PRE DAWN PATROL week of 7 Jan (Read 657 times)

I plan on doing another 10KM tonight. Yesterday, it was nice 40-50ish and I did a bunch of loops all over the place.

Vim

Good Thursday morning PDP'ers. I got in 6 pretty good ones. After a mile WU, miles 2-5 were 7:49, 7:45, 7:09, and 7:23. My PE felt high on 2 & 3 considering the pace. 4 & 5 felt better and were faster. I definitely need to allow myself a longer WU before expecting speed beyond the 8:00 pace. Total was 6 miles, 47:40 (7:56), 142 AHR.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Now I really wish that emoticon I found would work. Shocked
        Hmmm - Now I wonder what you had in mind!! Confused YEAH! I got up and ran this morning. 3.85 miles at 5:15 a.m. at 11 m/m pace - how slow is that??? I think I need to determine my max heart rate. Any suggestions? Should I do intervals - or just go out and run as fast as I can for a certain length?? 300 crunches 40 push ups Feeling good!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I think I need to determine my max heart rate. Any suggestions? Should I do intervals - or just go out and run as fast as I can for a certain length?? Feeling good!! ~Mary
          Great workout Mary .... glad you're feeling good. The way I determine my max HR is by running uphill in repeats. I do 5-6 repeats of 1:30-2:00, jogging back down between. I increase intensity with each repeat and on the last one I literally try to run til I drop. I always do this with supervision ..... usually my wife. I retest about every 12-18 months. Not to get on a rant here but I consider this my max attainable HR. For a long time I used 178 as my number. Then, after a 19 month layoff, when I resumed running, it repeatedly went in excess of 190 until my fitness improved.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Ney, nice running everyone. I just got in from an 18.5 miler. not my best effort but given my last week, I can't complain Roll eyes Mary I have a great run test protcol that I'll type up at lunch, It's from Joe Friel a very well respected Tri coach an author.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
            My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.
            Then brag for the rest of your life.
            -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow Kevin - what time do you have to get up in the a.m. to run that far!! Very impressive!! Thanks for typing that up for me at lunch time. RGreen - thanks for your advise too! You had an impressive run this morning too - you are F.A.S.T.!!! ~Mary

~Mary

~unknown

wanderingoutlaw

Some really good runs already posted this morning Smile rgreen45 That's pretty fast! I can figure out most acronyms, but what is PE? Mary Glad you were able to go run and do all those crunches and push ups. But are you making fun of my normal 11 m/m (often slower, sometimes faster) training pace? Sad Kevin An 18.5 miler!? Wow, that's a long way to go after being sick. Guess you're feeling better Smile BTW, when's the marathon? A post-rain run this morning. Twas humid and 62F degrees. I ran a relatively quick 3.5 miles at a 10:50/mile pace. Take care, everyone John

John

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Some really good runs already posted this morning Smile Mary Glad you were able to go run and do all those crunches and push ups. But are you making fun of my normal 11 m/m (often slower, sometimes faster) training pace? Sad
                  I would NEVER make fun of you John!!! I do think I'm getting slower rather than faster these days though! Undecided

~Mary

~unknown

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Mary I just realized that Joe Friel is not a fan of Max HR testing, but rather Lactate Threshold Testing. the protocol I was think of is from a different author and I don't have that book hand. I think Ray's protocol is pretty close if not dead on to what I remember in the book though. Another way to do it is on the track start with a 1-2 mile easy warm up and then perform with 400m repeats with 200 meter recovery between each where each one gets faster until you can't do them anymore. The max you get (usually in the last interval) should be pretty darn close. WARNING: Please do not do these alone becasue if performed properly are a HUGE stressor on your system. BTW I got up at 3:30 this morning and was running just before 4:00, back home a little before 7:00 stretched, walked to dog (so I actually got in 19 total miles Smile ) and then stretched, agiht and got to my 9:00 meeting just in time Big grin John Next marathon is 1/27, ING Miami, so this is my shortest training cycle, just a bit over 5 weeks Shocked so I really don't plan on racing this at this point but using it a a nice training run for the National marathon that I'm running on 3/29, at least that's today's plan Wink

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
                    My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
                    Ride 112 miles.
                    Run 26.2 miles.
                    Then brag for the rest of your life.
                    -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

My plan for the rest of the week... -3.1-4 miles tonight -break on Friday -Hopefully run 25k on Saturday without getting Dead

Vim

Burninated Peasant

-Hopefully run 25k on Saturday without getting Dead
                        You better hope Bonkin's not there.
                          You better hope Bonkin's not there.
                          LOL - Good one, Michael. And good luck on the 25K, Modal!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I was hoping the temperatures would be dropping, but weather.com shows it's going to be in the 60's on Saturday... My goals for Saturday is to do 10:30 min/mile or under, be able to function the rest of the day... including spending over 5 hours driving in my car, and makeup for my Bonkin induced 25km vomitosis at El Scorcho!

Vim

I was hoping the temperatures would be dropping, but weather.com shows it's going to be in the 60's on Saturday...
                              Start early and bring water.
                              My goals for Saturday is to do 10:30 min/mile or under, be able to function the rest of the day... including spending over 5 hours driving in my car, and makeup for my Bonkin induced 25km vomitosis at El Scorcho!
                              I have a solution for this year. It is called "sign up for the 50K" - guaranteed to induce double the vomit!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Rgreen - I think some days are just like that - not really anything that you did wrong - just not in the groove!! Modal - running 10K is much better than going to bed - good for you!! Do you live in Texas? Troy - I think that ANY run on the treadmill is just plain torture no matter how much you've been running. So, have you and Kevin met up yet? I appreciate the HR advise - think I'll wait until I have my health back 100% before I try any of it. I've been coughing all day - but I'm not sorry I got up for a run this morning!! ~Mary

~Mary

~unknown