Tell me how you've HTFU'd lately (Read 2844 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom, you are the man (or woman) Big grin
    Even moreso this year. I'm closing in on 1500 non-dreadmill miles and early '08 was one of the snowiest periods in MI history. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

TRIing to beat the heat!

Most recent HTFU for me was during the final closing seconds of my Thanksgiving Turkey Trot! I rounded the corner and saw the timing clock! It read 23:53! Considering that I was just hoping to make it in under 25 minutes, the fact that I was sub-24 at the moment blew my mind! There was NO WAY that I was going to come in at 24:01 or 24:03, etc... So... I kicked it into high gear and seriously HTFU! Heels were kicking my arse, HR reached 192! It was quite a sprint! Race time... and new 5K PR: 23:58!! Cool

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

It's funny that I came in from my run and logged my miles and this thread was at the top of the forum. Just returned from thanskgiving travel --- lots of driving, sick familiy, lots of looking for doctors and pharmacies in strange towns. Was up last night with my son and kept awake by DW's coughing, so less sleep than I would have liked, and I feel like I'm getting sick as well. I did not feel like running today, but I was supposed to do intervals today on the track near my house. I got out of bed reluctantly at 6:00, saw that there are about 2" of new snow, but the roads looked clear. I told myself it would be OK, got outside and found that my driveway was super icy. Almost packed it in. Instead decided to do a warmup mile to the track and see how it looked -- I figured if it was icy, I'd just jog 4 easy miles. When I got there, found that the track was largely clear of ice, even mostly dry (???). Had a good workout. It's funny how much better almost any run in cold, dark, snow and ice is than you expect --- got to remember that with winter coming.
        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

New workout on Saturday: 1 hour easy followed 5 x 5 min @ LT Last two intervals were brutal.
            Last week. 6:00am 6.3 mile run. 38 degrees, windy and pouring rain. Still better than the dreadmill.