3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

Ostrich runner

Finished week 5. Moving on to week 6.  Max = 90

All I ask is that when you finish week 6 and do the max test, don't stop at 100.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Finished week 5. Moving on to week 6.  Max = 90

Wow.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

Week 4 DONE.

Bloody hell.  I needed to max 40 on the last set, I got 42, but I could NOT get 43 and I tried like hell.  Tried so hard my avatar got worried and came over to slather my face when I collapsed.

I'll go ahead and do the prescribed max test in a couple days, but I do not think I could complete Week 5 if someone paid me to.  I will likely be pulling a C-R and doing W5C2 next week, then going to W5C3.  

If I still can't pass W5C3 that way, I will likely go do a couple weeks of bench press workouts then try again.

MTA:  I just looked at W5 for the first time.  Did anyone note the fundamental shift in training strategy that occurs?  I might just have to jump to C3 just to see how I can handle it with the shift from big sets to shorter recovery/smaller/more sets...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

It looks like we have a new recruit.

I may have to work on her form a bit, though...

(In all honesty, this type of impression is one of the big reasons I got back into serious, daily training...so my kids see it as "normal"...)

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Awesome video Spaniel.  Always good to see kids thinking moving and exercising are things that are all part of normal life.

I'm out of the push-upping for the moment.  I've done something to my intercostal muscles or ribs and am struggling to breathe normally, or to move my right arm, weighting my arm or doing anything that requires applying force with it are out right now as it stabs my chest and is just a bit crappy.  Hopefully it will sort out soon.  It started on Friday (doing up a friggin' ski boot) and has got gradually worse since then (despite no more ski boots).  Hopefully the increase in pain and decrease in ability to breathe is all a sign of healing.  Running is just about okay if I go very slow, but even then I'm getting weird stabbing stuff going on in my chest or in what feels to be my the back of my chest.  Cycling is okayish apart from leaning over to use the handlebars or going over bumps or going too fast.  Anyway, the point is I'm out at the moment, but will resume from somewhere weak and rubbish once this settles.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

C-R

Get better soon Hop. Nice video spaniel.

W4 done

52 on the last max set and just like Spaniel my dog was hovering over me on the last 5 or so and gave me a nudge when I hit the carpet. Not sure if he was making sure I wasn't dead so he could get his meal or if he was laughing at me.

Doing C2 and C3 in week four helped I think. I might have to do the same in 5 but for now I will start on C3 after my max test tomorrow.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

It looks like we have a new recruit.

I may have to work on her form a bit, though...

(In all honesty, this type of impression is one of the big reasons I got back into serious, daily training...so my kids see it as "normal"...)

Good for her!

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

W3-D2-C1

10,12,8,8, max-13

And it was fairly hard.

steph  

W4-D1-C3

Max was 34

Holy crap. OUCH!!

C-R

Max test today = 70.

On to week 5 tomorrow.

Oh and Tony - DAAAAAMMMMMMNNNN

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Max test today = 70.

Holy crap.  Nice.  Good thing we have Tony here to keep your ego in check. 

Wink

C-R

Holy crap.  Nice.  Good thing we have Tony here to keep your ego in check. 

Me thinks Tony is actually doing the 200 push up challenge.

Ben has been doing this along with us but never signed up. He's on the end of week 5 but not Tony style, I don't think.

Feeling the growl again

Post-Week 4 max = 73.

Well...that was a pleasant surprise...

C-R

Post-Week 4 max = 73.

Well...that was a pleasant surprise...

Nice!

MTA: W5-C2-D1 today with a max at 51. Will do same with week 5 as 4, doing C2 and then C3 prior to max test.