The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

Durrr

I'm already registered for the 10k.

philibusters

I wonder when the Annapolis 6 hour run opens up.  I really want to PR that one.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Crystal is out for ES6. So I'm in for Phil's PR attempt.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

Is he attempting to break 6 hours?

philibusters

Is he attempting to break 6 hours?

Already did that at the UberRock 50K when it took me 6 hours and 40 minutes to complete that very difficult course.

I'm singing in a wedding that day so I won't even be at ES6.

Have a great race.

philibusters

I'm singing in a wedding that day so I won't even be at ES6.

Have a great race.

That sounds fun.

Durrr

Will we see you at Hospice, Phil?

philibusters

Will we see you at Hospice, Phil?

Torn between that and Great Dismal Swamp Half Marathon the same day.

Durrr

Well, I bit the bullet and consented to the most expensive race registration I've ever paid before ($102 with the processing fee).

Dear David Raley,
                      Thank you! You are now registered for the St. Michaels Running Festival - Presented by Nationwide - Half marathon - Individual Age group/open. Please check the event's website for updates.

Since there does appear to be race day packet pickup, I'm seriously considering driving there the morning of to avoid having to acquire a hotel room. I think it could work if I hit the road by 3:30 a.m.

philibusters

Well, I bit the bullet and consented to the most expensive race registration I've ever paid before ($102 with the processing fee).

Dear David Raley,
                        Thank you! You are now registered for the St. Michaels Running Festival - Presented by Nationwide - Half marathon - Individual Age group/open. Please check the event's website for updates.

Since there does appear to be race day packet pickup, I'm seriously considering driving there the morning of to avoid having to acquire a hotel room. I think it could work if I hit the road by 3:30 a.m.

I am probably going to do a half marathon next Saturday.  Shall we make it a competition.  Will you spot me 45 seconds per mile (the amount you beat me in the marathons--6:27 vs. 7:12 )

Durrr

Hmm, since my goal is to break 1:18:00, <5:57/mi is the target pace, which means you'll need to do better than 6:42/mi ---  which is around the pace of a 1:27:45. I feel like that woudn't be too hard for you, as I think you have potential to get near 1:25:00. So how about we just say this:  make it your goal next week to run a half marathon at a pace faster than I recently ran a full marathon. That means you'll need to break 1:24:31.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'll be happy to see Phil beat 6:32 pace.

Actually given how I performed today (20:06 at Trouble 5K), I may be happy to see myself beat 6:32 pace tomorrow at Cherry Pit 10-miler.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Guess I'll take the odds and guess Mutai and Kiplagat.

Durrr

So if I ran 5 easy miles today without issue, I should be able to shoot for a half marathon PR in 2 weeks, right?