3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

Prince of Fatness

Damn Kelly, that's some scary stuff.  Hope things turn out OK.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Holy cow Kelly.  I'm so glad you came through all that, and best wishes for a full recovery.

Running can wait awhile.

Wow.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Holy cow Kelly.  I'm so glad you came through all that, and best wishes for a full recovery.

Running can wait awhile.

Wow.

+1!!  Recover well Kelly!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

C-R

Running can wait awhile.

Wow.

What spaniel said.

Here's hoping everything turns out well and thankfully you came through that episode.

Wow!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

Oh my gosh!  That is crazy.  I'm glad you are ok.  Who knows?  Maybe you will come back better than ever.  A little Six Million Dollar Man type stuff.  Get well asap!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Holy crap, Kelly!  I just saw your post.  Glad you survived that serious car crash, and the v-tach, and the surgery, and the ...  Well, geez, I'm just glad you're still around!  Good luck with the recovery.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Ostrich runner

There are days that running seems not so important. Interestingly, these days are also the ones that remind us why running is a blessing. Take care of yourself and keep people around. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Running can wait awhile.

Wow.

This.  Glad you are here to share this with us and here's to hoping your recovery goes well.  Take care of yourself first.  The roads will be there waiting for you when you are ready.

Feeling the growl again

There are days that running seems not so important. Interestingly, these days are also the ones that remind us why running is a blessing. Take care of yourself and keep people around. 

This.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Wow Kelly!  I'm glad that you're doing well now and hope that you recover quickly!

steph  

Just a dude.

Thanks all...

I actually feel quite well... I can tell already that waiting will be frustrating. It was such a nice day today I would have loved to have gone for a jog around the block.

They will look at my history on the pace maker for the week on Friday morning. Hopefully it will show that things are returning to normal.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Slo

I'm speechless Kelly.

Hopefully this is an isolated incident that you will never have to go thru again.

Wishing you the best.

Damn, Kelly, what they all said. One of these years I'll be moving back to Northern Nevada. Hopefully we can get together and go for a run.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Prince of Fatness

One thing that I will probably do is schedule an appointment with the guy that I went to for ART.  He can loosen me up and also does nerve flossing, which seems to help.  I can also talk to him about what to do going forward.  Nothing wrong with getting another opinion.

I go see this guy on Saturday.  We'll see how it goes.  I have been running but not much.  The leg still feels weak.  Trails don't seem to bother it, maybe because there is more lateral movement?  Running on pavement I notice it.  Even walking at times.  Either the nerve is still pinched a little or it is still inflamed from before.  Either way I need to get this looked at.  This guy I a seeing is a triathlete, so at least I can get some suggestions from a runner's perspective.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I think I pulled my extensor digitorum longus muscle in my right leg doing some hill workouts a couple of weeks ago. It never hurt enough to keep me from running, but I figured with a trail race coming up this weekend it might be a good idea to take a couple of days off. I can still feel it when I go up or down stairs, but I think it's better. Not running for just a couple of days has made me fat and cranky.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.