More Science of Sport discussion on barefoot running (Read 2796 times)

#artbydmcbride

The sad fact for me is that nobody cares what I think I know about running, ....

FIFY

Runners run

xor

SRL,

I cannot speak for Robert "Sandy" Snakenberg but I don't believe he meant any insult to you specifically.  He was likely refering to all of us as pathetic fools who tear our ACL because we wore shoes the minute we came out of the womb.  So it was probably more like a god speaking from Olympus refering to pathetic mortals.  Alas, no insult intended. 

(Shrek voice) Hold the phone, hold the phone.

I missed something along the way.

So "Robert" (sport jester, not me) *IS* Sandy Snakenberg???

No shit?

If so: HAHAHAHAHA.

in all seriousness I cannot claim I have any information to substantiate that.  I just thought it was an amusing possibility.

JimR

(Shrek voice) Hold the phone, hold the phone.

I missed something along the way.

So "Robert" (sport jester, not me) *IS* Sandy Snakenberg???

No shit?

If so: HAHAHAHAHA.

?

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/a8781e4948dd44f4a6dc96c4112583ec/34

xor

Jim, are you confused like me?  Or are you pointing to something that indicates Robert is The Snake?

I'm lost now.  (edit: ok, now I see Doug's most recent response.  I don't think Robert sport jester is the snake.  Of course with a name like 'sport jester' he does scream "troll")

Not that I was found before.

Wait, is an ACL tear even in the top 10 list of most common running injuries?

I know lots of people who've gotten them, but usually from snow skiing or some other activity. I never asked them if they were snow skiing barefoot.

Jim, are you confused like me?  Or are you pointing to something that indicates Robert is The Snake?

I'm lost now.  (edit: ok, now I see Doug's most recent response.  I don't think Robert sport jester is the snake.  Of course with a name like 'sport jester' he does scream "troll")

Not that I was found before.

I am calling B.S.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I think the snake is real.  He seems really wierd but he seems real.  Now could he also be Robert Sports Jester?  I dunno.  Anyone who does naked skating is hard to predict. 

I am calling B.S.

Is that Pre after he came back to life and took up professional wrestling?

I beg your pardon. That's Jake the Snake Roberts.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

I thought it was Bad Dawg before he took up running.

northernman

Fight The Future

Easy,

ChiRunning, POSE Running, Evolution Running are all based upon Jack Daniels barf that 180 steps per minute is optimum gait turnover rates

http://jap.physiology.org/content/89/5/1991.short

And even with the POSE creator teaching the test group, couldn't improve his group to be a better runner

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16195026?ordinalpos=374&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Especially since ChiRunner's "creator" uses the cheetah as a running model. Sad fact for him and his followers, he doesn't know how a cat runs.

I do.

Ack! I fed the troll! Sorry!

Feeling the growl again

try and humiliate (which doesn't work by the way) me for being able to help you.

Of course it doesn't work.  One has to be rationale and not delusional to be humiliated....or at least to realize they have been humiliated.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Is that Pre after he came back to life and took up professional wrestling?

Dude.  Too soon.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

Eephus pitch.

Ignore the amped-up Japanese-isms here and watch the pitch.  (although it bugs me that it got called a strike)