Who would you want to do a long run with? (Read 1035 times)

Kind of along the lines of Fight Club where the two main characters say "Who would you fight?" I was thinking of my Dad, my Wife, and my Son; all of these are possible right now. All are alive and well, but haven't caught the "running bug" yet (except for my 4 year old Son; he loves running but I don't think he's ready for a 10-20miler)
    "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Well since my wife already runs and my kids are too young and to lazy to run a long run I am going with Lance Armstrong and his body gaurds. I have so many questions for that guy that time would just fly by.
        2011 Goals:
        Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
        Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      BeeRunB

Mark Twain

De-slacking in progress

Green Day I guess: Except change the word "walk" to "run" Cool Really- on my long run- I want to be by myself. "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" I walk a lonely road The only one that I have ever known Don't know where it goes But it's home to me and I walk alone I walk this empty street On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams Where the city sleeps and I'm the only one and I walk alone I walk alone I walk alone I walk alone I walk a... My shadow's the only one that walks beside me My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me 'Til then I walk alone Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Aaah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah I'm walking down the line That divides me somewhere in my mind On the border line Of the edge and where I walk alone Read between the lines What's messed up and everything's alright Check my vital signs To know I'm still alive and I walk alone I walk alone I walk alone I walk alone I walk a... My shadow's the only one that walks beside me My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me 'Til then I walk alone Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Aaah-ah Ah-ah, Ah-ah I walk alone I walk a... I walk this empty street On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams Where the city sleeps And I'm the only one and I walk a... My shadow's the only one that walks beside me My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me 'Til then I walk alone... [ www.azlyrics.com ]

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yogi Bear and what's his sidekick's name? something Boo

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Jennifer Anniston....... Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

SMART Approach

Uta Pippig. Just a sweetheart and met her a couple times at Bellin Run in Green Bay. I passed her last year (of course she was injured) and she was talking the whole way, waving, smiling - just a great person and fun!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Kara Goucher here.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Dane from Biggest Loser. When I start getting tired, I could just get a ride back home and still get credit for doing the entire run.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

Two steps behind...
                      Sam Edmond, Oklahoma 2009 Goals: 1. 1/2 Marathon (DONE Jan 2) 2. Hike to the top of Horn Peak, CO (13,450 ft) in July 3. Run a full marathon by the end of 2009 4. Keep running and no significant injuries 5. Run at least 1500 miles for the year 6. Play more golf with a stroke average in the 70's
                      kcam

I haven't done a long run in quite some time now and if I could do one now I'd have to go with friend and training pard Jim24315 - Jim's an entertaining guy to run for a couple of hours with! Now, if it came down to Kara Goucher and ole 24315 - well let's just say I could run with 24315 the next week!
                          With her arms and legs flailing about when she ran with Phoebe in the Friends episode? Big grin

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

mikeymike

One or more of my daughters.

Runners run

I don't think I'd be much of a conversationalist after 10 miles so I'd probably pick someone I could be in sync with. I'd love to run with my brother but he's not that into it anymore. Can I choose Christopher Walken?

If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I'd be making money in a very weird way. - Mitch Hedberg

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

One or more of my daughters.
                                Along those same lines, I really dream of the day that my kid runs...at least I hope he will. He sure does have the physique and boundless energy (unless something drastically changes). Other than that...there are dozens of people from RA who I'd love to do a long run with. Many of them would have to promise to REALLY slow down so as not to put me in cardiac arrest, though.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay