3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

"hint of lemon"?

I hear it is ALL lemon Smile

Prince of Fatness

I did not find it obnoxiously lemony.  It was there and I liked it.  I have a bomber that I am gonna age until spring just for the hell of it.

All I can say is it went down quite easily.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Today will be a test.  Tomorrow is my final weigh in for this challenge.  I am off from work and have plenty of beer in stock.

The plan is to ignore all of that beer.  I am heading down to my beer store for a $5 growler this evening and will have one pint there.

One pint today.  That is it.

Well, it was a shit day at work.  I just can't stand shitty, negative people whose first reaction is "I can't do it, whine whine whine".

Plus, my hip hurt like hell and I couldn't do a second run which really a) would have cooled the first issue, and b) really pissed me off.

So I looked to see what the biggest bottle of cold beer I had was.

Thanks to the beer (mile) fairy, it was Boulevard Brewing Co "Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale".  8%.  A Belgian style with a little sharper bite than I would expect from an average Belgian.

The bottle is empty, my hip no longer hurts, and I don't give a shit about work.  Life is good.  I think I'll take a vacation day and make red wine tomorrow.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

obsessor

A single bottle, 11.2 oz, (300ml?) of Paulaner Salvator. Good enough. Mr. Finn: I couldn't follow all that. I read it twice and all I heard was "I drank a lot of beer." It's too much to count.

Feeling the growl again

Mr. Finn: I couldn't follow all that. I read it twice and all I heard was "I drank a lot of beer." It's too much to count.

Haha.  I read some of these beer reviews and think "dude this is not French wine".  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

A single bottle, 11.2 oz, (300ml?) of Paulaner Salvator. Good enough.

No.

Prince of Fatness

Mr. Finn: I couldn't follow all that. I read it twice and all I heard was "I drank a lot of beer." It's too much to count.

Close.  I bought a lot of beer and it was almost too much to count.  Why I did that is beyond me because I have plenty of beer at home already.

I actually only drank two and a half beers last night.  I made them count though, as they were very tasty.

Not at it at all. 

obsessor

did you know, if you buy a keg of live beer from most local craft breweries, you can bottle the remainder with, like, 1/4 priming sugar, or a grain of champagne yeast or the like (to finish it off neutrally) and it works? I am sure you know. Who am I talking to?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I am sure you could bottle half a growler, if that happened.

obsessor

No.

down 13 lbs this morning.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

did you know, if you buy a keg of live beer from most local craft breweries, you can bottle the remainder with, like, 1/4 priming sugar, or a grain of champagne yeast or the like (to finish it off neutrally) and it works? I am sure you know. Who am I talking to?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I am sure you could bottle half a growler, if that happened.

Been there, done that.

You can also bottle directly from the growler right after opening, without priming, just using the innate carbonation. That is not quite as good as re-priming, but it works well in many cases. Been there, done that too.

obsessor

Been there, done that.

You can also bottle directly from the growler right after opening, without priming, just using the innate carbonation. That is not quite as good as re-priming, but it works well in many cases. Been there, done that too.

so long as the remaining sugars+nutrient / alcohol content ratio is compatible with the yeast strain, it should work.

Done that, too - I figured I was getting a slightly drier beer, and that additional fermentation had occurred. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Had this last night.

I thought it was a bit too hoppy for an amber. Not really well balanced.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

down 13 lbs this morning.

Bitch....

Prince of Fatness

Had this last night.

I thought it was a bit too hoppy for an amber. Not really well balanced.

Dude, srsly, it was a pleasure meeting you and everything so I know you are a good guy but damn you need work.  That Flat 12 Amber is pretty good.  Maybe you need to sleep with some hops or something.

In the meantime I am drinking a Sierra Nevada Tumbler, brown ale.  Not hoppy.  You would like this one.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Forgot to mention this one yesterday.  From the beer fairy.  I really liked this one.

Not at it at all.