March '08...how was your month? (Read 954 times)

I had a wonderful month, considering how bad the weather was. My highest mileage ever - should be over 113 miles after tomorrow's run. Also did my longest run ever, 8.6 miles. I'm going for 30 miles this week.
    Teresa, I'm now using you for my pace bunny! Stop moving, I'm trying to catch up!! Big grin I'm hoping we can flip to page 2 sometime soon. Way to go Kirsten! This is also my highest month yet!! Let's hear it for the warmer temps!!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Let's hear it for the warmer temps!!
      "Warmer"...I'm glad you said that and not "warm." Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

"Warmer"...I'm glad you said that and not "warm." Wink
        Ha! Yeah, that "er" was intentional.
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Teresa, I'm now using you for my pace bunny! Stop moving, I'm trying to catch up!! Big grin I'm hoping we can flip to page 2 sometime soon. Way to go Kirsten! This is also my highest month yet!! Let's hear it for the warmer temps!!
          Wow, our mileage logs are eerily similar! Did you notice we each took off 3/19, 3/25, and 3/26?? Are you my running partner in disguise? Good going on your great month!
            Wow, our mileage logs are eerily similar! Did you notice we each took off 3/19, 3/25, and 3/26?? Are you my running partner in disguise? Good going on your great month!
            Really? I hadn't looked that closely, although I have noticed they're similar! Keep up the good work "partner"! I'm counting on you to pull me over the wall! Big grin
              My first relay --> Cool First half marathon trail run was awesome! I'll probably do another. Going to a doctor tomorrow... probably do a long run tonight... after my food settles... March Total --> Cry

Vim

Prophet!

working my way back after a three-week bout with flu or flu-like sickness at the end of february and first week of march. I need to work on getting my immunity on.
                  IT SUCKED! I am nursing my knee for a now and when I looked back at my awful log, it makes me want to run through the pain jsut so I have something to log! I hate this, but my projected attempt at my first run in a while is April 1. Hopefully my knee wont make a FOOL out of me! Hahahaha! See what happens when you are couped up in the house for a few weeks? You start making really bad corny jokes.......
                    Probably my best month in my short (15 months) running "career" so far. - Highest mileage ever (counting this afternoon's run Big grin ) - Reduced my 10 miles PR by 4 min (1h17->1h13) - Reduced (yesterday) my 10k PR by 4 min (47'->43') So, it looks that the usual advice that "if you want to run faster you have to run longer", it's actually true (at least in my case) Smile Rafa

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR

easily my best month ever. a new biggest monthly mileage and a new 5k PR Smile
                        March was good. I broke 100km in a month for the first time Smile and I also did my longest run so far (14km). So happy!

My legs are killing me

I had a good March. Finally overcame a groin injury and sickness to get back on track. Had a 100 mile month and a PR in a 10k.
                          jeffdonahue

Ooh, nice work, Jeff. I have a PR to claim, too--and my first time placing in my AG (mostly due to luck...for a change my AG was really slow, so I was relatively "fast").
                            Nice job on the PR and placing in your AG. I know the feeling, my age group always seems to be the fastest too. I think if I wanted to place I would have to search for the right race (ie - one most people dont know about).

Giant Flaming Dork

Hmm... 66.6 miles for the month. Running with the devil this month. Evil grin This month represents the most mileage in a month for me, ever. A PR 5 mile (okay, the ONLY 5 mile race I have ever run) and the fastest mile run since high school. However, I'm still in the process of building my base. Just read the stories about kooky's stress fracture and I'm freaked that I'm building too quickly.

http://xkcd.com/621/

Looking gooooood ;p

W00t!! We're all doing good - Although, I suspect that if you had a crap month, you wouldn't want to tell too many people about it Wink I have just completed my last run of the month, which brought my total up to over 70miles for the month which for me is great!!!! Cool The last time I did that, I injured myself the next month and took a long time coming back. I'll try and avoid overconfidence this time..... My challenge for April is to learn how to run in the high heat and high humidity of Singapore......Suggestions, anyone? Confused Peace, Phil
                                The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....