I've never experiened chafing (Read 1051 times)

I had chafing scars from about 2 1/2 years ago that just went away. That's what I got for wearing the same runderwear so many days in a row. I always wore the small, sharp edged ones because they didn't leave a tan line and all it did was leave sexy deep scars on the insides of my legs that I didn't feel at the time. Weird.
      Haha, loving all the hilarious comments...made me chuckle. Thanks for all the replies...I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Smile
      2010 Goals: Run 1500 miles Sub 22 minute 5K Sub 37 minute 8K Sub 1:45 HM Complete a marathon

12-week layoff

Anyone else out there who has never experienced chafing from running? Perhaps it's because I do not run as much or as long as some others (currently up to 20 mpw), or maybe I was just genetically endowed with great skin. Also I am pretty skinny (6 ft and about 148 pounds), so I don't have a lot of extra skin rubbing Big grin. Am I just lucky? Or will my days of chafing soon come upon me as I increase my distances?
        Borrow my thighs, and you, too, can experience chafing.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Haha, loving all the hilarious comments...made me chuckle. Thanks for all the replies...I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Smile
          If you do, a little Diaper rash cream helps after the fact. I've used the Original Desitine.
          Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

Just Happy to Run

If you do, a little Diaper rash cream helps after the fact. I've used the Original Desitine.
            Thanks for the tip! I know I have some of that left over in the back of the cabinet from the diaper days in the past... Smile
            Jason

2010 Goals
            • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
              I have no idea why this subject line prompted the development of a poem in my head...but it did and here it is: I’ve never experienced chaffing Not thigh, not nipple, not feet I’ve never experienced chaffing I say that with conceit I’ve never experienced chaffing Does that make me atypical or odd I’ve never experienced chaffing Is that just because I’ve got a super skinny bod? I’ve never experienced chaffing I’m isolated from this near universal thing I’ve never experienced chaffing No squeal at the post run shower sting I’ve never experienced chaffing No required use of lube or body glide I’ve never experienced chaffing It’s so nice I don’t have scars to hide

RobW

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by ever greater things." ~ R. Rilke

Just Happy to Run

Bravo! Nice poem! Smile
                Jason

2010 Goals
                • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
                xor

Borrow my thighs, and you, too, can experience chafing.
                  Maybe I'll try this line tomorrow night.

Maybe I'll try this line tomorrow night.
                    So how did my accidental "line" work out for you?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

About as would be expected. Always good to try.