Belch when running? (Read 1534 times)

xor

I never burp nor fart. It's always the dog. Right?

Dude, I'm the gas queen when running. Kinda sucks if we are running in formation, although I, of course, just blame it on the guy next to me. They are obviously so much stinkier than I am. Clowning around
        I burp through out the entire run. I've never farted.
        Man - I'm just the opposite.....i dont remember ever burping, but I normally TOOT every few minutes thru any lenght run. Running in a 1/2 Marathon next month (About 2000 runners) and am starting to get a little worried that Ill make a specticle of myself.. My wife used to run with me but she got too embarrased and quit (she said it was my fault that she quit running)......

Champions are made when no one is watching

Rundadrun27

I always find that my pace picks up after a fart. I don't think there's any real scientific explanation behind it. It's probably just that I'm trying to leave the "scene of the crime" as quickly as possible.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I always find that my pace picks up after a fart. I don't think there's any real scientific explanation behind it. It's probably just that I'm trying to leave the "scene of the crime" as quickly as possible.
            Jet propulsion.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

pitrunner

No burps, just toots. Yes
              I toot like it's my job. Ladylike ones (like zoomy's burps), of course.

Old, Slow, Happy

No burps, just toots. Yes
                O.K. This is me except, not toots, just big old stinky farts. I thnk it has a lot to do with my diet. I am vegetarian and really like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc. I find running to be very improtant to a healthy GI track. I usually run by myself. It's a little more problem in the gym. If I'm running a race, I don't care what they think, I'm gonna be comfortable. So, if you wonder who it is, it's probably me. By the way, methane is one of the worst greenhouse gasses so: Hold it in and save the environment.
                COJY

haha interesting replies. I DONT fart though. haha so burping, i believe, is normal and it's ok? But it does feel pretty uncomfortable when the gas is pushing it's way up the throat. Thanks.

Best Present Ever

O.K. This is me except, not toots, just big old stinky farts. I thnk it has a lot to do with my diet. I am vegetarian and really like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc. I find running to be very improtant to a healthy GI track. I usually run by myself. It's a little more problem in the gym. If I'm running a race, I don't care what they think, I'm gonna be comfortable. So, if you wonder who it is, it's probably me. By the way, methane is one of the worst greenhouse gasses so: Hold it in and save the environment.
                    So it's not the dog, it's Richard. Now at least I know who to blame. (I'm not a vegetarian, but do eat an awful lot of vegetables, beans and whole grains. I'm sure my carbon footprint in larger than might otherwise be expected.)

Certifiably Insane

Sorry, I just realized I had grabbed the wrong quote. I thought I was quoting COJY. "so burping, i believe, is normal and it's ok? " Yeah, it's pretty much a natural thing. A bit uncomfortable, but better than not doing it. After you're around running groups or races for a while, you'll find that nobody really cares. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. It's not nearly as bad as blowing your nose onto the road (the ol' two finger method) and people do that all the time. If I'm running, I figure I'm smelly, sweaty, and not a pretty sight anyway, so how much worse could I appear if I have to burp? It's all a matter of perspective. Large Richard, good point. I eat lots of whole grains and veggies, too, so I would give dairy cattle a run for their money in methane production. Plus, when I run, I generate a LOT of heat (check out my profile picture). So, when you figure the heat I'm putting off from working out, plus the gases I emit from being healthy, I'm doing double the environmental damage. I'm thinking I should quit exercising, find a comfortable spot on the couch, and convert over to a steady diet of Little Debbies. Anyone with me? Big grin
                      On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30
                      T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

That never happens to me. I did step on a duck yesterday though.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'