good morning.  I ran 3 miles today!  They were at a ripping 11 minute mile pace on the treadmill, but I'll take it.  Back to the sports doc tomorrow for more treatment.  Think I may have turned the corner on this injury.  Hoping the Falcons pull out a win today.

docket:  nice run!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

onemile

Morning.  I have to do 12 this afternoon at LR pace.  It's reallllly cold today.  Single digits and windy.

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in an easy 8.25 @ 9:36. I was a mucus machine again. That gives me 33 for the week. Wore the Inspire 9s today. I was surprised how supportive they are. We'll see if it helps my knees.

Jedi, donuts on your 5k PR! Did you wear Ronin or Musha? I forget, do you wear the Elixir? I've decided the Elixir's Mizuno's best shoe.

Mdawg, awesome! I take it that those were a pain free 3 miles? Here's hoping you are finally getting over this injury. Does that make you a believer in Graston?

Onemile, it was cold and windy today. Made it kinda miserable. Have fun!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

mdawg87

Cbus:  It wasn't totally pain feee, but I didn't expect it to be.  It was much better, however, than Tuesday's attempt...which was why I was able to do all 3 miles.  Sports doc said I might have some pain and stiffness, but it should be minor at this point and start going away.  Looks like he's right.  And yes, I am now a Graston believer.

Roll:  I agree, we have a great mix of personalities in this group.  I love reading about everyone's different adventures.

Jedi:  congrats on the surprise PR!

Also want to extend a late welcome to Tricia and Jyo.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Afternoon Donuts!  Sorry I have been MIA for a few days finishing up the vacation!  Welcome to the newcomers and congrats on the training/races everyone (that is a FAST 5K Jedi!!).  So, you know you have been on vacation too long and eating/drinking way too much when your sweatpants start to feel tight.  We have taken 5 days off completely from working out/running, which is definitely the most I have taken off in over 2 years!  I would like to say the rest did me good, but meh...just feel fat and lazy!  Having said that, my mental motivation is back and I think I am recovered from the marathon disaster, so that's positive I guess.  I am definitely ready to get back into training and am sitting here still trying to come up with our 1/2 marathon training plan.  Went to a couple bookstores today but they didn't have "Road Racing" or Hansons book so still not sure what to go with.  Here is the thing:  we have 15 weeks until our HM, but during this time we also need to work quite a bit on our upper body/core/interval training for a Spartan Race that is the week before the HM (they changed the date after we registered for both unfortunately!).  I printed out Hanson's HM plan last night, but on the speed and strength days, it doesn't list distances...is this in their marathon book?  I like the look of their plan and also the paces, but a little worried about running 6 days a week and also doing a lot of upper body work, etc....So maybe PFitz is better?  I know I have asked before but I am having a really hard time deciding.  Which we go with, I  need to make the decision today and order the book.  Any last thoughts or advice?  In case it matters, we have decided to focus on the Spartan/HM for spring, do a bit more base building, and then train for the Monumental marathon in November. Thanks everyone!  Glad to be back!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Hello all...its going to be 4 recovery miles for me today and week 1 of Pfitz will be complete.  You'll be surprised to hear that I have made a decision to go back to eating eggs and chicken and fish - so you'll be seeing more of me int he recipe forum.  I'm hypersensitive to MSG and well, soy is in most vegan convenience foods, and it all has natural levels of MSG.  I can't do this without convenience options because of my crazy job, and Im gaining a ton of body fat eating this way (7 lbs in a few weeks!) so back to my sort of pescatarian non-dairy eating ways. I can at least listen to the RD this way and maybe once again shake my migraines (which are triggered by soy).

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Mdawg87: Go Niners!

Amik: for "road RAcing" are you refering to the Pfitz book? You can get this on Amazon from the used book sellers. I find it very good, and would recommend it.

Jyocom: what Zoekat said!

Zoekat: is that Tower Bridge in London behind you on your avatar?

Sprinkles: what are MSG?

Me: 10 miles at MP of 9:10 and 150 HR. Was not feeling great from the start, and only ran 14 out of a total 16 planned. Can't really put a finger on the reason, just a off day. Maybe becasue I didn't do a recovery run after a 10m on Friday?In addition, the wind was tough on the second half. But I persevered and git in the 10 at MP (+1 sec) and that is the main thing.

Going to do a trail run tomorrow, will really take it easy.

Bought a pair of ASICS Nimbus on Saturday, will do my first run in them some time during the week.

Personal bests (bold = this year): 5K - 23:27 / 5M - 38:42 / 10K - 49:31 (track) / 10M - 1:24:26 / HM - 1:51:17 / M - 3:58:58

Next races: NYC Marathon, Nov 2014 

Ball of Fury

TwoFoot:  Yes, that is the one I am referring to.  I have Advanced Marathoning but there are no HM plans in there.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Trail Monster

indiana - have a great long run!

Docket - hope your 5 went well!

mdawg - hope you are really on the mend this time!

onemile - hope the 12 are okay. It was windy here too!

cbus - awesome run!

Ami - glad you're back!

sprinkles - hope the diet changes help!

two foot - way to grit it out!

jedi - congrats on the PR!

Ran 3.5 today to make up for the missed miles from the dog attack. Averaged 10:15 pace at 9:1 run/walks which surprised me especially the day after my long run. Total of 50 miles for the week.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Smashy!!!

Ami, regarding the Hansons HM, all the workouts and paces are detailed in the book.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

mdawg - Awesome.  Happy to hear you got a few miles in.

Ami - Welcome back.  I mentioned last night that I have been reading the competitive runners handbook.  Its good but I have not studied all of the plans yet.  They do encourage you to alter the plans with advice given in the book.

Got out for my run today and my GPS went wonky before I left.  I had to use the clock, for a very undetailed log entry.  Anyway, 18.4 miles @ 9:02 avg pace.  Very easy breathing, HR very low for the first 9.2 miles when my GPS quit.  Time for an SRD tomorrow.

Are we ready for some football!!!!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!