Ultra Runners

GOOD LUCK, ULTRACHICK/KELLY (Read 475 times)

Kelly's running the Iroquois 100-Mile Trail Run tomorrow.  She's shooting for a sub-24 hour run and first place woman. 

GO KELLY!!!!!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

2018: Mendocino Coast 50k - April 21

Gotta Flee Em All

Leslie
      -------------

Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

You'll ruin your knees!

Sweet!  Gooooooo Kelly!  You get this weekend, I'm up next!

Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Heck yeah Kelly, tear it up and HAVE FUN!!!

Leslie
            -------------

Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

You'll ruin your knees!

Awesome run, Kelly!!!!!!!  Congrats.

Lynn

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Ultrachick

Thanks Everyone!  I appreciate your support.  The weather was perfect, my support crew (Jack and my friend Aliza who ran the 50m race) were awesome.  Jack was my pacer too so he had a long day as well.  He gave me the tough love talk in 'how bad do I want to break 24?, Get moving!' :-)  For the last two aid stations, he ran ahead and got some food for me because I wasn't stopping.  Of course. I was useless by that time-Jack: "what do you want to eat?" me: "I don't know...."  My tummy was a little queasy and by this time nothing was really tasting good but at times I was rumbling hungry too-go figure-I just drank more to get rid of the rumbles until I was on a hill to eat a GU or shot blox.  

I'll get a race report up soon,  Good luck this weekend Lynn!

Kelly 

If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Awesome Kelly! WTG!  I got caught up in race stalking you and watched the website as you passed the aid stations.Well, not all of them ,as it got quite late.

Incredible run.Please give us a report when you can.

Awesome Kelly! WTG!  I got caught up in race stalking you and watched the website as you passed the aid stations.Well, not all of them ,as it got quite late.

Incredible run.Please give us a report when you can.

+1.  Joe and I race stalked together for awhile.  Although, due to the time difference, he, of course, was up much later than I was!

Leslie
                    -------------

Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

You'll ruin your knees!

Good luck this weekend Lynn!

THANKS!  cberger will be there as well...  

MTA: speaking of tracking the race, I thought the tracking for this race was one of the best I have seen.  Those guys really did  a nice job of providing a way to follow a favorite runner. 

Gotta Flee Em All

I thought the tracking for this race was one of the best I have seen.  Those guys really did  a nice job of providing a way to follow a favorite runner. 

Yes.  It was pretty spectacular and high tech.

DoppleBock

Wow Kelly Congrats on the Win - You smoked it.

I saw a name that suprised me finishing right after you - Scott Meyers ... but the Scott I know is 41 not 36 from Oshkosh WI - Had run the Superior trail 100 8 days before this race.

7/20/17 #247 Comeback #19 ... 10/8 - Glacial Trail 50M

Congrats on a great race!!

~Sara
                            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan