RA Coaching Forum

Rockenmama's Training for 2007 Fall Marathon'S (Read 1567 times)

Looks like I may be changing shoes for marathon. We'll see how this weeks long run goes (not that it's that long). Had a real nice short run this evening. Had to make sure to get back so dh could run before sun set. Not sure if that's what sped me up, the shoes or that I've just been real conservative in the past. Who knows. My runs lately have been feeling so much easier than I expected.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

Pam, you are doing so well! It isn't the shoes! It's all the hard work you've been putting in, and that nice little step back week you took. I'm so excited for you! It's almost show time! Keep up the great work!
        Pam, you are doing so well! It isn't the shoes! It's all the hard work you've been putting in, and that nice little step back week you took. I'm so excited for you! It's almost show time! Keep up the great work!
        THANKS for the support and kind words Bob!! They really mean alot!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Well I ended up with the most milage I've EVER run in a week. 69.4 miles. Hadn't planned on that milage BUT I didn't get long run last weekend and being me I had to make it up this week. Very pleased with how this week has gone. Can't believe my first marathon of the year is in 7 days. I CAN"T wait!! Run from this morning http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3829477

btb1490

It's about time you updated your blog! Wow, what a week you had! You are gonna finish running Lehigh and it will seem like just another typical running day for you! Ok, one week to go, chill out this week and let 'er rip next weekend!
              It's about time you updated your blog! Wow, what a week you had! You are gonna finish running Lehigh and it will seem like just another typical running day for you! Ok, one week to go, chill out this week and let 'er rip next weekend!
              You know I keep hearing you tell me time to chill out and relax and get ready for Sunday, which is REALLY helping me! So I'll be making sure I listen to you. Nice easy 6.2 this morning. HOWEVER I did push the last 1.2 miles a bit but not overly. I sure hope Lehigh will seem like just a typical long run (that is how I plan on running it) though I maybe a little more conservative in the beginning. Here's to an AWESOME week!! Oh here's this mornings run http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3841861

btb1490

You know I keep hearing you tell me time to chill out and relax and get ready for Sunday, which is REALLY helping me! So I'll be making sure I listen to you. Nice easy 6.2 this morning. HOWEVER I did push the last 1.2 miles a bit but not overly. I sure hope Lehigh will seem like just a typical long run (that is how I plan on running it) though I maybe a little more conservative in the beginning. Here's to an AWESOME week!! Oh here's this mornings run http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3841861
                It's ok to push the speed a little this week, but don't overdo the distance, ok? Go into this marathon rested and have an awesome time! Enjoy this week!
                  It's ok to push the speed a little this week, but don't overdo the distance, ok? Go into this marathon rested and have an awesome time! Enjoy this week!
                  Thanks for checking in! Especially since your taking the time to do it while on vacation. Really means alot! Ok speed ok, watch distance. I'll try. I am definetly taking Thursday and Friday completely off and doing a short run tomorrow as well as a short one on Saturday. Didn't get alot of sleep last night and being that today was kids first day at school, my run was just so so. I was tired. HOWEVER I did get some stuff done throughout the day. Took Kallie for a 3 mile walk and will be going for an evening run a little later. I'm finding that running in the early evening over on the trails is VERY addicting!

Got some stressfull news. Went out for run. I forgot why I DON"T like running on Tuesday Nights on the trails. They have this running club First Strides http://www.firststrides.com/I don't think the mentors have taught them about trail etiquette.Here I am running and all these women are packed like sardines walking and talking not even paying attention that runners we're coming up in front of them (even after saying passing on your left. You think they would move over? NO. Needless to say I got 1 mile warm up 2.1 fast miles and 2 miles of cooling off. I probably could of gotten a third mile in the 7's (in a row) if I hadn't ran into the FS. Here is tonights run ( I combined the two runs when uploading to motion base)http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3857963#

Easy 5.2 with husband this morning. Next run will be an short easy one on Saturday.

Got some stressfull news. Went out for run. I forgot why I DON"T like running on Tuesday Nights on the trails. They have this running club First Strides http://www.firststrides.com/I don't think the mentors have taught them about trail etiquette.Here I am running and all these women are packed like sardines walking and talking not even paying attention that runners we're coming up in front of them (even after saying passing on your left. You think they would move over? NO.
                        I hate this with a passion. I sort of expect it out of "normal" people, but people running with a club or training group should have got a least a little training on etiquette. My running club does anyway.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

btb1490

Easy 5.2 with husband this morning. Next run will be an short easy one on Saturday.
                          Coming down the homestretch! Everything is falling into place for you Pam, you are gonna have a great race! Sorry to hear about your evening run the other night. When you run, you don't want to have to worry about distractions like that, you just wanna go! Maybe carrying an airhorn is in order.... Wink
                          btb1490

Pam, I'm not sure when you're heading out for your marathon, so I wanted to wish you the best of luck now. I hope you are feeling good on race day and that conditions are good. If all systems are go, your training indicates that you will fly through this thing with ease! Looking forward to hearing about all the details! Good luck, Pam!!!
                              Pam, I'm not sure when you're heading out for your marathon, so I wanted to wish you the best of luck now. I hope you are feeling good on race day and that conditions are good. If all systems are go, your training indicates that you will fly through this thing with ease! Looking forward to hearing about all the details! Good luck, Pam!!!
                              It's a local race so no heading out anywhere until first thing Sunday. Thanks so much for not only stopping by, but for helping me stay focused and slow down when needed and thanks for the well wishes!! I'm hoping for a nice run on Sunday (feels weird thinking of it as just a run instead of a race). Hope I don't start off to fast. Will update ASAP! Thanks again Bob!

Prophet!

Good luck on the marathon this weekend Pam.